Sign in to follow this  
COLOMBIANO

Denton on ESPN at 5pm

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Denton says they want Gortat to develop a better shot so he can be more effective while playing with Dwight; which they hope to do more of, next season.

LOL. We can use that 2M then to hire Steve Smith to teach Gortat how to J...!!

His J is can not be developed.. cos it's not J..

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

I hope it's just sign-and-trade leverage. A sign-and-trade for Gortat and the full MLE to Sheed/Bass/McDyess makes so much sense. Gortat's offense at the 4 was equivalent to Tony Battie's defense and rebounding.

Gortat can still develop at the 4. We forget where Gortat was just months ago. He's come a long way..

That said, we have to keep Gortat even if that means losing out on any of the 3 players mentioned. I don't see how some of you can think that losing out on Sheed/McDyess is somehow worse than losing a legitimate 7-footer. Bass, OK, I might be willing to understand the thinking there but I'd still prefer keeping Gortat under most circumstances.

Unless we are going to start Gortat next year paying him that much money does not make sense. Considering we have Anderson at the PF and Gortat would be backing Dwight up for a whopping 10 minutes a game again. We need to trade him.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

He says our salary will be north of 80 mil.

With who? Wouldn't resigning Gortat only put is slightly at 70 or so?

we're at $68mil right now. where is the other $12mil in salaries coming from? doesn't seem like the front office is in talks with anyone right now.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

we're at $68mil right now. where is the other $12mil in salaries coming from? doesn't seem like the front office is in talks with anyone right now.

Well we need another PG and another big.

quote:

quote:

We will be close. Add maybe another 5 to 6 mil for Gortat and then 3 more players at 1 to 2 mil.

quote:
Originally posted by Nessloch:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

I hope it's just sign-and-trade leverage. A sign-and-trade for Gortat and the full MLE to Sheed/Bass/McDyess makes so much sense. Gortat's offense at the 4 was equivalent to Tony Battie's defense and rebounding.

Gortat can still develop at the 4. We forget where Gortat was just months ago. He's come a long way..

That said, we have to keep Gortat even if that means losing out on any of the 3 players mentioned. I don't see how some of you can think that losing out on Sheed/McDyess is somehow worse than losing a legitimate 7-footer. Bass, OK, I might be willing to understand the thinking there but I'd still prefer keeping Gortat under most circumstances.

Simple. Gortat plays 15mpg in a blowout and 6mpg in a tightly contested playoff game. You don't pay 5.5 million dollars a year in a financially strapped situation to someone who doesn't play a lot of minutes. A 2 year mid-level to Sheed or McDyess would give us 22 million dollars in expirings, and would by playing 25-30mpg would be a better use of our finances. In 2 years, and with multiple draft picks we can address our need for young frontcourt depth and a backup point.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:

Well we need another PG and another big.

AJ will back up Nelson and Otis is hoping Jeremy Pargo will be as good as his brother.