Sign in to follow this  
Wharf Rat

Delusional Cav fans happy with VC trade...

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

Dumbest fan base in the NBA. Maybe all of sports.

That would be the Boston Red Sox.

ok being from beantown area just 40 minutes north in maine I a a red sox fan and were ot all like this. remember were all a lot alike most of your family friends rooting for the hometeam, just we can get ****y I do understand this for people on thoutside looking in.

but in my opinion it's yankees fans there the worst. I'll admit they've cooled off a lot since they haven't been to good lately.

But this is all a whole different topic. sorry for rambling

Havent read everything here but, I dont see a problem w/ Cavs fans being happy about it to a point. Hedo and Rashard were matchup nightmares. With us going conventional...that for sure gives them a better chance to win. You completely change what makes us so dangerous in the first place and you may become suceptible to what makes the Cavs so good. And I'd agree that it would be easier for West, a great defender, to guard VC instead of Hedo. Hedo towers over West. And one of West's strengths is shutting down the VC esque guard. Asking West to guard a 6'10 SF was a little much. This is completely different. Yeah, it's fine to be excited to have Carter and all but, there is also a chance this may not work. This brings us down to everyone elses level from a conventional lineup stand point. Still extremely talented but, we were so dangerous because of the matchups we had, we dont have those anymore. We'll have your standard PG, SG, SF, PF, C lineup and that plays into the Cavs hand. We had their number and talented or not, that may not be the case anymore. The C's were more talented but, the Cavs matchup well against them. And now they'll matchup a little bit better against us. Essentially, Otis is building to beat L.A.! but, changing our dynamic could certainly be dangerous. Just ask the Pistons...and that wasnt extreme as this. This team was in the Finals...a complete make over wasnt needed but, by going conventional w/ potentially a true PF, is just that.

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

My favorite was the line that Delonte West can guard Vince better than he could Hedo. I mean, honestly, Delonte on Carter sounds like a massacre waiting to happen. Why won't the Cavs learn that Delonte West is a major defensive liability, period. Putting him against a taller, more athletic, 8-time all-star, doesn't make him less of one.

+1

Anyone who says Delonte is a defensive liability has no idea what they're talking about. He's one of the most efficient defensive shooting guards in the game. I suggest you go watch some more basketball. I dont mean to be harsh but, it's common knowledge to NBA fans that he is a very, very good defender. Anyone who watched him on a regular basis, Cav fan or not would say the same.

quote:
Originally posted by New Guy:

Havent read everything here but, I dont see a problem w/ Cavs fans being happy about it to a point. Hedo and Rashard were matchup nightmares. With us going conventional...that for sure gives them a better chance to win. You completely change what makes us so dangerous in the first place and you may become suceptible to what makes the Cavs so good. And I'd agree that it would be easier for West, a great defender, to guard VC instead of Hedo. Hedo towers over West. And one of West's strengths is shutting down the VC esque guard. Asking West to guard a 6'10 SF was a little much. This is completely different. Yeah, it's fine to be excited to have Carter and all but, there is also a chance this may not work. This brings us down to everyone elses level from a conventional lineup standup point. Still extremely tealnted but, we were so dangerous because of the matchups we had, we dont have those anymore. We'll have your standard PG, SG, SF, PF, C lineup and that plays into the Cavs hand. We had their number and talented or not, that may not be the case anymore. The C's were more talented but, the Cavs matchup well against them. And now they'll matchup a little bit better against us. Essentially, Otis is building to beat L.A.! but, changing our dynamic could certainly be dangerous. Just ask the Pistons. This team was in the Finals...a complete make over wasnt need but, by going conventional w/ potentially a true PF is just that.

My points exactly, we didn't need to blow up our team, we were held back by SVG's mismanagement of egos not a lack of the proper personnel. Rafer and battie ok, but definately not turk, lee and probably gortat. More conventional, is easier to deal with. Lets hope this experiment works out.

quote:

Havent read everything here but, I dont see a problem w/ Cavs fans being happy about it to a point. Hedo and Rashard were matchup nightmares. With us going conventional...that for sure gives them a better chance to win. You completely change what makes us so dangerous in the first place and you may become suceptible to what makes the Cavs so good. And I'd agree that it would be easier for West, a great defender, to guard VC instead of Hedo. Hedo towers over West. And one of West's strengths is shutting down the VC esque guard. Asking West to guard a 6'10 SF was a little much. This is completely different. Yeah, it's fine to be excited to have Carter and all but, there is also a chance this may not work. This brings us down to everyone elses level from a conventional lineup stand point. Still extremely talented but, we were so dangerous because of the matchups we had, we dont have those anymore. We'll have your standard PG, SG, SF, PF, C lineup and that plays into the Cavs hand. We had their number and talented or not, that may not be the case anymore. The C's were more talented but, the Cavs matchup well against them. And now they'll matchup a little bit better against us. Essentially, Otis is building to beat L.A.! but, changing our dynamic could certainly be dangerous. Just ask the Pistons...and that wasnt extreme as this. This team was in the Finals...a complete make over wasnt needed but, by going conventional w/ potentially a true PF, is just that.

Do you honestly think the Magic with the same line up from last year would win the championship next season? Boston Alone would eliminate the Magic purely because Magic doesn't have a go-to scorer and a shot creator. Magic beat Celtics without KG.. with KG, it would have been a different story.

And oh of course, Lakers would run over for another ring.

Change was needed.

quote:
Originally posted by VCMagic15:

quote:

Do you honestly think the Magic with the same line up from last year would win the championship next season? Boston Alone would eliminate the Magic purely because Magic doesn't have a go-to scorer and a shot creator. Magic beat Celtics without KG.. with KG, it would have been a different story.

Change was needed.

A go to scorer would not be an issue against the Celtics. Interior defense and rebounding would have lost us that series long before we need clutch baskets down the stretch. Hopefully we add a big body and if not, maybe we can be such an offensive juggernaut that we overcome interior issues

quote:
Originally posted by VCMagic15:

quote:

Change was needed.

Was such a drastic change needed? No it was not yet. People fail to realize how young our team is and inexperienced when it comes to addressing w/ the playoffs. They would have continued to grow and we cant downplay what a healthy Jameer would have meant to this team. The Magic could have used the MLE on a guy like Bass, if he was interested in another bench role. (questionable) and he could solve or atleast ease a lot of the Gasol matchup problem. And every series is different and I couldnt say for sure that a healthy Celtics team would beat us. KG is a tough guard for Lewis but, Lewis is a tough guard KG. This would have changed everything. The flow of the games would have been different. I honestly dont think there would be much of a different. It would be close either way. As for the Lakers...come on, the series wasnt played like a 4-1 defeat. It could have easily been 2-2 if Alston/SVG dont get in a scuffle and fall apart down the stretch. This team wasnt far away and we were missing one of our key components. And Lee and Howard would naturally get better. And lets not forget the experience this young team would have just gained together in an unlikely run to the finals. I for sure think the team we had, could have one an NBA champsionship. I dont think there is any reason to think otherwise. We were Eastern Conference champs for god sakes...a few years before anyone thought we could accomplish such a feat.

I'd also add...as much as I love him, SVG handled the finals terribly. He too, could greatly benefit from getting there, though.

quote:
Originally posted by Da_Coach:

quote:

Havent read everything here but, I dont see a problem w/ Cavs fans being happy about it to a point. Hedo and Rashard were matchup nightmares. With us going conventional...that for sure gives them a better chance to win. You completely change what makes us so dangerous in the first place and you may become suceptible to what makes the Cavs so good. And I'd agree that it would be easier for West, a great defender, to guard VC instead of Hedo. Hedo towers over West. And one of West's strengths is shutting down the VC esque guard. Asking West to guard a 6'10 SF was a little much. This is completely different. Yeah, it's fine to be excited to have Carter and all but, there is also a chance this may not work. This brings us down to everyone elses level from a conventional lineup standup point. Still extremely tealnted but, we were so dangerous because of the matchups we had, we dont have those anymore. We'll have your standard PG, SG, SF, PF, C lineup and that plays into the Cavs hand. We had their number and talented or not, that may not be the case anymore. The C's were more talented but, the Cavs matchup well against them. And now they'll matchup a little bit better against us. Essentially, Otis is building to beat L.A.! but, changing our dynamic could certainly be dangerous. Just ask the Pistons. This team was in the Finals...a complete make over wasnt need but, by going conventional w/ potentially a true PF is just that.

My points exactly, we didn't need to blow up our team, we were held back by SVG's mismanagement of egos not a lack of the proper personnel. Rafer and battie ok, but definately not turk, lee and probably gortat. More conventional, is easier to deal with. Lets hope this experiment works out.

Do you know why things become conventional? Because they work! The experiment was the two small forward tandem and while it was pretty successful, it still wouldn't stand much of a chance against a healthy Spurs or Lakers squad.

quote:

Anyone who says Delonte is a defensive liability has no idea what they're talking about. He's one of the most efficient defensive shooting guards in the game. I suggest you go watch some more basketball. I dont mean to be harsh but, it's common knowledge to NBA fans that he is a very, very good defender. Anyone who watched him on a regular basis, Cav fan or not would say the same.

Yeah it shocked me too. The guy made Joe Johnson and Rip Hamilton look like D-Leaguers