Sign in to follow this  
veddertruth

Foreign based Magic fans..

quote:
quote:

Originally posted by The Seventh Seal:

Puerto Rico

Does Puerto Rico count as "foreign"?

When you think of the United States, do you think of Puerto Rico? Didn't think so... We're part of the US because they haven't decolonized us yet, but that doesn't mean that our culture, our language, our sentiments, and even our basketball teams are foreign to whatever those of the US are. So, yes, I consider myself a foreign Magic fan.

quote:

quote:
quote:

Puerto Rico

When you think of the United States, do you think of Puerto Rico? Didn't think so... We're part of the US because they haven't decolonized us yet, but that doesn't mean that our culture, our language, our sentiments, and even our basketball teams are foreign to whatever those of the US are. So, yes, I consider myself a foreign Magic fan.

Only if the Magic had your enthusiasm... Then we'd have the most defensive team in the league..

quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

Puerto Rico

Only if the Magic had your enthusiasm... Then we'd have the most defensive team in the league..

LOL, don't we already?? icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

Puerto Rico

I am 29. And I always thought puerto rico was a seperate country until I was 27. And no, I was a great student, especially good at geography and I know where each of the 200+ countries are on the map with pin-point accuracy.

I was amazed that It was part of the united states since they have their own national team. Famours people from puerto rico never say they are from US etc.

So there is a reason I was wrong.

quote:

quote:
quote:

Puerto Rico

Seeing as I was born and raised in Florida, I definitely think of Puerto Rico when I think of the US.

But to each his own. It wasn't an attack, just weird hearing Puerto Rico considered "foreign"

quote:
Seeing as I was born and raised in Florida, I definitely think of Puerto Rico when I think of the US.

But to each his own. It wasn't an attack, just weird hearing Puerto Rico considered "foreign"

I didn't consider an attack, we're cool. I was just stating my perspective, that's all.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

quote:
quote:

Puerto Rico

I get you. A lot of Puerto Ricans in FLA.

I was gonna say something like I'm Puerto Rican but not sure if it's foreign.

Fact is we're a colony, so we're foreign in some instances and not foreign in others.

Sometimes you can write you post address and you can use PR both as a state and as a country hehehe.

But in terms of culture and other stuff, we're foreign.

At least nobody has asked where in Mexico is Puerto Rico.... lol true story.

Anyway, go Puerto Rico and go Magic!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Magic236:

quote:
Originally posted by nabeca:

how many turks from outside Turkey? I am in buffalo ny now.

Netherlands

Dat komt al aardig in de buurt? Waar in Nederland?

I'm from Belgium!