Sign in to follow this  
Nessloch

1st Round Opponent - 2 possibilities - 1 day

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

sixers have looked good so far. better than the last time i saw them play a few days ago.

Yeah, up 8 at half. Looks like Thaddeus Young is back and playing well.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

I wonder if the Celtics will try to beat the Sixers, simply because they'd rather face the Sixers in the 1st round, rather than the Bulls?

Let's see...Paul Pierce drops 31 while playing 31 minutes. Perkins plays 32 minutes and Rondo plays 27. You woulda thought this squad woulda taken it easy.

But as I said earlier, I truly think they were trying to dictate who they play. Quite frankly, I think Philly will be, by far, the worst team in the playoffs this postseason.

quote:

Seeds 6-7:

6. Chicago 41-40

7. Philadelphia 40-41

Chicago Bulls 41-40 (24-27 conference) (2-2 vs. PHI)

4/9 Philadelphia (W)

4/11 Charlotte (W)

4/13 @ Detroit (W)

4/15 Toronto

Philadelphia 76ers 40-41 (24-27 conference) (2-2 vs. CHI) (2-1 vs. DET)

4/9 @ Chicago (L)

4/10 Cleveland (L)

4/12 @ Toronto (L)

4/14 Boston (L)

4/15 @ Cleveland

I guess this is the right thread to put this in...it's from John Hollinger:

quote:

To tank or not to tank ... that is the question. I mentioned in my PER Diem today that the Lakers could probably give themselves a better first-round matchup by playing their scrubs against Utah on Tuesday night ... but the other teams that have a chance to do so are Boston and Philadelphia, who meet Tuesday in one of just three games on the schedule.

Here's where it gets interesting: Boston would much rather face Philadelphia than streaking Chicago in the first round, but the Sixers would probably rather face the defending champs and a hobbled Kevin Garnett than Orlando.

In other words, both Boston and Philadelphia have a strong motivation to see Boston win, helping to lock in the matchup that each team prefers (the teams would still need either a Philadelphia loss or a Chicago win on Wednesday).

And if the Celtics lose, then we have another chance for tanking tomorrow, when the Bulls can assure themselves of a more desirable matchup against Boston (but a lower seed) by punting their final game against Toronto.

Dang!...Who wooda thought that teams would be tankin' games in order to meet/play the Celtics in the 1st round...?

Maybe we do have a chance to get to the ECF.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba...ERDiemInsider-090414