Sign in to follow this  
Magicfanagain

draft

I know everyone is clamoring for us to draft a PF and to a lesser extent a PG. Regardless of if we trade in or not, this off season we are in an excellent position. We're coming off a trip to the Finals and have TONS of options. We have a couple expiring contracts that tend to be good trade bait. We have possible returners in Hedo and Gortat OR sign-and-trade possibilities with Hedo and Gortat. We have multiple pieces to move, or return the team mostly intact and make another run at it.

That said, I think one of either Alston or Nelson will HAVE to be moved. Alston's ego isn't going to allow him to sit the bench and play backup minutes all year and SVG has shown he doesn't care to make him mad. I think we should do everything we can to move into the draft and take PG TY LAWSON from UNC. Is he a bit small, perhaps. But he is lightening fast with the ball, had a KILLER assist-to-turnover ratio in the title run, played 3 years of college ball (experience), and has developed a very nice 3 point shot that would fit perfectly into our system. If he has time to develop behind one of Alston or Nelson he could be just what our team needs in a PG in the future. We are absolutely our best when we get out and run and push the tempo...no draft pick is better at this than TY LAWSON. 16.6 ppg, 6.6 apg, 1.9 turnover per, 3 rbg, 2.1 steals per. That's a heck of a statline for a guy playing with 3 other potential first rounders.

I know everyone is clamoring for us to draft a PF and to a lesser extent a PG. Regardless of if we trade in or not, this off season we are in an excellent position. We're coming off a trip to the Finals and have TONS of options. We have a couple expiring contracts that tend to be good trade bait. We have possible returners in Hedo and Gortat OR sign-and-trade possibilities with Hedo and Gortat. We have multiple pieces to move, or return the team mostly intact and make another run at it.

That said, I think one of either Alston or Nelson will HAVE to be moved. Alston's ego isn't going to allow him to sit the bench and play backup minutes all year and SVG has shown he doesn't care to make him mad. I think we should do everything we can to move into the draft and take PG TY LAWSON from UNC. Is he a bit small, perhaps. But he is lightening fast with the ball, had a KILLER assist-to-turnover ratio in the title run, played 3 years of college ball (experience), and has developed a very nice 3 point shot that would fit perfectly into our system. If he has time to develop behind one of Alston or Nelson he could be just what our team needs in a PG in the future. We are absolutely our best when we get out and run and push the tempo...no draft pick is better at this than TY LAWSON. 16.6 ppg, 6.6 apg, 1.9 turnover per, 3 rbg, 2.1 steals per. That's a heck of a statline for a guy playing with 3 other potential first rounders.