Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

JAMES Game Thread 3/17 7pm Magic @ James

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

The only thing I don't understand is why fans from other teams come to this forum and say anything at all. I mean, I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I personally have never gone to any other teams forum and posted about winning, even as seemingly innocent as the posts try to be, it's very clear their is some form of gloating underlining the post at all. Cause well you won already, what exactly are you trying to do? Make new friends, new friends that are your eastern conference rivals? Just me, but don't quite understand it, when it comes to sports, hardly anything is taken lightly. I would just avoid it altogether. Just my two cents though.

Actually if you had gone to the Cleveland forum and done the same thing after they lost you would have gotten banned that happened to two people who were visiting from the RealGM forum.

quote:
Originally posted by thaJeanniesis:

i wasnt forum active at all at that time. i was out of town..living my life. not dwelling over a loss *hint hint*

yeah mabey you should have stayed that way but then you jumped on the lebron bandwagon like everbody else do u even live in Cleveland

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

The only thing I don't understand is why fans from other teams come to this forum and say anything at all. I mean, I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I personally have never gone to any other teams forum and posted about winning, even as seemingly innocent as the posts try to be, it's very clear their is some form of gloating underlining the post at all. Cause well you won already, what exactly are you trying to do? Make new friends, new friends that are your eastern conference rivals? Just me, but don't quite understand it, when it comes to sports, hardly anything is taken lightly. I would just avoid it altogether. Just my two cents though.

thanks for the warm welcome!

i often check other teams forums to see the responses from the opposing teams fans. instead of lurking, whats wrong with posting..and obeying the forum rules at that?

quote:
Originally posted by onedollerbills:

quote:

i wasnt forum active at all at that time. i was out of town..living my life. not dwelling over a loss *hint hint*

yeah mabey you should have stayed that way but then you jumped on the lebron bandwagon like everbody else do u even live in Cleveland

i didnt jump the lebron bandwagon and i am a clevelander, born and raised. like i said, dont question my loyalty. i am a die hard cavs fan, not a fairweather one. go to sleep and get over it man. its just one loss.

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

How did I know that a cavs fan, with what appears to be a short fuse, coming on to try congratulate the Magic would turn into a flaming war? Seriously, it is just a game in the end, nobody is going to die over it, if you don't agree with someone or someone calls you something like an idiot, don't retaliate because then you are stooping to their level. Ignore posters who do that crap and move on.

I understand a little emotion after a game like that but sometimes the things I see people say about each other over the internet are ridiculous lol.

You wouldn't be referencing anything I've done lately would you? lol

Nice job Cavs. As much as everyone talks about how Stern won't let the Cavs lose and all that, I think that if Stern really were telling the refs how to call things, he would've let Orlando win this one. Remember how heated it was last year for the #1 spot out west between LA and Nawlins? I think he would've let the Magic inch closer to the Cavs so things could be tight at the end and people would talk about the underdog darkhorse for a bit.

My only beef now that I've quit blaming the refs and stuff...why the eff didn't Dwight take more shots? I think part of it is double teams, but he should be getting more than 8 shots (I think that's what I heard, too lazy to type nba.com and check it out...lol)

I just want to see Dwight in 2008 Round 1 playoffs mode, is that too much to ask?

quote:

quote:

quote:

i didnt jump the lebron bandwagon and i am a clevelander, born and raised. like i said, dont question my loyalty. i am a die hard cavs fan, not a fairweather one. go to sleep and get over it man. its just one loss.

whats up man, the fact that your missing until now is sort of suspect, obiwan is basicaly the only cavs fan that we trust, so anything you post after a win like tonight's win can only be taken with hostility. i'll take a loss that meant lebron played like a god and our cold blooded shot guy was off, it is one game, i'll be happier to play cleveland in the playoffs than boston at full strength and detroit, your third on the list, but your still on the list.

btw, i liked the whole cleveland team until i had to listen to mo williams after he didn't get selected for the all star game until someone got injured. i'm sort of glad you have him as of right now for playoff implications because he is beatable, lebron isn't, we'll have to work on him, but with a coach like stan van gundy i'm trusting that the crazy yelling and panic turns into a gameplan for another game like it always does.

i'm the most immature person on this forum, i usually say the most disgusting, sexist, dirty, and sometimes racist things after a game like this, and i'm still upset with the outcome, but i'm not as worried about the cavs as i am about other teams this time around.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

How did I know that a cavs fan, with what appears to be a short fuse, coming on to try congratulate the Magic would turn into a flaming war? Seriously, it is just a game in the end, nobody is going to die over it, if you don't agree with someone or someone calls you something like an idiot, don't retaliate because then you are stooping to their level. Ignore posters who do that crap and move on.

I understand a little emotion after a game like that but sometimes the things I see people say about each other over the internet are ridiculous lol.

You wouldn't be referencing anything I've done lately would you? lol

Nice job Cavs. As much as everyone talks about how Stern won't let the Cavs lose and all that, I think that if Stern really were telling the refs how to call things, he would've let Orlando win this one. Remember how heated it was last year for the #1 spot out west between LA and Nawlins? I think he would've let the Magic inch closer to the Cavs so things could be tight at the end and people would talk about the underdog darkhorse for a bit.

My only beef now that I've quit blaming the refs and stuff...why the eff didn't Dwight take more shots? I think part of it is double teams, but he should be getting more than 8 shots (I think that's what I heard, too lazy to type nba.com and check it out...lol)

I just want to see Dwight in 2008 Round 1 playoffs mode, is that too much to ask?

lol i know turk wasn't going to catch lebron, but you have to admit, that was a pretty sick pick the ref set during that break away, if there was an argument for the refs being involved that and the cheapie dwight picked up on the phamtom offensive foul would be two examples.

quote:

quote:

quote:

On the playground?...Is that where you spent most of your days? Oh wait, that's west Philadelphia, my bad.

So, born and raised fan, Jordan's buzzer beater over Craig Eloh, your thoughts?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

On the playground?...Is that where you spent most of your days? Oh wait, that's west Philadelphia, my bad.

So, born and raised fan, Jordan's buzzer beater over Craig Eloh, your thoughts?

i feel sorry for a browns and indians fan any day of the week, and if lebron ends up in new york, then it would be the most frustrated sports city in the history of man.

quote:

Barring ridiculous foul calls in favor of flopping (not naming any names Varawhatever) and Lebron James being Lebron James, I think Dwight gets 6 blocks at least.

Dwight's going to be intense, I just hope it's a fair game and he doesn't get in early foul trouble.

Cleveland might have a triple double machine, but we have a 20-20 machine.

40 > 30

"It's science"

Just wanted to let people know that I predicted six blocks, but I want to say that if Dwight Howard gets 6 blocks in a game, he better get rewarded with more than 8 shot attempts. He blocked 2 less shots than he took, and that just isn't right.

I think I have to call out Stan here and hope that he realized Dwight needs more shots a lot of the time. We shouldn't have squandered our lead by chucking up threes, once we had the lead we should've looked for easy, high percentage shots.

It was a road game against one of the three or four best teams in the NBA... all but one of our guys played well and hard all night... but it was all pretty much wasted.

In this game it was the best of times... and the worst of times.

Stock Up:

Courtney Lee. (This is how you shake off a struggle. 19 points on 9 of 13 shooting and 1 of 3 from Three Land. 2 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 1 turnover. He was also probably the most consistent defender on LeBron James and also.. somehow.. managed to get past Cleveland defenders at the rim. Not the easiest thing in the world to do.

But from where he was at last week, no question he's the Highest Riser. We didn't lose because of Jet Lee.)

Rafer Alston. (The short version? Rafer Alston > Mo Williams.

The long version? 23 points on 8 of 16 shooting, 3 of 7 from downtown, and 4 of 4 from the charity stripe. 4 boards, 4 assists against 3 turnovers, and 5 steals.)

Dwight Howard. (Considering his teammates couldn't get him the [self-censored]ing ball and the [self-censored]ing referees wouldn't put Dwight on the line when he was obviously fouled, D12 had a nyce game.

13 points on 5 of 8 shooting and 3 of 5 from the free throw line. 15 boards, 6 blocks, 3 assists, and 4 turnovers.)

Hedo Turkoglu. (16 points on 5 of 12 shooting, 2 of 4 from deep, and 4 of 4 from the free throw line. 6 boards, 7 assists, and 4 turnovers.

My biggest problem with Turk was he should of done much more in the beginning of the 4th quarter, and the end of the 4th quarter on the offensive end. At some point as a playmaker, it's time to call your own number. There's a such thing as over-deferring, and I felt like Hedo did some of that in the final frame of this game. I ain't mad at him, I'm just sayin'.)

Mickael Pietrus. (11 points on 4 of 6 shooting and 3 of 5 from Three Land. 4 boards, 2 assists, and a turnover. Even though he didn't record a steal, he was a major part of LeBron James getting 6 turnovers, as was C-Lee.)

Team Assists. (The hits keep coming in this category, as the Magic have their 4th straight game with 20 plus assists. However, this is the first time in that time frame that the Magic lost a game. Orlando had 23 assists.)

Kberto. (As Dirtdan said earlier tonight:

Dirtdan: "After tonight's performance by Rashard.... I officially give Berto a HUGE Stock Up, because he didn't suck more than anyone else in the Magic organization."

I couldn't of said it better myself and of course this minor Stock Up is due to the following:

Kberto: "HISTORY CHANNEL: Is Lebron James a descendant of Jesus Christ? New artifacts discovered."

He nearly ruined it all with his bright pink font color post-game, but it's all good.)

Stock In The Middle:

Free Throw Shooting. (Orlando made their free throws when they got to the line... but they didn't get to the line enough. Turrible officiating? Not enough aggressiveness? I say a mixture of both.

Orlando was 11 of 13 from the free throw line for 84.6 percent.)

Stock Down:

NBA Referees. (No, I didn't forget to bold this. Believe it or not, this is not the Stock Plummet. For something much worse than that, scroll down... and get yo' popcorn ready.

In the meantime, this is where you would read a diatribe about how horrific NBA officiating is compared to the other North American sports leagues, especially in the clutch. But I'm just all tapped out on these fools and the lack of oversight over these fools. I'm just "done" with these guys as much as I love the sport of basketball itself, I pretty much have no faith in the NBA at this point. But they suck in every imaginable way. Yeah.)

Team Rebounding. (Not exactly our effort against the Jazz. Not as bad as our last game against Detroit, but not that much better either. Cleveland outrebounded Orlando 43-40.)

Tony Battie. (2 points on 1 of 5 shooting, 3 boards, 1 steal, 1 assist, whatever. Battie sucked tonight. Hard. He didn't play strong, he didn't play hard, his defense was meaningless, he blew an easy layup that helped allow Cleveland to have a strong run at the end of the 3rd quarter...

First there was Keith Bogans. Then there was Brian Cook. Tony Battie is fast becoming my public enemy number one in a Magic uniform.

Well, in the long term. In the short term, it's someone else. Stay tuned.)

Stan Van Gundy. (I mean come on already. Not even nine minutes for Gortat. Not going small with Cleveland when they did in a game where our small guys were playing better than our bigs, on the average. Playing FOUR bench guys at the start of the fourth quarter against most of Cleveland's starters... GTFO with that nonsense, you gotta coach better than that in big games, and I don't want to hear about how it was the first half of a back-to-back either. Because if you were that concerned about guys getting tired you would of played J.J. and made it a ten-man rotation instead of nine.

Enough with the Brian Hill impersonations with your rotations already. YEAH, I SAID IT.)

Turnovers. (16. That's too much, and having 5 less shots than Cleveland added up in the end. This hurt us more when it came to the shots we didn't get up, as opposed to Cleveland scoring off those turnovers.)

Anthony Johnson. (He didn't play quite as well on either end as he has the past couple of games. 3 points on 1 of 3 shooting and 1 of 1 from the three point line. 3 assists against 2 turnovers, and a steal.)

Stock Hell:

Ding, check da microwave, the popcorn's ready.

Welcome to a new category. This is reserved for a player or category that can manage to find new lows, valleys, and depths that surprise even ME and go far beyond just a run-of-the-mill "Stock Plummet."

Rashard "Sharmin" Lewis. (6 points. 3 of 15 from the floor, and 2 of those makes were open dunks. 0 for 8 from downtown. He didn't take a SINGLE free throw in this game. 4 boards. 2 assists. 1 steal. 1 turnover. The only thing he did right in this game was not get 5 turnovers. Oh wait, he did that against the Pistons, my bad.

This is the 3rd game in the last 5 Magic outings that Sharmin hasn't even managed to score in double figures. Worse yet, Sharmin lacked passion, defensive hustle, or hustle for any loose balls.

Other than the more-than-clear screwjob by the refs in the final minute of the game, particularly on the *ahem* "foul" by C-Lee on LeBron James, Sharmin is far and away the biggest reason we lost this game. To the point where if Sharmin hadn't played, Pietrus played over 35 minutes (how long Sharmin played), and JJ played 27 minutes (how long Pietrus played) then I think the Magic win by around 8 points. Even Redick's average game on both ends beats the piss poor suckitude Sharmin "offered" the Orlando Magic tonight.

Look, guys are gonna be in slumps, and they're gonna miss shots. But a. there's no excuse in not finding SOME other way to help your team when your shot is not falling and b. there's never an excuse to play with that lack of energy.

A performance like this makes me think that Mo Williams and other naysayers were right. The Magic deserved two All Stars. Dwight, Jameer, and that's it. Didn't seem like it at the time, but 67 games into the regular season it now sure seems that way. And he was so bad out there, I also have to even wonder why SVG didn't have the guts to get him out of there. There's no way a small lineup of Dwight-Pietrus-Hedo-Lee-Alston could play any worse on either end of the floor.

Seriously. Forget the nightmare shooting, Sharmin should be ashamed of himself for that lack of intensity. Like I said in the chat room, it's tough to win when you have 48 straight minutes of suckitude from your PF position between Sharmin and Battie tonight, and SVG never adjusted to that glaring reality on the floor.

[/rant])

That's all. Your Orlando Magic fall to 49-18 and fall to 5 games back of the Top of the East. Even if they beat Cleveland again in their third meeting back in Orlando, it's gonna be tough now to catch the #1 seed. However, that's all the bad news. The good news is yes, the Boston Celtics lost AGAIN. So Orlando still remains just a half game back of Boston overall and tied in the Loss column at 18 defeats apiece. Since Boston lost to Chicago (an Eastern Conference team) the Magic didn't even lose ground to Boston in the 2nd tiebreaker, which is Conference Record. ATL won their 6th straight game, so they get up to 9.5 games back in the Southeast Division.

Meanwhile, while we wonder about our first round opponent Philly is in a mega tight game with the Lakers, while Detroit lost to Dallas. Detroit is now stuck in 7th place and down a full game to Philly for 6th, pending Philly's ongoing game. Don't look now, but Detroit is only 3.5 games up of 9th place Milwaukee when it comes to making the playoffs at ALL.

So until tomorrow night when we have to contend with some familiar, good ol' fashioned, hard-nosed defense....

Good night and good luck.