Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 3 Game 2: Playoffs Game Thread Magic @ Cavaliers 5/22 8:30 P.M.

quote:
Originally posted by Icemansync:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I hate to overly critical after that great game, but two things really stand out to me...

1) When you have the last possession in a tie game, there is only one unacceptable outcome in regulation. I wouldn't label it poor clock management, but it was obviously less than perfect.

You wanted the play ran so the player would take the shot so time would run out while the ball was in the air? Easier said than done. The player looks at the clock to time when to make his move, but after he starts his move, he's looking for his shot.

I think Hedo played it great.

I'll take my chances on leaving the other team with one second left.

Agreed as well. Stan said it himself it was a coaching decision which he thinks he couldve played differently but still we had a very good chance to win it. I dont feel that bad actually. This type of game makes me believe our team can destroy Cleveland in the next 2 games.

I feel bad because I lost money, but won on the spread. could of been a real big money night.

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

quote:
Originally posted by iddelen:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Turk:

This Cleveland coach does not really deserves that ''best coach of the year'' for sure !!!

Yeah, there is something funny about him. Maybe the way he talks?!

Iddelen, I just saw your post. Several posts later, I mentioned that Coach Brown was stuttering and seemed nervous.

No worries. Yours came right after Magic Turk's response. So I thought you were replying anyway.

BTW, I like your game threads.

quote:

In the post-game press conference, Coach Brown seems awfully nervous. . .he is stuttering (unless he has a speech impediment)

That b***h was up there complaining about foul calls on Lebron. But whatever this game hurt for about 30 minutes. Now I got perspective, and feel we should win 4-1 or 4-2.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Snarsky:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Tommaco:

Wow what a hell of a game! it sux we came up on the loosing end of it but i still got great confidence in our team in this series. That was just an incredible shot by lebron no ifs ands or buts about it. and the sad thing is everyone int he basketball world saw it coming. Huge huge shot for lebron and the cavs ... i guess his motiviation was not to go down 0-2 he came through big time.

Im proud of the way our guys faught in this game when the calls where total total BS specialy when we loose by one point and the most obveous technical foul in basketball history wasnt called on mo the roach williams for throwing the ball at dwight.

But hey i guess david stern and the refs just have no idea what they are getting into with this magic team WE ARE MENTALY TOUGH AND WE ARE UNDOUBTABLY the best TEAM in the game right now. We faught our way back into this game and where just a heart beat away from stealing it.

All i got to say is

MY GOD HEDO WHY OOOO WHY DID U LEAVE ANY TIME ON THE CLOCK!!!!!!????????????????

**** i wish he would have just let it go with nothing left. if he would have missed it we go to OT.

oh well great game for basketball fans world wide!

Magic fans dont be down about this, we went to cleveland and gave them the run of there life...we are now 1-1 lets just get game 3 and keep them chasing us in this series!

If you had a nickel for every spelling error in that post...

I had to go fish your other post since this one was so insightful.

"That would make a lot of sense if Garnett and Powe somehow perish before the start of next season...But I don't want to take you off your post-series high...So I'll stop here."

Can you spell Troll correctly?

Sorry. Just an angry Celts fan. It's just frustrating to see you guys complain so much when you're doing fine. "The refs cost us the game.""SVG is a moron". You guys act as if you're down 3-0. You win some, you lose some. Miracles happen.

That being said, I don't think you guys are the better team. I think you're pretty much equal with the CAVS...and there's no way to tell how this is gonna end up. Home court adv. or not.

OK, we can talk basketball. Are you saying a similar sample of Celtic fans would not find the same nonsense? I certainly don't have time to go find out so I'll take your word for it but I would be surprised to find out the same doesn't happen there. It's human nature.

As far as being better, I would say the best way to find out is to see what happens when two teams play each other. Our record head to head shows us to be better. These two games could have gone either way and would indicate that both teams are pretty even when they play in Cleveland. We'll have to see what happens in Orlando.

I personally think we are the better team but Lebron James is the best player I have ever seen and that makes Cleveland a wild card.

Well obviously that "nonsense" can be found anywhere to some extent, but of all the places I've hung out at, this place seems to have the most severe case. But you know what, I'm a celtics fan on a magic forum...So the bias is obviously there. Just like you thinking the magic are the better team, which you know would be the opposite if you lived in Ohio following the Cavs all season. I also think winning 2 of 3 in the season isn't the biggest reason to feel comfortable about this series. Judging by the first 2 games, it's easy to see that these teams match up far better than fans from both sides are willing to admit.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Tommaco:

Wow what a hell of a game! it sux we came up on the loosing end of it but i still got great confidence in our team in this series. That was just an incredible shot by lebron no ifs ands or buts about it. and the sad thing is everyone int he basketball world saw it coming. Huge huge shot for lebron and the cavs ... i guess his motiviation was not to go down 0-2 he came through big time.

Im proud of the way our guys faught in this game when the calls where total total BS specialy when we loose by one point and the most obveous technical foul in basketball history wasnt called on mo the roach williams for throwing the ball at dwight.

But hey i guess david stern and the refs just have no idea what they are getting into with this magic team WE ARE MENTALY TOUGH AND WE ARE UNDOUBTABLY the best TEAM in the game right now. We faught our way back into this game and where just a heart beat away from stealing it.

All i got to say is

MY GOD HEDO WHY OOOO WHY DID U LEAVE ANY TIME ON THE CLOCK!!!!!!????????????????

**** i wish he would have just let it go with nothing left. if he would have missed it we go to OT.

oh well great game for basketball fans world wide!

Magic fans dont be down about this, we went to cleveland and gave them the run of there life...we are now 1-1 lets just get game 3 and keep them chasing us in this series!

If you had a nickel for every spelling error in that post...

I had to go fish your other post since this one was so insightful.

"That would make a lot of sense if Garnett and Powe somehow perish before the start of next season...But I don't want to take you off your post-series high...So I'll stop here."

Can you spell Troll correctly?

Sorry. Just an angry Celts fan. It's just frustrating to see you guys complain so much when you're doing fine. "The refs cost us the game.""SVG is a moron". You guys act as if you're down 3-0. You win some, you lose some. Miracles happen.

That being said, I don't think you guys are the better team. I think you're pretty much equal with the CAVS...and there's no way to tell how this is gonna end up. Home court adv. or not.

OK, we can talk basketball. Are you saying a similar sample of Celtic fans would not find the same nonsense? I certainly don't have time to go find out so I'll take your word for it but I would be surprised to find out the same doesn't happen there. It's human nature.

As far as being better, I would say the best way to find out is to see what happens when two teams play each other. Our record head to head shows us to be better. These two games could have gone either way and would indicate that both teams are pretty even when they play in Cleveland. We'll have to see what happens in Orlando.

I personally think we are the better team but Lebron James is the best player I have ever seen and that makes Cleveland a wild card.

Well obviously that "nonsense" can be found anywhere to some extent, but of all the places I've hung out at, this place seems to have the most severe case. But you know what, I'm a celtics fan on a magic forum...So the bias is obviously there. Just like you thinking the magic are the better team, which you know would be the opposite if you lived in Ohio following the Cavs all season. I also think winning 2 of 3 in the season isn't the biggest reason to feel comfortable about this series. Judging by the first 2 games, it's easy to see that these teams match up far better than fans from both sides are willing to admit.

Shut up.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

{X-Factors}

Pretty easy tonight, especially for the Cavs. Even though he's usually a Main Factor, tonight the Cavs X-Factor is Mo Williams. Despite his late three over Rashard and his miracle buzzer beater at the half, Mo was only 6 for 19 for 31.6% shooting from the floor in Game 1. Not only is he looking for redemption, there's pressure from LeBron for Mo to play better. Anyone who saw the LBJ-Mo post game presser knows exactly what I'm talking about.

If he plays well, especially on O, they're severely likely to win. If not, then all the pressure falls to guys like Delonte or Big Z to step up, or they WILL lose again.

For the Magic I think it's Mickael Pietrus. He just needs to keep it up, and keep doing what he's doing on both ends of the floor (although if he could pressure James more in the post than he did in Game 1 without fouling, that would be sweet). The Magic have won three straight playoff games, two on the road. Air France has had three straight very good performances.

Yeah, I don't think that's much of a coincidence either.

Okay, so I was almost positive these first two road games would be a 1-1 split, one way or another. Like, 97% positive. So I have to think that the Cavs (refs?) flip this ever so slightly and win a close game instead of lose it. My unfortunate prediction tonight is that Mo Williams at least partially comes through for them, which is why I'm playing him tonight in fantasy.

But of course I'm playing Cavs players at all because I better use them now.. since they won't be available in the NBA Finals. *wink*

A disclaimer though. I didn't realize until Game 1 just how arrogant/entitled the Cavs are, how ridiculously prideful they are. Not to mention how low my opinion is in Mike Brown's coaching and, well, pretty much always has been. Which is why I think my prediction is down to only an 80/20 chance of coming through.

If the Magic can pull off that other 20 percent.... well, you know the rest!

Orlando 95

Cleveland 98

*sigh* Sometimes I hate being right. As long as I'm right about the rest of the series, I guess it's alright.

quote:

Just like you thinking the magic are the better team, which you know would be the opposite if you lived in Ohio following the Cavs all season. I also think winning 2 of 3 in the season isn't the biggest reason to feel comfortable about this series. Judging by the first 2 games, it's easy to see that these teams match up far better than fans from both sides are willing to admit.

If I lived in Ohio, I still would feel the same way. For example, I still believe Detroit would have beaten us in the playoffs if we had played this year. And it is not because of what they did to us in the playoffs last year, is that we could not beat them this year either.

Just like I would rather play the Lakers than Denver and my least favorite opponent would have been Houston with Yao.

I simply tend to pay attention to match up problems and how team play each other during the regular season. I'm not saying that is the one and only way to judge, I'm saying that I pay attention to it more than other things.

quote:

quote:

Iddelen, I just saw your post. Several posts later, I mentioned that Coach Brown was stuttering and seemed nervous.

No worries. Yours came right after Magic Turk's response. So I thought you were replying anyway.

I hope you don't misunderstand me. . .but I was not apologizing for making the same observation after you made it. I just thought it was interesting that someone else witnessed or had the same observation about Coach Brown's speech as I did.

Also, thank you for the compliment on my game threads. I enjoy doing them.

That was heart breaking..But when we were down 23, we already thought this was a game they are meant to win..We had our chance..Lebron just hit a amazing shot..Though someone whould of pressured the 6 foot Mo Williams on the inbound..Magic just have to defend the homecourt..Weve played them very well at home through out the season..Lets keep it up..Still end up going 3-1..I said Magic in 6.

I dont see why were were defending the lob..this is mo we are talking about. can he really get a lob to someone w/ dwight down there..

#1 defend the win - a 3 pointer always. defending the win should always be the priority over defending a tie.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Turk:

This Cleveland coach does not really deserves that ''best coach of the year'' for sure !!!

Yeah, there is something funny about him. Maybe the way he talks?!

Stop flirting with my girl icon_razz.gif

quote:

quote:

Just like you thinking the magic are the better team, which you know would be the opposite if you lived in Ohio following the Cavs all season. I also think winning 2 of 3 in the season isn't the biggest reason to feel comfortable about this series. Judging by the first 2 games, it's easy to see that these teams match up far better than fans from both sides are willing to admit.

If I lived in Ohio, I still would feel the same way. For example, I still believe Detroit would have beaten us in the playoffs if we had played this year. And it is not because of what they did to us in the playoffs last year, is that we could not beat them this year either.

Just like I would rather play the Lakers than Denver and my least favorite opponent would have been Houston with Yao.

I simply tend to pay attention to match up problems and how team play each other during the regular season. I'm not saying that is the one and only way to judge, I'm saying that I pay attention to it more than other things.

That's cool, and I'm glad you decided to call me out... Rather then some of the other people on here (sorry guys). I still have doubt that you'd find the magic better as a cleveland fan. When your team ends up with the best record in the nba, fear in general gets thrown out the window.(i.e. celtics last year) It's impossible to come to a conclusion though. There's no way to set your bias aside and speak honestly, regardless of how honest you think you're being. I hope I'm not coming across wrong as I was eariler.