Sign in to follow this  
rc0101

Chris Sheridan on tonights win (read if you dare)

So what about the knee Rondo put into Alstons to pry the ball loose? What about Rondo tackling Rafaer to get the ball back, what about Pierce falling into Hedo to get a foul called? What about Dwight getting murdered and the refs calling it defense? You cant look one way and ignore the other.

this is what you call.... ESPN CLASSIC!

Coach Ron Jeremy said it best....

quote:
The end of the game probably puts you at a point where you're not ecstatic, and they ended the game on a tremendous run, but we got the win. It's still a much better night for us -- you guys can write it however you want -- but it's still a much better night for us than for them. You guys get into the fact of the whole great comeback, but what about the fact we were up 28? You know, you play these games to win, and that's it. We won.

Let's see...

1. Like Sky said, 'B' and 'C' are false.

2. 'A' isn't relevant on a no call, which that was.

3. Ray Allen got to shoot free throws for going Rondo on Peaches, I think the refs treated the Celtics just fine.

Anyone else notice that the first half was called right down the middle, and then the second half was all Boston calls? You think Stern might have made a call at halftime yelling, "Do your job!"

quote:
Originally posted by bisayang dako:

ok... ok... lets settle down here. i love how our team won one in boston... but one win doesnt win a series... we need 3 more...

Oh, really? I didn't know that. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFan4Life912:

quote:

ok... ok... lets settle down here. i love how our team won one in boston... but one win doesnt win a series... we need 3 more...

Oh, really? I didn't know that. Thanks.

i applaud your inherent sense of agreeing with the obvious. i got more of that.

anyways, we can get all hyped about one win. but the MAGIC showed that they can be vulnerable much like how the performed in the second half or the last 16 minutes.

3 more wins against the boston to shut up the naysayers. thats what i am getting at. maybe your keen sense of the obvious wasnt sharp enough to detect that.

quote:
On the no call against Pierce in the 4th.

"What he did was foul Pierce, although the refs swallowed their whistles and ignored the facts that Howard was (a) inside the no-charge semicircle, (B) still moving and © fouled Pierce as he attempted his shot."

Click me

quote:

bisayang dako in :

chris sheridan of ESPN wrote that dwight fouled pierce on his drive with 19 secs left. did you see the play? whats your opinion? seems that the boston homer sheridan is complaining to the refs in behalf of the celtics

Mike Moreau:

I saw the play, Dwight moved in, stood his ground for the most part, bumped him a little - I thought it was a good call. It would have been a homer, bail out, give it to the star call that the league doesn't need or want. That wasn't an NBA - last minute of the game foul. Those are the ones Pierce would call in the two-on-two game with Hedo and Lewis and ruin the game.

NBA CHAT WITH COACH MIKE MOREAU

quote:

That wasn't an NBA - last minute of the game foul. Those are the ones Pierce would call in the two-on-two game with Hedo and Lewis and ruin the game.

The first sentence is absolutely correct. Probably a foul in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Definitely not in the last 30 seconds of a game.

The second sentence is hilarious.

quote:
Originally posted by Too Nice:

I have no symapthy for Paul Pierce because every game, multiple times at that, he flops, falls on the grounds, and pretends he is injured. His entire offense is predicated around it.

+1...aside from the s in grounds.

Another thing. Absolutely no call on either end was worse than Ray Allen SHOVING Pietrus to the ground and then the foul being called on Pietrus. That was about as bad as in the regular season when Andre Miller forearm-shivered Courtney Lee into the 2nd row with no foul being called, out of bounds, Philly ball.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Another thing. Absolutely no call on either end was worse than Ray Allen SHOVING Pietrus to the ground and then the foul being called on Pietrus. That was about as bad as in the regular season when Andre Miller forearm-shivered Courtney Lee into the 2nd row with no foul being called, out of bounds, Philly ball.

Yeah I agree Sky, That was such a bad call. The officiating for the start of the game was fair, there were calls on both ends. Then once the second half started it was all about calls going Bostons way.