Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

The OFFICIAL "Coaching Suggestions" thread.

I will make it simple because I think there are definite areas where the Magic have been out coached.

#1 - Starting a quarter. Starting a quarter should be viewed as a free timeout. When the Magic start off with the ball there should be a definite play designed to get a quick 2 points. I noticed that every time the Lakers start the with the ball to begin the quarter they have a set play and more times than not they score. (See the fourth quarter of last night and game 2). It seems that every quarter the Magic come out with the ball walking it up the court and it takes forever to get in to their set play. I would think it would be imperative to treat it like a last second play and run it so they get a shot off that they want.

#2 - Always foul when we are up by 3 in the last seconds of the game. I have yet to see it work out for the Magic in a positive way of not fouling.

Ok feel free to add what else you see as a fan the coaches could work on/do different.

I will make it simple because I think there are definite areas where the Magic have been out coached.

#1 - Starting a quarter. Starting a quarter should be viewed as a free timeout. When the Magic start off with the ball there should be a definite play designed to get a quick 2 points. I noticed that every time the Lakers start the with the ball to begin the quarter they have a set play and more times than not they score. (See the fourth quarter of last night and game 2). It seems that every quarter the Magic come out with the ball walking it up the court and it takes forever to get in to their set play. I would think it would be imperative to treat it like a last second play and run it so they get a shot off that they want.

#2 - Always foul when we are up by 3 in the last seconds of the game. I have yet to see it work out for the Magic in a positive way of not fouling.

Ok feel free to add what else you see as a fan the coaches could work on/do different.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

#3 on a defensive last play, make sure you have Lee on the court defending the point guard.

+1

Well

#4 Close out quarters - you're not killing time, Alston doesn't have to take a bad shot. Get a good play and execute.

#5 Last second shots - learn that you can drive to the basket with 2 or 3 seconds. Stop taking bad jump shots in a hurry with 3 seconds left when you need 1 or 2 to finish at the rim (ok Pietrus?)

#6 Guard Fisher - 10 years doing the same thing, it's about time that you take him into consideration

#7 Go at the people in foul trouble - don't quit, go at them, mostly if it's Lamar Odom.