Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Magic Strive for Greatness Against Celtics

quote:
"I really do want to play Boston," Lewis said before knowing the outcome of the Celtics' Game 7 matchup with the Bulls. "There's something about playing the Boston Celtics."

Now it's time to back up those words.

Last year, it was the same against the Pistons, but we failed. I've more confidence this year, but it's not an easy task at all.

Celtics first round was already tougher than a normal one, they're ready for battle more than us. We have to step up on our energy level from the very 1st minute.

BTW, thanks Dan.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
"I really do want to play Boston," Lewis said before knowing the outcome of the Celtics' Game 7 matchup with the Bulls. "There's something about playing the Boston Celtics."

Now it's time to back up those words.

Last year, it was the same against the Pistons, but we failed. I've more confidence this year, but it's not an easy task at all.

Celtics first round was already tougher than a normal one, they're ready for battle more than us. We have to step up on our energy level from the very 1st minute.

BTW, thanks Dan.

Completely agree with you, We have to comeout with a consistant effort from the opening tip. We have to get great ball movement going, go inside to Howard as much as possible and kick it out for threes. Also, we have to force them to contested shots, they cannot just go right to the basket and cause foul trouble for Howard.

Magic---sig.png