Sign in to follow this  
OnlyIntelPosts

How Will Vince even help the Orlando Magic?

Just the fact that VC can play two and three more effective on d makes this a killer move for us. VC can guard kobe, wades, tmac type players. Plus He can be the sf as well. Turk could play some sf and shooting guard on offense but it was hard for him to guard those players.

Believe it or not, VC makes us even more versatile-- and that is saying a lot. We were already hard to match up. Now we add an allstar starter player.

I have a question that has been bothering me for some time now. Just how much of a mismatch does Turk's size cause? See, with Rashard the mismatch is immediately obvious. He can go around bigger guys and he can post up smaller guys. Turk does not do that. No matter what the matchup is....Turk plays small. He rarely posts up smaller players and when he does he almost always settles for fadeaway jumpers that bails the defender out.

The only real benefit I see to Turk's size is it enables him to get his shot off a little easier.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I have a question that has been bothering me for some time now. Just how much of a mismatch does Turk's size cause? See, with Rashard the mismatch is immediately obvious. He can go around bigger guys and he can post up smaller guys. Turk does not do that. No matter what the matchup is....Turk plays small. He rarely posts up smaller players and when he does he almost always settles for fadeaway jumpers that bails the defender out.

The only real benefit I see to Turk's size is it enables him to get his shot off a little easier.

EXACTLY. Watching Turk attempt to post up a smaller player is like watching Brian Cook dribble. You just KNOW something bad will happen.

Lewis poses matchup problems whether he is at the 3 or 4. The only real matchup advantages were created when they ran the pick and roll with Lewis and Turk and forced a switch. Then Lewis could post up the SF or Turk could take the PF off the dribble. I doubt those matchup issues disappear with Vince.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

carter's athleticism allows just that as well

Yes it does. It doesn't seem like we lose much, does it?

Turk was tall but had credit card hops. Which is why he resorted to laying it up off of the backboard and completely missing the rim, while hoping for Dwight or the refs to bail him out.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Amen. During the ECF I was just puzzled Hedo never posted up Delonte West. Turk hardly used his size to his advantage.