Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

Cleveland Cavaliers

This is ridiculous.

The Cavs are built for the playoffs, whether we Magic fans like it or not. Do we match up well with them? Yes. Could we beat them in a 7 game series? Probably not without HCA.

Can the Cavs beat the Lakers in the Finals? Yes, and regular season record has no bearing on a 7 game playoff series.

Mo Williams is a perfect compliment to Lebron, even if he is a cry baby. His numbers are better than what anyone besides 23 was putting up when the Cavs lost to the Spurs 2 years ago.

I personally think this is the Cavs year. Best player in the game + Nasty Defense wins in the postseason.

That all being said, I think the Magic have a chance to beat the Cavs in a series. We would have to shoot around 45% from the arc for 4 games and Dwight would have to shoot around 72% from the stripe as well. Not to mention Lebron going cold and settling for jumpers for 44 minutes a game.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

The Cavs are built for the playoffs, whether we Magic fans like it or not. Do we match up well with them? Yes. Could we beat them in a 7 game series? Probably not without HCA.

Can the Cavs beat the Lakers in the Finals? Yes, and regular season record has no bearing on a 7 game playoff series.

The Cavs are having a great year, and I'm guessing they'll make it to the finals, but do they stand a chance against the Lakers if that's who they face? Freak no.

You don't even have to base it on regular season records. The Lakers haven't even really had Bynum all year and they still have the second best record in the NBA. Bynum + Pao with Odom backing up >>>> Ilguaskas + Varejao with Smith or Wallace or whoever. Fisher + Farmar is not much less than Williams or West. Don't underestimate Fisher in the playoffs. Kobe >>> Lebron. Lebron will be MVP, but Kobe is still a better scorer. In terms of taking over a game, Kobe and Wade are far better than Lebron, especially if it's in the finals. (Not dissing on LBJ or anything, I know what he did against the Pistons in 2007, but I still think Kobe is the best player on the planet. Karl Malone got MVPs only to lose to Jordan in the finals. It's just the way it is.)

Bottom line, the Lakers got there last year and got embarrassed. Kobe is too great a competitor to go another summer as the victim of a terrible, but hilarious Shaq rap. Lebron has better numbers all around, but Kobe hasn't had to put up MVP numbers for his team to win because he definitely has the better supporting cast.

I think it'd be an epic matchup of Kobe vs. Lebron, which I'll enjoy watching. But Kobe will come out on top like he has in the past.

I was in attendance at Staples Center when Kobe dropped 65 on Portland because he had to, and with the rest of the arena, I chanted MVP. I know it's shameful, but his performance was moving no matter how much you hate him. No way he lets another championship slip through the cracks.

I still think Cleveland matches up well with LA, and having home court advantage means a lot in the Finals.

Pierce went off on Kobe and Co. last year, why wouldn't Lebron be able to? Not to mention Cleveland is playing better D this year.

quote:
Originally posted by markketch:

Gosh, you suck at this today.

Again, you're talking down the Cavs yet the Magic haven't done squat either.

I know something the Magic have done that the Cavaliers have never done and will never be able to do:

Beat Michael Jordan in the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I still think Cleveland matches up well with LA, and having home court advantage means a lot in the Finals.

Pierce went off on Kobe and Co. last year, why wouldn't Lebron be able to? Not to mention Cleveland is playing better D this year.

Cleveland's good, but I just finished watching the Lakers and Rockets and seeing Kobe be able to turn it on when he wants while he's defended by good guys like Battier and Artest just makes me think that he's going to be unstoppable come playoff time.

We definitely saw that Lebron can turn it on tonight when he was jacking up crap and hitting threes in the third quarter, but it was too little to late.

That said, I think that Cavs Lakers would make an excellent finals that I'd definitely watch, but I think Kobe and LA still have the upper hand. And that being said, I'd much rather see the Magic make it to the finals. I can't help but get hopeful after a game like tonight where it seemed like they effortlessly got a 41 point lead on a team that has the largest margins of victory and is one of the top team defenses.

I can't help but believe.

quote:
Originally posted by Peaceful Cavalier23:

He leads the league in charges drawn soo...uhh according to the refs he doesn't flop all that much.

lmao.. cuz EVERYONE knows the refs are..

aw forget it, its too easy.

i need a nap

quote:
Originally posted by duelingdragons:

quote:
He's just a guy who hustles. He doesn't "flop".

ROFL.. you're KIDDING me, right?

he doesn't flop just like gasol doesn't flop in this video

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme: If you're going to make a statement about your precious Delorean rides than don't assume the right to protest the statements of others based on their experiences.

Uh, what?

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:The Lakers this year are exponentially better than the Cavs of 2006-2007, so don't think for a second the Lakers are going to choke in a finals match up with a team they beat twice already this year. Epic failure of a comparison.

When faced with evidence that disproves your point, you respond with this? The Lakers of this year are better than the 2007 Cavs? Wow, thank you for posting the obvious? I'm not sure what the Lakers of this year compared to the Cavs of 2007 has to do with my statement about regular season games and post-season matchups. Now that is an epic failure of comparison.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme: Pretty sure if I was a hypocrite in this situation I would be praising the Magic based on their accomplishments while deficating on the Cavs for their lack of accomplishment when in fact both have accomplished the same thing: being swept in the finals. Did I ever praise the Magic in comparison to the Cavs? Negative. I was letting you know that time will tell you that I'm right about the Cavs not winning a title and so have some patience instead of demanding evidence. I guess I was wrong in assuming that after 40 years of suck you might've developed patience in respect to not winning a title, but I was obviously wrong.

Another rant of nothingness and pointlessness. Why are the Magic so much better suited to win a title than the Cavs? They beat LA in the regular season? Yeah - already posted how that doesn't matter.

Again you bring up the Cavs history and "patience" - yet where is your own?

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme: The Cavs have had a great season, no doubt about it, but they're not going to win the title and you can expect the legions of Lebron fans to put some blame on the refs.

Really?! Fans will complain if the Cavs don't win a title? Oh. My. God. You're so wise and insightful. We all know that Orlando Magic fan would never complain if they don't get out of the East...

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme: Didn't know it would cause a problem, but than again, every time I mention the Cavaliers, markketch takes the opportunity to get defensive.

I guess I should've known better.

You're a bit of a joke with your "Oh, I'm so innocent!" act. Every time the Cavs are mentioned you go on the offensive, then immediately back pedal and act like you've done nothing to light a flame on the discussion. Quit the act, it's getting tiresome and old.

quote:
Originally posted by markketch:

Really?! Fans will complain if the Cavs don't win a title? Oh. My. God. You're so wise and insightful. We all know that Orlando Magic fan would never complain if they don't get out of the East...

uhh, actually no. unless there's a questionable 3-second call in the last 30 seconds of a close game 7, we won't complain.

See, we'll actually blame it on the team, like we've been doing all season, and like real fans should.

We'll blame it on Dwights lack of leadership (which I'm sure won't be a problem), or Lewis/Turk not showing up (possibilities), or even SVG if he makes poor coaching decisions.

the above is the only way we won't get out of the East...

Cavs fans on the other hand.. When we beat you by 11 (quite easily might i add) the Cavs forum had nothing but 'LeBron didn't get any of the calls' bs.

We actually put blame on our team rather than the refs, unlike you LeBron lovers.