Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

proposed trade...

trade arroyo to miami for this years first rounder(#20) and doleac.

it fits under salary cap rules, and miami needs a point guard just like arroyo. he would be happy there too. secondly, that would free up battie for a battie, hedo, and future 1st rounder(plus filler) for a run at VC, or maybe allen, although i dont think he is going anywhere.

"with the 20th pick in the 2007 draft, the orlando magic select jarvis crittenton."

trade arroyo to miami for this years first rounder(#20) and doleac.

it fits under salary cap rules, and miami needs a point guard just like arroyo. he would be happy there too. secondly, that would free up battie for a battie, hedo, and future 1st rounder(plus filler) for a run at VC, or maybe allen, although i dont think he is going anywhere.

"with the 20th pick in the 2007 draft, the orlando magic select jarvis crittenton."

I seriously doubt that any NBA team consider any of our PGs worthy of giving up a 1st round pick, let alone adding Doleac to the deal (unless they WANT to move him for some reason).

miami's problem is that there is no proven point in the draft that will come in and provide the spark they need(at the position they will be drafting at). their other problem is that they spent themselves out of future contention with all their contracts, they probably want to start cutting payroll as much as they can so they can re-up in 2 or 3 years. unloading one salary and removing the first rounder allows them to not have to pay a first rounder their guaranteed salary for what, 3-4 years? arroyo only has one year left. doleac would be nice to have on our team, but i agree i dont see them letting him go. but who knows what their financial plans are?

according to hoopshype, arroyo was mentioned by a miami newspaper as being an ideal canidate for them...although you can take that with a grain of salt with brian schitz making similar kinds of suggestions with the sentinel.

I guess this: if we fire brian hill this summer, trade Arroyo probably gonn be a mistake. He