Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 4 - Game 1: NBA Finals Game Thread Magic @ Lakers 6/4 9:00 P.M.

Denver Nuggets fan here. First - CONGRATULATIONS to the Magic. I so wanted the finals to be the Nuggets vs the Magic, but it was not meant to be for my Nuggets.

I feel that last night's game was no indication of how the series will go. Seemed to me that the Magic were tight last night. Hopefully that is behind them, and they win Game 2, and then bring it back to Orlando for 3.

GOOD LUCK

One of the bright spots from last night's game was how sharp Jameer looked on the floor. His shot will take some time to fall, but he quickness and decision making are key. It also seemed like he didnt shy away from contact. What do you guys think?

Well poo. We really picked a bad time to play a horrible game. It was slightly worse than the Boston game after 4 days off from a long road trip back in January.

I don't know why we don't shoot worth crap when we have days off, but i don't see that happening again. That was just unreal.

Stan has his work cut out for him in finding ways to get around their trees in the paint, and slowing down Kobe. Dwight handled them pretty well in the first 18 minutes of the game, but Gasol/Odom/Bynum is going to be an issue for the entire series.

Jameer wasn't bad, but i think his presence was not helpful for the amount of minutes he got. His most dangerous weapon was his shooting, and if he doesn't have that (and i don't see that returning longrange) then I don't see why you would play him big minutes.

Still, we usually make good adjustments, and i expect game 2 to be much better.

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

May have to go to the ABC store and get more JD. Apparently I didn't drink enough to get a Magic win! LOL

I know I'll take the heat for this but when JJ came into the game they started playing Magic ball. The rhythm was much better and they seemed to settle down. Jeff even mentioned that JJ was the only Kobe stopper. Even though Kobe backed him down he missed the shot. When he faced up, JJ had a hand in his face. Anyone remember what he did to Ray Allen? hand in the face Pietrus gave Kobe too much room. Lee, well I'm not sure what was up with him. I've thought for a long time he's the guy but he struggled. I was truly disappointed in his play.

Truly not a good decision to have Jameer in the game. SVG needs to stick with what got them to the finals. Too late for experiments.

This was like a Van Halen concert-you don't know who the lead singer is going to be! LOL

JVG said that while laughing btw. Kobe started the game like 4 for 10? Almost every shot he hit a hand was either in his face or just missed blocking it. All the and-1s seemed to be touch fouls after they got comfortable with the refs letting them play. By the time JJ came in, the only thing Kobe was trying to do was hit 40. He wasn't trying to win at that point. The game was already decided which would equate to garbage minutes for both teams.

I do think Jameer playing the entire 2nd was a mistake though. Not to confuse it with Jameer playing. Jameer playing was great. It was wonderful to see him out there and looking comfortable but having him out there for extended minutes (entire 2nd qtr?) may have hurt the flow. Keep in mind the guy is playing PG and for how ever many games, these guys are used to having either Alston or AJ out there. It may be cool in practice, but that kind of adjusting can't happen during Finals games. I'm not sure what was going through SVG's head at the time to leave him out there. If the offensive flow seemed to be in disarray, revert back to the PGs that helped you get to this point. I think we all would've considered Jameer's comeback successful with 15 productive minutes in 3-4 minute spurts.

This game was a bad showing, but I bet that they will come out shooting much better from now on. They've been "broken in" lol. The Lakers took advantage of their bright eyed approach to game 1. Only 1 player even hit 5 shots!! I doubt that ever happens again. I would like to see them scrap any play that ends with Alston popping out for three though. That play seems to be a momentum stopper. Also, I don't understand how 2 6-10 guys cower when going to the hoop? If that's your answer to the Gasol mis-match, you gotta make them pay. If you're going to the rim, go strong and try to finish strong. Stop with the pumps and acrobatics. Even though it was an embarrassing night, I know they can bounce back and make this next one interesting.

Agree on the 6-10 men. What's with Shard going around the basket so much? Please Shard, go strong and dunk from time to time!!!

And it would help if Hedo was able to post up somebody.

Stan has a lot work to do. Please Stan, look for smart ways to handle the Lakers on defense and use your mistmatches properly.

quote:
Originally posted by Denver Native:

Denver Nuggets fan here. First - CONGRATULATIONS to the Magic. I so wanted the finals to be the Nuggets vs the Magic, but it was not meant to be for my Nuggets.

I feel that last night's game was no indication of how the series will go. Seemed to me that the Magic were tight last night. Hopefully that is behind them, and they win Game 2, and then bring it back to Orlando for 3.

GOOD LUCK

Thanks man. I was rooting for the Nuggets too.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:
Originally posted by ClubMed:

That line up would really work for the Lakers. They ll score lets say, 15000 points against the Magic.

Lewis at the 2?

Not even Laker fanatic Reggie would dreqam of a deadly tactic like that.

If you want to commit suicide, get in the elevator go to the top floor and jump off of the Empire State Building.

well somtimes you need to make those sort of changes you require lewis in the game for his offence hedo is way too slow to mark kobe at least lewis may force kobe to adjust his shot and lose some rythum it will also give us a bit of height inside where we need it kobe will get his points it just starts with trying to force his team to work harder and attempt to limit thier production in both points and rebounds.

also warlock has had a solid year and he mat its the big men combo the need to top la early they wont be able to then team up and hack dwight that worked for them it threw us out of our game no one getting touches trips up the floor normaly worth 2 or 3 points become 1 or 2 points

i was thinking a little diffrently somtimes its what it takes to get over the line and i have won championships coaching that way 15000 points dont exerate put somthing decent on paper to back up your arguement lot of people on here just have diffrent views on what they see there many diffrent ways to play the game somtimes they work somtimes they dont at least bring somthing to the table if you dont agree with someones tatic rather saying "If you want to commit suicide, get in the elevator go to the top floor and jump off of the Empire State Building."

I didnt mean to offend you.

Ok, I ll give you the reasons why it wouldnt work.

First of all starting gortat would really be a disaster.

He is Dwights back up.

If he starts, Dwight will have to fight with Bynum and Gasol through out 48 minutes.

We all know thats not possible.

Using Lewis at 2, as a part of the back court wont work. He ll have way too many turn overs in return 25 3 point attempts. What we are gonna be givinp up will be hustle at the back court and post ups at the front. You can not play with the team this much, especially during the finals.

These are radical measurements which no coach would dare to think of.

I dont even want Jameer to play let alone changing positions.

We havent come this far to give up on a silly change on the roster.

If any of you are interested, here is a video where Scott Hastings and Alfred Williams spoke with Jon Barry today in regards to last night's game. Alfred feels Howard was getting beat up.

Go to fm1043thefan.com and it is the second entry under On-Demand

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:

That line up would really work for the Lakers. They ll score lets say, 15000 points against the Magic.

Lewis at the 2?

Not even Laker fanatic Reggie would dreqam of a deadly tactic like that.

If you want to commit suicide, get in the elevator go to the top floor and jump off of the Empire State Building.

well somtimes you need to make those sort of changes you require lewis in the game for his offence hedo is way too slow to mark kobe at least lewis may force kobe to adjust his shot and lose some rythum it will also give us a bit of height inside where we need it kobe will get his points it just starts with trying to force his team to work harder and attempt to limit thier production in both points and rebounds.

also warlock has had a solid year and he mat its the big men combo the need to top la early they wont be able to then team up and hack dwight that worked for them it threw us out of our game no one getting touches trips up the floor normaly worth 2 or 3 points become 1 or 2 points

i was thinking a little diffrently somtimes its what it takes to get over the line and i have won championships coaching that way 15000 points dont exerate put somthing decent on paper to back up your arguement lot of people on here just have diffrent views on what they see there many diffrent ways to play the game somtimes they work somtimes they dont at least bring somthing to the table if you dont agree with someones tatic rather saying "If you want to commit suicide, get in the elevator go to the top floor and jump off of the Empire State Building."

I didnt mean to offend you.

Ok, I ll give you the reasons why it wouldnt work.

First of all starting gortat would really be a disaster.

He is Dwights back up.

If he starts, Dwight will have to fight with Bynum and Gasol through out 48 minutes.

We all know thats not possible.

Using Lewis at 2, as a part of the back court wont work. He ll have way too many turn overs in return 25 3 point attempts. What we are gonna be givinp up will be hustle at the back court and post ups at the front. You can not play with the team this much, especially during the finals.

These are radical measurements which no coach would dare to think of.

I dont even want Jameer to play let alone changing positions.

We havent come this far to give up on a silly change on the roster.

you didnt offend me i like diffrent views i know not everyone agrees to what is said here but its nice to see points i love this game and always learning more about it and some of the poster here raise valid and intresting points that make me go wow never thought of it like that i just like an agree to disagree view with some point to it.

they are some very true reasons and i do agree with you in that reguard i was looking at as lee was too small we was owned big time and pietrus just is not a finals starter hedo tends to take over some of the running of the offence we have battie there whom can back up dwight i just like gortat at the moment he is making the right decisions which we need to get off to the right start. i was thinking with kobe on shard we would take that little bit out of kobe he is human and extra pressue dose cause him to over do it every now and again. i really want to see more of jj on the court he is a liitle slow on defence but he is gritty and his defence has improved by no means but i wouldnt start him as he has not been in the rotation since he started against boston. i think when we start to struggle from the floor again stan needs to bring him in as confidence trigger for the side he might hit a couple and turn that corner that we need to turn and i think that would be a better option than our main guys forcing the shot to get some rythum or confidence back.