Sign in to follow this  
The Total Tommy

'Meer's shoulder- Will he be the same?

Hey everyone! First thread here, so bear with me if I screw it up somewhere, please!

I'm not exactly familiar with what kind of potential "after-effects" there are to a torn labrum and the surgery that Jameer Nelson had. I was wondering if anyone else has the occasional worry that, as great as this man was before he went down, he will have trouble returning to full form, especially after an injury to a complex joint such as the shoulder (was it his shooting arm)?

Maybe it's because I've seen some of our other all-stars have injuries and, while they may have returned to play, were never quite the same (Penny, Grant Hill, etc.). Does anyone have an MD or at least know what we can realistically expect?

Here's hoping he can return 100%, though! Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone! First thread here, so bear with me if I screw it up somewhere, please!

I'm not exactly familiar with what kind of potential "after-effects" there are to a torn labrum and the surgery that Jameer Nelson had. I was wondering if anyone else has the occasional worry that, as great as this man was before he went down, he will have trouble returning to full form, especially after an injury to a complex joint such as the shoulder (was it his shooting arm)?

Maybe it's because I've seen some of our other all-stars have injuries and, while they may have returned to play, were never quite the same (Penny, Grant Hill, etc.). Does anyone have an MD or at least know what we can realistically expect?

Here's hoping he can return 100%, though! Thanks everyone!

Welcome Tommy.

I think it's difficult to compare because everyone reacts and rehabs different and faster than others.

I don't think it was his shooting arm and I can't see why he wouldn't be as good as he was.

They won't let Jameer return unless he is completely healthy, they won't make that mistake again. I don't see why he wouldn't return to his form before the injury, he is a tough player and should come back hungrier after seeing how well the magic are doing now.

And that is where the dynasty starts...

Oh and Welcome icon_smile.gif.

Welcome!

I had a friend back in high school who had a surgery for a torn labrum. If I remember right, he never had any problems after returning from rehab. But that was for baseball, so who knows for sure what will happen for meer. Like the previous post, it depends on the person. But considering how strong Jameer is, I don't think he should have any problems and he might come back even stronger.

Thanks a mill! I hope each one of you are right. The fingers are crossed, but that is true; I think Jameer's tougher and hungrier than the other players I mentioned (though Penny was the shizz...) One thing's for sure: if we don't go all the way this year, next year with our emerged general back it's all over! The league can go ahead and rename the O'Brien trophy the O'lando trophy!