Sign in to follow this  
fishybashi

LEE OR PIETRUS SHOULD START OVER REDDICK

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I'd still start him. He defends Ray better than anyone on the team. He may not be hitting shots, but his basketball IQ, defense (whaa??), and shooting presence alone should keep him where he is. We'd all like for him to get going, but while Ray's been missing contested shots (much thanks to JJ's defense), JJ is, for the most part, missing open shots. I think he's primed for a breakout game during game 7.

YOU'RE JUST A STUPID JJ REDICK FAN.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

Woah we need to be thanking SVG for playing the power line-up when we needed it most

Lee

Pietrus

Hedo

Rashard

Dwight

That line-up changed the game in the first half of the fourth quarter and I think is responsible for us winning that game

Agreed and Agreed. JJ is not a shooter right now. let him sit a little. He may follow ray around screens well, but im not convinced CLee cant pick up from there...

and I LOVE the power lineup.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

Redick has proven that he is not a starter and should not be playing against starters most of his minutes. Allen tends to run a lot and JJ may be spending a lot of energy running behind him.

Lee should take back his SG position and JJ should come off the bench, but I doubt SVG will make a change. Allen hasn't played good against JJ and when House comes in Lee comes in and he has done a terrific job on Eddie.

It would funny to see JJ come off the bench and see Allen score 30+ with at least 5 3's.

I disagree that Redick has proven he is not a starter. In my opinion the jury is still out. But you made some good points about why Stan is staying with Redick. I believe you nailed it in your analysis.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by the anchovie:

Its pretty bad when you have guys on this forum rutting against Redick.

People on this board want the player who gives them the best chance to win to start. How is that rooting against somebody? The fact that somebody would rather see some guy because of his reputation in college play when the guy sitting on the bench is a much better player is far more concerning.

Post of the night right here!

quote:

quote:

People on this board want the player who gives them the best chance to win to start. How is that rooting against somebody? The fact that somebody would rather see some guy because of his reputation in college play when the guy sitting on the bench is a much better player is far more concerning.

Redick has proved he can play in the playoffs. He also has proved he can struggle. I can say the same thing for about every player on the Magic. There is more to go by than college. Obviously the coach agrees or Redick wouldn't be starting. I haven't said whether Redick should start or not. I like Redick but I also understand he is struggling. I don't think Stan should totally bench him. He has done a lot of other things to help the team win.

And yes I do believe people are rutting against Redick. Its fine if you think Redick isn't good enough to play. Then stay with the facts. If you can't see that some people are rutting against Redick with all the posts on this forum, then there is no way I can convince you.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

quote:

Post of the night right here!

No sir I believe yours is because it proves my point. Thank you.

quote:

quote:

Totally agree. These Redick fans are amazing no matter what the have just seen the still lobby for him no matter what.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Redick has proved he can play in the playoffs. He also has proved he can struggle. I can say the same thing for about every player on the Magic. There is more to go by than college. Obviously the coach agrees or Redick wouldn't be starting. I haven't said whether Redick should start or not. I like Redick but I also understand he is struggling. I don't think Stan should totally bench him. He has done a lot of other things to help the team win.

And yes I do believe people are rutting against Redick. Its fine if you think Redick isn't good enough to play. Then stay with the facts. If you can't see that some people are rutting against Redick with all the posts on this forum, then there is no way I can convince you.

It's 'rooting', not rutting..

(not trying to be a D***)

((just don't want to see it again))

(((I'm drunk)))

It's strange to be criticizing Redick's offense, but we've been saying that for a while now. The kid can play some D' (very impressive, actually), but come on, it's time to move on when the player in question is missing EVERYTHING. For consecutive games. I say pull him.

I don't believe a player should lose his starting job to an injury. CLee deserves to start and should have started since the 2nd game he came back. JJ did moderately well in Lees absence but NO WHERE NEAR enough to keep the starting job.

quote:
Originally posted by 3 years left:

quote:

quote:

Totally agree. These Redick fans are amazing no matter what they have just seen the still lobby for him no matter what.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I'd still start him. He defends Ray better than anyone on the team. He may not be hitting shots, but his basketball IQ, defense (whaa??), and shooting presence alone should keep him where he is. We'd all like for him to get going, but while Ray's been missing contested shots (much thanks to JJ's defense), JJ is, for the most part, missing open shots. I think he's primed for a breakout game during game 7.

YOU'RE JUST A STUPID JJ REDICK FAN.

Shut your mouth. You were a Bogans fan.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Totally agree. These Redick fans are amazing. No matter what they have just seen the still lobby for him no matter what.