Sign in to follow this  
duelingdragons

You know.. Pietrus doesn't deserve playing time in the playoffs.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about his injuries as an excuse. This guy has been ABYSMAL over the past two months. He seriously can't make a shot, 2/11 from the field tonight, 1/6 from three. Orlando was -21 with him on the court.

He brings nothing to the team. No offense, and nothing on defense that Redick or Lee can't bring.

Would anyone else agree with me? He has no energy, and you can see that he has an attitude of "I'm having a bad year" every time he misses a shot or commits a turnover.

That's not the right attitude to have going into the post-season.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about his injuries as an excuse. This guy has been ABYSMAL over the past two months. He seriously can't make a shot, 2/11 from the field tonight, 1/6 from three. Orlando was -21 with him on the court.

He brings nothing to the team. No offense, and nothing on defense that Redick or Lee can't bring.

Would anyone else agree with me? He has no energy, and you can see that he has an attitude of "I'm having a bad year" every time he misses a shot or commits a turnover.

quote:
Originally posted by duelingdragons:

I said this before he was brought here and am sorry to have what I said confirmed.

Pietrus is going to be a big time contributor in the playoffs. You're saying he brings nothing on defense that Reddick doesn't bring, I would rather bring in Pietrus to defend a scorer than Reddick at any time.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

Pietrus is going to be a big time contributor in the playoffs. You're saying he brings nothing on defense that Reddick doesn't bring, I would rather bring in Pietrus to defend a scorer than Reddick at any time.

+1

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

+1

+7,000

it's all good until he fouls LBJ/Allen/Pierce 3 times in a row down the stretch or steps out of bounds while taking an ill advised 3 when the Magic are down 1 with 20 seconds remaining on the shot clock...lets start those playoffs...

quote:

Dude you freak out every time we lose or someone does something bad. You signed up Febuary 19 and have had over 400 posts so your not a troll (maybe band wagoner) just chill out and relax.

quote:

Agreed. Pietrus has been a mess offensively since his last injury, but he's a way better defender than Redick. He's got more size and athletic ability to play better SF/SGs than JJ does.

quote:
Originally posted by onedollerbills:

quote:

Dude you freak out every time we lose or someone does something bad. You signed up Febuary 19 and have had over 400 posts so your not a troll (maybe band wagoner) just chill out and relax.

I do have the tendency to over-react, but you can't tell me MP has played well at all over the past few months.

Don't get me wrong, I like him. I think he's a good guy, and you can tell he cares about the fans, but still...

Pietrus' offense has been disappointing, but he seems to be a player that catches fire if the rest of the team is hot. Now, you might say, what player doesn't? And you may have a point. And you also might say, what good is he off the bench as a spark if he needs confidence? And you'd definitely have a point.

But I'm just saying that I've noticed that he seems to be a pretty decent shooter if we're hitting our shots as a team. One of those players that reacts to the game and not to his own ability. Maybe I'm wrong.. ;-)

And I also agree that he'll come in handy in the playoffs defensively.

I actually mostly watched Chicago-Detroit tonight anyway. I couldn't resist.

Prediction:

Pietrus will posterize one of the following in the playoffs:

A) Samuel Dalembert

B) Brad Miller

C) Kendrick Perkins

D) Ben Wallace

Oh yeah...and he'll play well. He'll be fine. Once we get the whole team back, and playing like we do, he'll find his niche right back into this team. He knows his role and he'll fill it. The defensive duo of Lee and Pietrus will serve us well vs. Pierce and Allen in round two.