Sign in to follow this  
soldjafluffy

Magic Interested In.......

quote:
Originally posted by soldjafluffy:

well ill be honest frye was good in NY but once he got to portland he just rode the pine like the lone ranger rides silver....speaking of NY i still like Wilcox...he is a good banger down low and could be a lot of help and for cheap too

2 words..."NO DEFENSE"

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

No to Whale Davis.

It's funny, but if Davis hasn't hit that GW shot and broke out against our team, everybody would be on board with signing this guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

No to Whale Davis.

It's funny, but if Davis hasn't hit that GW shot and broke out against our team, everybody would be on board with signing this guy.

Its not even about that. Yeah I don't like that he hit that GW shot, but I just don't think he fits what were looking for. He isn't a good rebounder or a good defender.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

that's basically a top tier list of what we need/what we can afford from my glance, channing frye is a new one.

Top Tier is a stretch don't you think? More like bottom tier of what there was to begin with?

yes, i see the error of my ways... someone tell battier to play for us.

look all im saying is beggers cant be choosers...the fact of the matter is that we have 8 player on our team...8! we are already in the luxury tax and we have so many friggin holes in our team its not even funny...he cant play defense but if we can get somebody like bass or wilcox hell try and get both...get a vet. wingman for cheap and when the season starts we can all just sit back and watch...

quote:
Originally posted by soldjafluffy:

look all im saying is beggers cant be choosers...the fact of the matter is that we have 8 player on our team...8! we are already in the luxury tax and we have so many friggin holes in our team its not even funny...he cant play defense but if we can get somebody like bass or wilcox hell try and get both...get a vet. wingman for cheap and when the season starts we can all just sit back and watch...

We are not already in the Luxury tax yet

Anthony Parker to Cleveland, and looks like Frye will end up there as well. After resigning the ball-less Varejao, they are likely done.

Hoping Magic match Gortat, then trade him to either Dallas or Houston. No secret that Houston has need after loss of Yao, they also have better players to send back. Magic could gain 2-3 players in that deal. Battier and Carl Landry at SF and PF would be good of a haul as we could hope for. Problem in doing that is to even fill the end of bench with minimum contracts, and we'll be at about $80 mil, far above the tax threshhold. Just no Brian Cook, please!

Otherwise, S&T with Dallas, and what do we get back? Gortat is a huge chip right now, need to use it.