Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Your X-Factor for the ECF is...

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

I was thinkin who needs to have a big series for us to win. My answer?

The Rook. Courtney Lee.

Basketball is about matchups. Lee had a very favorable matchup in RD1 against Philly, and he showed it by being the 2nd best player in that series behind you know who.

RD2: The opponents starting SG plays a rare style of play that makes it difficult for Lee to guard him, BUT a guy who's been warming the bench for years plays the same style and steps up to guard him. Lee is put on a streaky shooter and holds him down.

RD3: Lee will once again have a favorable matchup while he is on offense. Starter Delonte West can probably match Lee's quickness step for step, but is smaller and not as strong as Lee and Lee should take advantage of this by being more physical with West. When he's being guarded by guys like Pavlovic or Szczerbiak, the answer is clear. He will blow right by those guys. I DARE Mike Brown to put one of those two on Lee.

Defensively, Lee will be a versatile wild card. He will sometimes be put on Mo Williams to perhaps stop his penetration and kick outs, or to slow the game down. He may be put on shooters like West, Pavlovic or Szczerbiak to prevent them from getting open looks. And of course, like he did in Cleveland, he will see some time guarding The King. He did a surprisingly good job this season on LeBron. He (just like everyone else) can't stop him, but he seemed to slow him down surprisingly well.

So, in your opinion, who has to step it up for us to advance to The Finals???

Rafer Alston. It all starts at the point. I believe that without Rafer stepping it up in game 7, we would not have prevailed.. By as much of a margin anyway, Alston needs to play big like its game 7 every game of this series. When Alston plays poorly the Magic seem to lose.. He's doing a great job , and he is the x-factor.

quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHEART:

i think this would be howards series.. he had hard time against bostons bigs untill he did woke up last couple games...

im thinking that clevelands bigs should be easier match than bostons. so im expecting from him to get big numbers...

also on defensive end we need solid play from pietrus and c.lee.

hedo and lewis will have good games 18-22 ppg

watch for double on hedo like philly did..

YAYY I WON THIS icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Mac Man:

J.J. all day and Hedo but J.J. won't miss alot of shot believe dat

Wow Mac Man you called it. JJ didn't miss a lot of shots.