Sign in to follow this  
gAmE.oVe|2

offseason moves???

anderson has played his way out of the mle i think. If warrick could hit the three at a more consistant rate i would like him. dont want/need house. millsap, lee, and artest are going to be above the mle. kidd cant play d anymore and we dont need another point.

i like warrick and bass

This is not a videogame, you can't just sign every FA because he feels a need. Their is such a thing as a salary cap which I am convinced most on this board don't grasp. On top of that you have to look at will they even leave their current team which for almost everyone one mentioned is a no. Listen we have Shard who is so overpayed it will hurt this team for years to come, we can't afford to bring in high profile guys. We will have to build through the draft and veterans.Which we have no draft picks, and veterans are more likely to go somewhere else. To lose Turk is stupid because we can't replace him with anybody better.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

...and veterans are more likely to go somewhere else.

Why?

Good question, teams like the Cavs,Celtics,Lakers and Spurs always seem to get the veterans. Some has to do with because most of the veterans want a shot to win a ring and the feeling around the league even though we have a great reg season record come playoff time those teams were contenders and we were not. Another reason I believe is SVG. Veterans do not really appreciate his ranting and in your face type coaching style and seem to flock towards more laid back coaches. Either way just look around the past 2 periods when guys have been released or come out of retirement and see that none have come to Orlando. PJ Brown, Cassel,Kurt Thomas,Mutombo,Marbury,Joe Smith. Mikki Moore,Dice... Or maybe Otis is simply is not as good at persuading these veterans that this is the place to win a ring. This is why I worry about getting Dice, their has already been reports he is interested in both the Spurs and the Cavs.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why?

Good question, teams like the Cavs,Celtics,Lakers and Spurs always seem to get the veterans. Some has to do with because most of the veterans want a shot to win a ring and the feeling around the league even though we have a great reg season record come playoff time those teams were contenders and we were not. Another reason I believe is SVG. Veterans do not really appreciate his ranting and in your face type coaching style and seem to flock towards more laid back coaches. Either way just look around the past 2 periods when guys have been released or come out of retirement and see that none have come to Orlando. PJ Brown, Cassel,Kurt Thomas,Mutombo,Marbury,Joe Smith. Mikki Moore,Dice... Or maybe Otis is simply is not as good at persuading these veterans that this is the place to win a ring. This is why I worry about getting Dice, their has already been reports he is interested in both the Spurs and the Cavs.

Orlando in many peoples eyes (in particular the media)were dismissed as a contender this year, if they knock off Cleveland and make the finals there is no doubt they will have veterans knocking on the door for next season regardless of stans coaching style - if they can't put up with a bit of screaming for the chance of a ring then quite frankly they dont deserve to be on this team.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why?

I have a feeling all that is about to change. How many veterans did Cleveland get before they got LeBron and started winning in the playoffs? Ditto with the Celtics two years ago.

This playoff run is going to make Orlando much more attractive for guys like that. With a team on the brink of a championship (and who knows, they might win it this year), warm weather and no state income tax, I think you're going to see veterans wanting to play here. The problem in the past has been that the team has never had any consistent success.

As for the SVG stuff, at this point it's conjecture and I don't buy it. Even if you're right and no one wants to play for him, I don't think very many players would give up a chance to win a championship because they don't want to be yelled at by their coach.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why?

I have a feeling all that is about to change. How many veterans did Cleveland get before they got LeBron and started winning in the playoffs? Ditto with the Celtics two years ago.

This playoff run is going to make Orlando much more attractive for guys like that. With a team on the brink of a championship (and who knows, they might win it this year), warm weather and no state income tax, I think you're going to see veterans wanting to play here. The problem in the past has been that the team has never had any consistent success.

As for the SVG stuff, at this point it's conjecture and I don't buy it. Even if you're right and no one wants to play for him, I don't think very many players would give up a chance to win a championship because they don't want to be yelled at by their coach.

I've been thinking about off season moves fro a while.

I think that it's based on the outcome of our plyoffs. If we wein I would think Otis whould be crazy not to resign Hedo and give this team a chance to repeat as champions; I'd trade Gortat for a pick and get either Dujan Blair/ Jordan Hill if the pick is high, or Tyler Hansbrough if it is low. If we dont win i'd think that they trade Hedo and sure up the squad for the next few years for a finals run. I think the Kings would welcome back Hedo and we could get their number 4 pick. Jordan Hill anyone?