Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Otis...Matching Gortat KEY in trading for Amare, Bosh or Wade NEXT SUMMER

I said this in another thread. But I thought it deserved its own thread.

If Otis matches Gortat we can offer the Suns a better package than they agreed to with the Warriors before they pulled out.

A trade of Gortat, Anderson & Pietrus works once Gortat loses his BYC status.

Just think about it. Amare would want to come home no doubt. They will lose him for nothing. We will be able to offer them up the best package. They were going to trade Amre for what amounted to Andris Biedrins, Curry and Claxton. Claxton is broke and was a throw in but the Warriors backed out of the deal.

No doubt they would accept 3 potential starters to rebuild their team.

EDIT - Just so you now we will not be able to trade Gortat until next summer. If we match, he will be on this team for the season unless we want to trade him for a player making HALF of his salary. Here is the exact wording from the CBA.

" If either of the above apply, then the player is considered a base year player. A player remains a base year player for six months, or until June 30, whichever comes later. When trading a base year player, the salary used for comparison is the player's previous salary, or 50% of the first-year salary in his new contract, whichever is greater."

I said this in another thread. But I thought it deserved its own thread.

If Otis matches Gortat we can offer the Suns a better package than they agreed to with the Warriors before they pulled out.

A trade of Gortat, Anderson & Pietrus works once Gortat loses his BYC status.

Just think about it. Amare would want to come home no doubt. They will lose him for nothing. We will be able to offer them up the best package. They were going to trade Amre for what amounted to Andris Biedrins, Curry and Claxton. Claxton is broke and was a throw in but the Warriors backed out of the deal.

No doubt they would accept 3 potential starters to rebuild their team.

EDIT - Just so you now we will not be able to trade Gortat until next summer. If we match, he will be on this team for the season unless we want to trade him for a player making HALF of his salary. Here is the exact wording from the CBA.

" If either of the above apply, then the player is considered a base year player. A player remains a base year player for six months, or until June 30, whichever comes later. When trading a base year player, the salary used for comparison is the player's previous salary, or 50% of the first-year salary in his new contract, whichever is greater."

I cannot believe one of you smart Magic fans did not think of this trade.

The Suns were trading for a Center in Biedrins and an UNPROVEN talent in Curry. Biedrins makes $9 million for the next 5 seasons. Gortat would make roughly $6.5 average over the next 5 seasons. Anderson is in a rookie deal for the next 4 seasons and Pietrus is a steal at $5.3 million for the next 2 season plus an option.

That deal right there is two times better than the one with the Warriors especially since they would have to take back more salary from the Warriors and only one proven player versus 3.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

Yeah this topic's been done before. Scroll down to about half way down the topic list page

Geesh I cannot believe I did not see it then... I would have tore up that thread with a lot of supporting post....

Maybe it needed a change in title to reflect a direct message to Otis.

quote:
Originally posted by kwizzle29:

Jameer

VC

Lew

STAT

Dwight

Nasty lineup... but only so many balls to go around(no homo)

You are worried about their balls....heck I would be worried about the score board breaking night after night because they would be burning it up.

STAT is exactly the player next to Dwight we would need. He can shoot the 3 now and he can play aggressive defense. He is young and FROM ORLANDO.

Imagine Howard and STAT as starters and Bass backing them up...wow now that is special.