TreyTime

Is it really worth being a Magic fan?

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:
Originally posted by MrWise:

Its really not that bad to be a Magic fan. We have been a playoff team for the majority of our existence, We have never been a bottom feeder type team(other that that one 21 win season)

I mean it could be worst..think about the Clippers fans

and that 21 win season brought us D12 lol

Its hard to be a Magic fan when you're

1) Hearing all year from the media how bad, incomplete, benchless, go-to-guyless, and poorly coached your team is.

2) Having to watch sport center after a loss where the "experts" revel in their "expert" opinions on why we suck.

3) watching ur team is playing 8 against 5.

4) When your superstar calls out ur coach in the middle of a playoff series.

5) When u have to read the posts on the Magic message board after a loss.

To add to number 2, watching Sportscenter after a WIN when the 'experts' don't talk about how the Magic won, but how the other team lost and why they'll beat us next time.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MrWise:

Its really not that bad to be a Magic fan. We have been a playoff team for the majority of our existence, We have never been a bottom feeder type team(other that that one 21 win season)

I mean it could be worst..think about the Clippers fans

and that 21 win season brought us D12 lol

Its hard to be a Magic fan when you're

1) Hearing all year from the media how bad, incomplete, benchless, go-to-guyless, and poorly coached your team is.

2) Having to watch sport center after a loss where the "experts" revel in their "expert" opinions on why we suck.

3) watching ur team is playing 8 against 5.

4) When your superstar calls out ur coach in the middle of a playoff series.

5) When u have to read the posts on the Magic message board after a loss.

To add to number 2, watching Sportscenter after a WIN when the 'experts' don't talk about how the Magic won, but how the other team lost and why they'll beat us next time.

I feel u.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

i think you should be proud to be a magic fan... u could be a cowardliness front runner who jumps from team to team and just experiences a small amount of joy when his or her "team" win the championship or you could be a real fan through thick and thin and i promise you (without knowing myself) itll be much more sweeter when the magic win knowing your a true hardcore fan... not some ***** that likes a team from a town you've never been too or have no tie too.

I've never been to Orlando. I've never even set foot in Florida. The closest I've ever been to Florida is Atlanta.

But I have been a die hard Orlando Magic fan my entire life - at least as long as I've been following the NBA, which is pretty much my entire life.

It doesn't always have anything to do with ties to a particular city.

This is way better than it has been in a long time. How could you not want to be a fan. It's sports you'll have your ups and downs. I was pissed but at least were here and have a very good shoot at still beating them. We could always get rid of dwight and bring someone else in and try to get the 8th spot.

Go Magic!

Some of the posts in this thread inspired me to pull up the BEAT BOSTON banner thread from a few days back - -

We can still do this.

Believe.

Darthmagic, love the comment. I have been missing Matty and David during the 2nd Round. Reggie Miller sounds like he is ready to put a green jersey during the TNT broadcasts.

quote:
Originally posted by jrc407:

Darthmagic, love the comment. I have been missing Matty and David during the 2nd Round. Reggie Miller sounds like he is ready to put a green jersey during the TNT broadcasts.

Yeah, I miss em too. but the sad thing is its not just the commentators. I can't understand for the life of me why the media hates the magic. I just dont get it. Its not like we even get a fair shake; they completely tear us down. They keep harping on how weak Boston is without Kg and don't state how different the magic team is without Jameer. The most disrespected 59 win team in history IMO.