Sign in to follow this  
ucfknights22

Alston b**** slap

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

TNT showed a perfect replay on Inside The NBA, and Eddie House threw an elbow at Rafer's ribs on the way back down the floor. Now the replay is so far away, and so far to the right edge of the screen that it's hard to see whether he connected or not, but still. I don't believe Skip should get any punishment that House doesn't get, and if he does, the Magic should try to appeal it.

What's more important? Whether the impact or target is below or above the shoulders, or the nature of the attack, the nature of the altercation?

Personally, I think both guys should be fined, and that should be the end of it. Neither Skip nor House were as bad as Kenyon Martin's body check on Dirk Nowitski.

The media is on their "he should and will be suspended" crusade again, so Rafer is gone for game three. And of course, which should come to no suprise, there's no chance Kobe Bryant will be suspended, because he's Kobe and He plays for L.A..

If I ran this league, Alston, Fisher, and Bryant would all get a pass. The pussification of the league needs to end.

exactly, i don't really care if they're allowed to box each other during games as long as there is not different punishment for different players.

At least it's a good thing the Kobe incident happen, at least the NBA is gonna have to think hard what to do and make themselves look good. It's not gonna be easy to suspend one and not the other.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

TNT showed a perfect replay on Inside The NBA, and Eddie House threw an elbow at Rafer's ribs on the way back down the floor. Now the replay is so far away, and so far to the right edge of the screen that it's hard to see whether he connected or not, but still. I don't believe Skip should get any punishment that House doesn't get, and if he does, the Magic should try to appeal it.

What's more important? Whether the impact or target is below or above the shoulders, or the nature of the attack, the nature of the altercation?

Personally, I think both guys should be fined, and that should be the end of it. Neither Skip nor House were as bad as Kenyon Martin's body check on Dirk Nowitski.

The media is on their "he should and will be suspended" crusade again, so Rafer is gone for game three. And of course, which should come to no suprise, there's no chance Kobe Bryant will be suspended, because he's Kobe and He plays for L.A..

If I ran this league, Alston, Fisher, and Bryant would all get a pass. The pussification of the league needs to end.

exactly, i don't really care if they're allowed to box each other during games as long as there is not different punishment for different players.

I disagree, if I want fights I watch MMA or WWE. I want to watch basketball.

I totally dislike dirty play and cheap shots with no calls when I'm playing.

Dwight an Rafer attacked other players out of play, but what Kobe did can hurt somebody. You don't throw elbows at somebody's throat like that. But since he's Kobe and Ron is Ron, he's favored.

I do agree with Kobe being suspended. I hope Kobe gets suspended and the Lakers are sent fishing. I will probably use the fishing picture as PC backgorund. Kobe reminded me last night why I'm anti-Kobe.

The only hope I see for Skip is that he didn't play the rest of the game. Maybe the Magic management are trying to fight it saying that the refs didn't throw him out when they should have; so we took him out on our own. It might count for something and was a smart move considering the game was out of reach anyways.

quote:
J (LA, CA): How about the slap heard round the world. What in the world was Skip thinking?

John Hollinger: (3:23 PM ET ) It's so funny because he's so calm and collected when you talk to him in the locker room ... but he loses his head sometimes. BTW, he and Rondo have a history too -- for instance, they get double techs in the first minute of the Boston-Houston game last year. As far as a suspension, that's a pretty weak play to get suspended over, but I'm not sure what the league's alternative is.

Uhhh, not suspending him?

I think I just watched this video about five times in a row and lol'ed every time. Just look at House's headband - hilarious!