Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
The rosters for the 2009 Portsmouth Invitational Tournament (official site) were released today, and it appears that we

quote:

quote:
he's a homer. drafting JT would be like drafting josh peppers a few years ago.

You're kidding, right? CUSA player of the year. Broke UCF's all time scoring record. Averaged over 25 ppg. AP All American Honorable Mention. Peppers was good, but JT is on a whole different level.

Yeah, i just thought i'd name drop a ucf player from a few years ago. There's a chance he can be an all right player, it just seems like there've been so many great scorers that come out of mid-level teams that fail in the NBA. You can name several out of every draft class.

See: Jaycee Carroll, Reggie Williams, Nick Fazekas, Maurice Ager,etc...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
The rosters for the 2009 Portsmouth Invitational Tournament (official site) were released today, and it appears that we

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're kidding, right? CUSA player of the year. Broke UCF's all time scoring record. Averaged over 25 ppg. AP All American Honorable Mention. Peppers was good, but JT is on a whole different level.

Yeah, i just thought i'd name drop a ucf player from a few years ago. There's a chance he can be an all right player, it just seems like there've been so many great scorers that come out of mid-level teams that fail in the NBA. You can name several out of every draft class.

Didn't Mo Ager go to Michigan State?? I would hardly call them a mid-major.

Also I am surprised that Douglas is skipping this. Maybe he thinks he will do better in individual workouts or become a SLHOF like JJ.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Didn't Mo Ager go to Michigan State?? I would hardly call them a mid-major.

Also I am surprised that Douglas is skipping this. Maybe he thinks he will do better in individual workouts or become a SLHOF like JJ.

shhhh. i was trying to make a point

quote:

Bad advice, inflated perception of his value, or both. What seperates similiarly talented inviduals? Work ethic & competitiveness.

These players think they are hiding weaknesses & not hurting themselves by refusing to take a risk. But, they are answering questions about them in bold letters if you ask me and any scout I've ever spoken to.

Even dumber for a player like Douglas who's game is tailor made for these glorified pick up games.