Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

Is Hedo Accountable to the Team? My sources say no.

quote:
Originally posted by Taklaman:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

So I will assume then that if your house collapsed due to faulty construction, killing everyone amongst your family and friends, you wouldn't be upset with the builders.

Constructing of a house and Building of a team aren't in the same league nor on the same level nor are they mutually compatible .

Performance of a house or performance of a basketball team does not really compute nor serve as an allegory in this instance .

Better example would be boating vs basketball .

After all, you've probably never built a house before, so you really have no idea what goes into it and what real home construction is like.

I have built few houses , few teams and a single boat too.

Point is valid , none of the users here are an ex-NBA players.

Therefore , it is difficult to judge the " game " from a player's perpective .

This is NBA for a reason .

Alas , you may deserve this cartoon ;

dre0761l.jpg

It was a metaphor.

You can replace "Built a house" with "written a novel" if it makes you feel better.

The point was that you don't have to do something professionally to have an opinion of the quality of someone else's work. I've never acted in a movie, but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on them.

Or to use a more active example: right now I'm watching the House season finale. They just completely jettisoned any potential anything in favor of "it was all a psychotic, drug induced dream".

I'm not a screenwriter. That doesn't mean I can't think that's retarded and lazy as hell.

quote:
Originally posted by cac67:

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

If you're going to pose an argument, at least back it up with some smarts and rational thinking. Everyone makes mistakes, and if you think the losses of the team are all Hedo's fault, you're retarted.

Lol at misspelling retarded.

quote:

Why would the Magic organization NOT call a player out? If Turk is really costing the team games, or playing "horridly" as you people say, everyone would get in his face because he's ****ing with the money, fans, and success of the organization.

The organization is not worried about it because they know they're not scheduled to win the championship this year, the Cavs are. Just like pro-wrestling, the winner is determined before the game is played.

I didn't know posters could surprise with any additional stupidity but here it is. Are you telling me that the organization is not worried about their capital and future because the NBA is rigged? I don't usually LOL, at anything, but that deserves one.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

I have been calling for this. How can this guy just do whatever he wants?

He doesn't do whatever he wants. He tries to do what SVG and his team expects him to do. It doesn't always comply with what fans expect. Do you think he is happy with himself after missing critical shots? But someone has to take them. It is amazing, that he still takes responsibility, whenever asked, despite all these critics among the fans.

quote:
The bigger question I think is anyone on this team held accountable? The question with SVG is the problem. Turk is his favorite player and I believe not only does SVG not have a problem with his shots but encourages them.

The Magic need Turk to overcome Celtics or achieve more. It's as simple as that. The sooner his shot is back again the better. So let him try where applicable. In the past he even won games despite terrible shooting nights. He also had a terrific game 3 against Boston.

quote:
This is also the reason I believe Turk will be here next year because SVG will convince Otis that he deserves whatever he wants.

So you are saying that SVG has a man crush on Turk and he will do whatever takes to make him say. Well, I don't think SVG and Otis make decisions upon the latest performance of a player like the fans do, but they can see the big picture:

- He is versatile. You can play him at the PG, if your PGs suck e.g. (You can replace "PG" with "SG", "SF", "PF, if necessary.)

- He creates match-up problems for the oppenent. I wished SVG had used this more.

- Team chemistry. He knows the players and the system and gets along with it well.

- He can create his own shot. He can make plays. This is a rarity among the Magic roster.

- Magic has no other SF on the roster (or PF if you put Shard there, but I am not sure that will work as flawless as many expect here.)

I am not saying he is the best player to play the game. But he is capable of contributing at different levels. It is gonna be a professional decision depending on the pros and contras for both parties.

quote:
How come SVG does not call out Turk? I remember him calling out Dwight for much less. I wish we had a leader on this team like KG who would get in Turks grill and make him cry.

SVG berates Turk a lot, but usually not in front of the press. The exception of this was the the series against Pistons last year e.g. Besides, whats the purpose of calling someone out? Make him feel better? Make him get better?

I tried to be as objective as I could.

quote:
Originally posted by iddelen:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

I have been calling for this. How can this guy just do whatever he wants?

He doesn't do whatever he wants. He tries to do what SVG and his team expects him to do. It doesn't always comply with what fans expect. Do you think he is happy with himself after missing critical shots? But someone has to take them. It is amazing, that he still takes responsibility, whenever asked, despite all these critics among the fans.

quote:
The bigger question I think is anyone on this team held accountable? The question with SVG is the problem. Turk is his favorite player and I believe not only does SVG not have a problem with his shots but encourages them.

The Magic need Turk to overcome Celtics or achieve more. It's as simple as that. The sooner his shot is back again the better. So let him try where applicable. In the past he even won games despite terrible shooting nights. He also had a terrific game 3 against Boston.

quote:
This is also the reason I believe Turk will be here next year because SVG will convince Otis that he deserves whatever he wants.

So you are saying that SVG has a man crush on Turk and he will do whatever takes to make him say. Well, I don't think SVG and Otis make decisions upon the latest performance of a player like the fans do, but they can see the big picture:

- He is versatile. You can play him at the PG, if your PGs suck e.g. (You can replace "PG" with "SG", "SF", "PF, if necessary.)

- He creates match-up problems for the oppenent. I wished SVG had used this more.

- Team chemistry. He knows the players and the system and gets along with it well.

- He can create his own shot. He can make plays. This is a rarity among the Magic roster.

- Magic has no other SF on the roster (or PF if you put Shard there, but I am not sure that will work as flawless as many expect here.)

I am not saying he is the best player to play the game. But he is capable of contributing at different levels. It is gonna be a professional decision depending on the pros and contras for both parties.

quote:
How come SVG does not call out Turk? I remember him calling out Dwight for much less. I wish we had a leader on this team like KG who would get in Turks grill and make him cry.

SVG berates Turk a lot, but usually not in front of the press. The exception of this was the the series against Pistons last year e.g. Besides, whats the purpose of calling someone out? Make him feel better? Make him get better?

I tried to be as objective as I could.

No doubt that Turk takes on a high degree of responsibility for our team. He's asked to do a lot - and he does a lot - and overall he does a lot of it pretty effectively for a 6'10" forward. We definitely need him to step up, though, if we want to win this series against Boston. He's playing decidedly worse for the second straight postseason...

I mean, give the guy responsibility... but then hold him accountable for the responsibility. Who doesn't believe that CLee or Alston or Dwight or Rashard or etc, etc doesn't want to take shots at the end of a game? I mean, hasn't Dwight already complained a zillion times about not getting the ball late in games / the 4th quarter? If Hedo isn't producing, we need to give other players more opportunities to produce and, hence, gain additional responsibility.

We need to be a little more reactionary to what's happening on the court. And what's happening is Hedo's dribbling the ball off his foot, yelling as he gets touched to draw fouls on wild shots, taking step-back 3's in a 1 point game with like 90 seconds left, generally making bad plays right now. The reaction should be to hand off some responsibility to new players. SVG's done some of that by getting Rashard more involved, but he can do a lot more.

My biggest gripe is Hedo's nonchalant act after making bad plays - shaking his head, pointing at his teammates, shrugging his shoulders, smirking, etc - he needs to get serious, immediately forget about his bad play, quit pointing fingers, and refocus IMMEDIATELY on the next play at hand.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

I think as spectators we think we know so much and how to play the game right, mean while almost everyone here has never even had a chance to play pro ball and have no idea what real official organized ball is like.

So I will assume then that if your house collapsed due to faulty construction, killing everyone amongst your family and friends, you wouldn't be upset with the builders.

After all, you've probably never built a house before, so you really have no idea what goes into it and what real home construction is like.

I wasnt gonna bring this up but, you are incredible. Not in a good sense though.

That big fat dude made a last second shot right???? Who was supposed to be there?

Our Chris bosch look a like, former SF made up PF Rashard. Am I not right? If he d been two feet closer to him, that fat dude couldnt have even seen the rim let along sinking that shot. He almost fell down after he hit that uncontested shot.

Some games are won by the last second shots and some are lost by them. If you dont contest the last second shot, in your words I call that idiotic. So your house of cards are DOWN DOM.

I've noted that Hedo gets stripped off the ball too much also. It's like an Euro syndrome hehe. Dirk has the same problem.

Seems like people know how to know knock the ball off Hedo's hands without fouling because of the position he places the ball while driving to the basket. That needs serious adjustments, his drives, when effective, help the team a lot.