Sign in to follow this  
Charlius

Starburys. ? to the ballers.

This is a bit of a reaction to the 'Another Reason I Hate Lebron..' thread that I just now got around to seeing.

OK, if you don't know, Starburys are the brand of NBA shoe that Marbury is making at only $15 compared to those $100+ shoes of the likes of Jordan and Lebron.

OK, I go out and ball around 2-3 times a week. I don't know about the rest of you that go out and play, but for me, I HAVE to have cheaply priced shoes on to play in. Otherwise, I'd be so afraid of wrecking the shoes. I'd be more concentrated on keeping the shoes in good condition than actually playing the game. Shoot, everybody would be driving past me for layups if I shelled off enough money to get me a PlayStation Portable for shoes.

One time, I got the T-Mac 2's at Ross (where they have the namebrand stuff at discounted) when the T-Mac 3.5's were due to come out. They cost me about $35. $35 and I still couldn't bring myself to play hard in them for fear of scuffing them. So now, I only get my shoes for playing ball at Wal-Mart or Pay-Less.

So my question to the people that ball AND play in the expensive shoes - How do you bring yourself to do it and why??????????? For me, those shoes are just for walking around in to look good.

Last thing for fun. In the other thread, did Stephon really say he could beat Jason Kidd 1 on 1? I think he only said that he thought he was the better point guard. Definitely Jason Kidd is the better point guard and team player. But one on one, I'd be putting my money on Stephon in that matchup. Man, I would love to see stuff like that like 'Nike Battlegrounds' where they get a bunch of guys off the street in a one-on-one tournament to see who comes out in the end. Man, if they had something like that for NBA players.

-Charlius-

This is a bit of a reaction to the 'Another Reason I Hate Lebron..' thread that I just now got around to seeing.

OK, if you don't know, Starburys are the brand of NBA shoe that Marbury is making at only $15 compared to those $100+ shoes of the likes of Jordan and Lebron.

OK, I go out and ball around 2-3 times a week. I don't know about the rest of you that go out and play, but for me, I HAVE to have cheaply priced shoes on to play in. Otherwise, I'd be so afraid of wrecking the shoes. I'd be more concentrated on keeping the shoes in good condition than actually playing the game. Shoot, everybody would be driving past me for layups if I shelled off enough money to get me a PlayStation Portable for shoes.

One time, I got the T-Mac 2's at Ross (where they have the namebrand stuff at discounted) when the T-Mac 3.5's were due to come out. They cost me about $35. $35 and I still couldn't bring myself to play hard in them for fear of scuffing them. So now, I only get my shoes for playing ball at Wal-Mart or Pay-Less.

So my question to the people that ball AND play in the expensive shoes - How do you bring yourself to do it and why??????????? For me, those shoes are just for walking around in to look good.

Last thing for fun. In the other thread, did Stephon really say he could beat Jason Kidd 1 on 1? I think he only said that he thought he was the better point guard. Definitely Jason Kidd is the better point guard and team player. But one on one, I'd be putting my money on Stephon in that matchup. Man, I would love to see stuff like that like 'Nike Battlegrounds' where they get a bunch of guys off the street in a one-on-one tournament to see who comes out in the end. Man, if they had something like that for NBA players.

-Charlius-

I am a shoe enthusiast and have had a nice collection of basketball shoes, nothing extreme, far from. Ranging from old Jason Kidd Zoom, Jordan, various Nikes etc.

How do I bring myself to play in them, simple! They were built for basketball and there was nothing like pulling on a fresh pair and wearing them to their death. And when you consider how much we pay over here, lol.

On how much we pay, there are shoes that I have that I just can't wear on the court cause it would be foolish considering how much I had to pay. I try to find a good shoe cheap, such as the Huarache 2K5 that I currently use.

On JKidd and Marbury, well you got to pose the question as to the value of one on one basketball. I don't value one on one basketball. I'm far better working with other people on the court than going against one guy and basketball is 5 on 5.

I don't play basketball myself, but i think marbury is one smart guy making a ton of money off those shoes. I work in a mall and when my dad bought a pair he said they only let people buy one pair cause they go threw them so fast. So alot kids probably do use them when the play on the court.

Yea, to anyone that has the Starburys. How long do they last compared to others?? I'm curious about them and might get some.

-Charlius-