Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Things I think that a Orlando sportswriter should bring to the table...

It's unfortunate that someone with a press pass and access to players and coaches always has to resort to nothing more than "Forum BS" By "Forum BS" I mean the same crap that is posted on here about JJ needs more playing time, Jameer shoots too much, the latest, Dwight needs to run his mouth to Shaq bla bla bla. Do some actual reporting on something relevant and bring something to the table that any joe shmoe with a laptop can't come up with on his own and put on the internet. I read this terrible article and it's a joke. Then I read the Yahoo article about the same topic and it brings some insite, some behind the scenes info. and regardless of how you feel about the situation it gives you relevant info. Common dude gives us something more than this cheesey articles that are meant to strike a nerve, we get enough of that on the forum. GIVE US SOMETHING INTERESTING AND RELEVANT

It's unfortunate that someone with a press pass and access to players and coaches always has to resort to nothing more than "Forum BS" By "Forum BS" I mean the same crap that is posted on here about JJ needs more playing time, Jameer shoots too much, the latest, Dwight needs to run his mouth to Shaq bla bla bla. Do some actual reporting on something relevant and bring something to the table that any joe shmoe with a laptop can't come up with on his own and put on the internet. I read this terrible article and it's a joke. Then I read the Yahoo article about the same topic and it brings some insite, some behind the scenes info. and regardless of how you feel about the situation it gives you relevant info. Common dude gives us something more than this cheesey articles that are meant to strike a nerve, we get enough of that on the forum. GIVE US SOMETHING INTERESTING AND RELEVANT

I have seen great posts by people in this forum and they don't have the access that magic reporters have. The one true reporter goes by the name of John Denton, but he's kinda lost as of late!

Maybe Around the Horn is trying to get him so that they can have a real reporter on there.

Oops! I forgot that will never happen.

i am also less than enamored with a lot of the local sports writers...however, its important to remember that they need to put bread on their table at home just like us, and i am sure they are doing the best they can...sigh...

Well there's a reason they're local reporters, and not national, widely read guys. Unfortunately they seem to think the way to the promised land is through being outrageous and getting reactions. It's the easy way to get eyeballs, just like any troll on message boards.

Part of the reason papers are going out of business is precisely because they can't provide anything that most blogs/message boards/websites, etc can provide. Mostly because of the simple fact that there pretty much is no information that isn't already covered in depth on the web.