Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Otis: "Honestly, I can spend as much as I want"!(link)

quote:
Originally posted by masazasm:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If Otis can spend as much as he wants.

I say hold on to some money for next year.

Pick from those F.A.

He more than likely means retaining our players/using the exceptions without worrying about the tax! Next year we will be restrained by the salary cap!

Just playing off his quote.

But, please explain how we will be restrained by the salary cap, if this year Otis and Bob are willing to go into the tax.

Because we have Hedo and Marcin's bird right's therefore we can go over the cap as far as we wanted to retain them, also the exceptions can be used to bring players in but both of these options will take us above the luxury tax threshold which is what Otis is saying he has the blessing of De Vos to do!

To bring in one of the big FA's in 2010 we need to be under the cap which is not going to happen unless we make huge changes!

First I want to say that I know we have no chance of bringing in one of the big F.A. next year.

As far as Turk and Gortat's bird rights and being able to sign them for as much as Otis wants to, I understand that, but Otis doesn't seem to be resigning either player. And Otis is still going into the tax.

If i'm not wrong you can sign anyone you want, you just have to pay the $ 4 $ tax. Again i'm not saying Otis should do that!

He obviously doesn't feel they are worth signing for the money they are commanding, I agree though if he "can spend what he wants" surely you at least match Gortat!

Regarding "signing anyone you want" do you mean any player in the league or under contract with the Magic?

In the league, through a S&T. Hasn't the Knicks done this in the past?

Correct but as we are over the cap we can't acquire more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary that we trade away. Therefore if we were going for a max FA we would need to trade a hell of alot away!

What a bunch of whiners, you guys would complain with your mom's breast in your mouth. Probably most still do.

Mr. Smith put last years team together, which most of you also complained about and made it to the finals with it, currently we have one of the best if not the Best starting line up, it is only the first day of FA and you all complain.

Just keep crying you bunch of babies.

quote:
Originally posted by Bauncey Chillups:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:

quote:

What have we done? nothing.

If Bass is their solution, i will LMFAO he's one of the worst fits possible

Right now you may be the only person on this board who thinks that about Bass.

I've actually watched him play

And so have I and he would be a great fit with the Magic.

And the offer is supposedly 5 years 25 million last time I checked that's not the full MLE, but several sites like Hoopshype said that's cheap for him.

I mean look at what Gortat is going to be earning that's how much for a backup center. Who is going to play backup for Dallas.

Gortat will start over the useless Erick Dampier, if he doesn't than Rick Carlisle is an idiot.

Dallas has been using Dirk as their center and that is who Gortat would be playing behind at least.

If he over pays for Hedo you complain, if he dosen't reteain him you complain, If Gortat signs for more money than he is worth then you complain, if we do match then that is definately way too much for a Back up center, you will complain, we make it to the finals but don't win you complain, I am starting to understand the pattern here.

Wahhh, WAAAAHHH, WWAAAAHHHAAAA...WAAAHHHHAAA!!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pick from those F.A.

He more than likely means retaining our players/using the exceptions without worrying about the tax! Next year we will be restrained by the salary cap!

But, please explain how we will be restrained by the salary cap, if this year Otis and Bob are willing to go into the tax.

Because we have Hedo and Marcin's bird right's therefore we can go over the cap as far as we wanted to retain them, also the exceptions can be used to bring players in but both of these options will take us above the luxury tax threshold which is what Otis is saying he has the blessing of De Vos to do!

To bring in one of the big FA's in 2010 we need to be under the cap which is not going to happen unless we make huge changes!

First I want to say that I know we have no chance of bringing in one of the big F.A. next year.

As far as Turk and Gortat's bird rights and being able to sign them for as much as Otis wants to, I understand that, but Otis doesn't seem to be resigning either player. And Otis is still going into the tax.

If i'm not wrong you can sign anyone you want, you just have to pay the $ 4 $ tax. Again i'm not saying Otis should do that!

He obviously doesn't feel they are worth signing for the money they are commanding, I agree though if he "can spend what he wants" surely you at least match Gortat!

Regarding "signing anyone you want" do you mean any player in the league or under contract with the Magic?

Correct but as we are over the cap we can't acquire more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary that we trade away. Therefore if we were going for a max FA we would need to trade a hell of alot away!

O.K. got it. Thanks.

BTW Congrats on becoming a mod. I know it was a while back. but I dont post much.

So who do you think Otis will pick up? if you have posted it already sorry havn't seen it.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And the offer is supposedly 5 years 25 million last time I checked that's not the full MLE, but several sites like Hoopshype said that's cheap for him.

I mean look at what Gortat is going to be earning that's how much for a backup center. Who is going to play backup for Dallas.

How do you know that?

The Mavs are trying to trade Dampier, so I'd assume that they plan on starting Gortat.

And getting no where with that one. If you might have noticed. Plus if you haven't noticed Dallas has been using Dirk as their center so Gortat will be playing behind him at least.

quote:

quote:

quote:

So have we, and he is a beast of a shot blocker and clean up guy. he is just stuck behind dirk and he will be starting even in a wheel chair because cuban loves him so much

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pick from those F.A.

O.K. got it. Thanks.

BTW Congrats on becoming a mod. I know it was a while back. but I dont post much.

So who do you think Otis will pick up? if you have posted it already sorry havn't seen it.

No worries! Ha, thanks, definitely been a while!

To be honest I have no idea with Otis, the talent is drying up and it scares me when he says things like he is happy with the 8 guys we have and just needs to fill out the roster.

I would like to see him bring in Bass and then either resign Gortat or make a run at McDyess.

Personally think alot of people are underestimating the impact VC will have on this team, if he adds 2 of the 3 I mentioned above I will be happy with this offseason.

Need to look at the PG spot as well though, not sure how Meer will respond next season injury wise!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pick from those F.A.

O.K. got it. Thanks.

No worries! Ha, thanks, definitely been a while!

To be honest I have no idea with Otis, the talent is drying up and it scares me when he says things like he is happy with the 8 guys we have and just needs to fill out the roster.

I would like to see him bring in Bass and then either resign Gortat or make a run at McDyess.

Personally think alot of people are underestimating the impact VC will have on this team, if he adds 2 of the 3 I mentioned above I will be happy with this offseason.

Need to look at the PG spot as well though, not sure how Meer will respond next season injury wise!

I agree with you about Carter, he is a major upgrade to Turk.

And what i've seen from Anderson, he fits right in.

I still dont think Otis will resign Gortat if Dallas gives him the full MLE.

Bass seems to be the choice if the team goes with the more traditional line-up. But they also have the option of starting Pietrus (which is what Otis planned for him last year). Which they would still need to get a couple back-up centers.

I would like to see N.J. buy out Batties contract and bring him back, just as a leader on the bench. Then try for Varejao, instant energy off the bench.

At point I have no clue.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How do you know that?

The Mavs are trying to trade Dampier, so I'd assume that they plan on starting Gortat.

And getting no where with that one. If you might have noticed. Plus if you haven't noticed Dallas has been using Dirk as their center so Gortat will be playing behind him at least.

Wrong. I followed the Dallas Mavs the whole 2008 season and Dirk played as center but never starting, he did played center when Dump was resting. They played a lot of small ball with Kidd, Barea, Jet, Bass, Dirk, or Barea, Jet, Howard, Singleton, Dirk. That being said Dirk played center for short times.

Gortat is intended to be the center. I expect them to rotate Dirk along with small line-ups.