Sign in to follow this  
AcuWill

Dwight, I apologize

I still think Dwight is not mature. I am yet to see him bring his effort like tonight two games in a row. SVG had to remind him and tell him for an hour yesterday that if he really wants to win, he needs to intimidate on the boards and blocks.

Having said all that, I am sure games like these helps him mature since he realizes SVG was right!

By the way, he is still 0/2 or 0/3 from running hook shot tonight. Good thing he didn't do much of these, otherwise we would have lost for sure.

No need to apologize. Doing what he did at a crucial time in the playoffs was unacceptable. Even Jameer commented that he should have done it face to face and not in the media.

The good news is because of that SVG convinced him how to play the right way against the Celtics. Play defense, attack the boards, run the floor and you'll get the points you desire. He did that tonight and played a phenomenal game.

What impressed me about Dwight wasn't just that he played well today, but that he didn't let his pride/ego get in the way of who he is and his play. He didn't make hiself bigger than the team or his coach. (Perhaps I should ahve phrased that better in teh OP.)

Let's go get a win in Boston!!!

Dwight, great performance, but then again:

1. It's too late now. You may want to wake up when you still have a chance to win the series next year, just before handing it to the opponent.

2. You have yet to follow up that kind of performance with another one in these playoffs. You kind of sleep on the last one, idk.

3. It's not easy to forget your running hooks of doom from half court.

4. You get backed down, posted up and pushed out of the paint by Kendrick Perkins. Yet you're a superstar and he's not. What gives?

So Dwight, if you have this kind of performance again and power your team to victory in game 7, I may want to start believing more in you again.

As for the rest, loved the way you went hard to the basket tonight!

Not that you read this,

Freex