Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Cleveland Was "Given" a Win Last Night

quote:
Originally posted by markketch:

Sorry, but he didn't flop on that play. We're talking about one specific play, where it was very clear that he was fouled.

Does he flop at times? Of course he does. Heck, lots of players do. Again, you're putting words in my mouth.

Farewell Mark,

It was good while it lasted.

250px-SavedbytheBell3.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Originally posted by The Architect:

All I really have to say about this is that Atlanta gave the Cavs the win. They had lots of opportunities to put the game away and failed. I agree with the fact that it looked like the refs gave LeBron the call with 1.6 left... but he's LeBron. Stars in the league get Star treatment, that's how it's all been, and that's how it always will be. The fairness of that is a topic for another day. Also, what was Joe Johnson doing practically taking a 3 to win the game? 1.6 from half is plenty of time. He had room even when he caught the ball, he couldn've taken a step forward or tried to draw some contact to go to the line as well. The league isn't afraid to make that call against LeBron, they did it too him with no time left against the Pacers and Danny Granger when the Pacers beat the Cavs about a month ago.

Either way you look at it and complain though,the Cavs won and there's no taking the W back. I'm pretty sure your Magic have won some pretty questionable games before.

the bolded is where i stopped reading. Just because his name is Lebron doesn't mean he should get a foul if someone looks at him wrong. The NBA cannot be officiated fairly because of superstars such as yours truly.

I never said it was fair or that I agree with it... that's just how the league is. It's not just LeBron though, it's every superstar in the league. I've seen fouls against Dwight Howard that shouldn't have been called... I've also seen ones that should have been. It's just the way of the league. You really just take it as part of the game, or it upsets you so much that you stop watching all together I guess. The NBA.

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

quote:
Obawan is going to get ticked off when he reads this...

lol

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

quote:

On one of Joe's drive the Hawks ended up getting a HUGE three out of the play - that worked out to their advantage because it put them at least +1 on that possession (he could have missed FTs, split, made both). I don't know what the other drive you're referring to is though - I recall one where the offensive player lost control and went tumbling through two or three Cavs for an offensive foul.

The Hawks flat out let the Cavs back into the game - they doubled & tripled LeBron and left Andy Varejao & Mo Williams wide open for big shots.

On the last play, 1.6 seconds is enough time to get the ball into the paint for a jumper, not a fade away from the corner. That's bad play calling. Flip Murray also got a similar call that LeBron got at the end to end the 3rd quarter. He initiated contact and got the and-1 (though he missed, but still gave ATL the lead). Atlanta should have gone back to this type of play.

Also good to see the Hawks score keepers screw up again and assign an extra foul to Delonte West, putting him on the bench when he would have been guarding Joe.

Yeah the Hawks lucked out on that 3 after a no-call, but there was still another time after that when Johnson went to the basket and got hit by like 3 Cleveland Lebrons.

It shouldn't have been a tie with the clock winding down, Hawks should've had a lead when Lebron drove, not saying they would've won or anything, but they should've had the lead and if the Hawks let the Cavs back in, the refs had something to do with it. I like how Varajeo flopped as usual and ended up hitting heads with Queen James, and then Lebron went to the line; I'm sure Atlanta got a similar call...

Obviously you're a Cavs fan who signed up to defend your team, but don't try and defend Lebron or how the refs wipe his butt after he goes poo poo because there's absolutely no evidence to support your case.

Actually, there really is no evidence to support your case. The Hawks were given 7 more FT attempts than the cavs and assessed 2 less fouls. Gripe all you want about the officials, but the stats say ATL actually got more calls.

Not to mention, that is the 3rd time in the past 2 years the ATL scorers table has screwed up. They did it last year against the Heat with the replayed game and against TJ Ford, when they started the clock too early and took away his game-winner. That completely screwed up the cavs rotation because Mike Brown thought Delonte had 4 fouls, when he only had 3. What would have happened if he stayed in? IDK, I do know though that he had the highest +/- of the game at +11. I am not usually one to complain about officials, but to be fair, Cleveland got screwed overall more than ATL last night.

very nice points Obawan icon_smile.gif

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

so let me get this straight...the ORLANDO fan is the one that is bias in his analysis of the CLEVELAND vs ATLANTA game. Yeah, that's genius logic there. I'm sure the CLEVELAND fan in the debate would have no bias at all. lol

so, were you a cav fan say...7 years ago? just curious.

Um, yes. It's pretty obvious the guy doesn't like the Cavs at all, so why wouldn't his opinion be biased? Every Orlando fan as a legitimate reason NOT to like the Cavs - the Magic are chasing the Cavs in the standings, are they not?

I don't like the Jazz or Celtics, so my opinion is always biased with respect to these teams. If you don't see how that works, then I'm sorry.

If you'd read my entire post, I admit to being biased. Every fan is biased, I at least admit it.

And yes, I've been a Cavs fan for a long, long time. I have a Mark Price jersey in my closet. Thanks for checking.

Mark,

You've made this whole thing very confusing, and I don't know how I became a biased hypocrite in this whole debacle. Go back to my original post, all I was saying is that the Cavs got a little pampering in the final minutes that the Hawks didn't get. You then started to get very defensive about your Cavs and that's where things got out of hand, you came into another man's house and didn't even wipe your feet. I never said I hated the Cavs, I was just expressing my hate towards YOU and I used the Cavs to aid my cause.

There's two things that you need to admit and it's pissing me off that you won't.

First, Varajeo is as big a flopper as anyone in basketball. This is important because the ONLY reason there was contact with his and Lebron's heads is because Varejao was trying to dodge bullets like Neo from the Matrix. Without his flop, there's no contact and James doesn't go to the line, just admit it because you're lying to yourself if you don't.

Second, Lebron James gets special pampering from the refs. James is an amazing player, and so is Wade, and so is Kobe, but the refs like to change their diapers. Just admit that, because you're once again lying to yourself if you don't.

So here's my point again since you lost it in the breaking up of all my sentences:

Atlanta should've had the lead with time winding down. Should they or would they have won? Who knows. The Cavs had some obvious bs go their way regardless of what kind of defense or offense the Hawks played.

Do I hate the Cavs? No. Do I hate you? Almost, but I'm a religious man. Did the Cavs get some ref favor in the final minutes? Of course. And if you don't think so than you're a "can't hack it, panty waist, who wears his mama's bra". Enough said, quit being a troll.

002k063d

Come get a taste Cleveland, but I've got a feeling you don't want to mess with us.

Uh stan...it sure seems like your the aggressor in this situation. You keep attacking and he is defending his points. How can you almost hate him? he is defending his points...The only person who had ANY statistical proof is Obawan...needless to say he was correct...

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

Not to mention, that is the 3rd time in the past 2 years the ATL scorers table has screwed up. They did it last year against the Heat with the replayed game and against TJ Ford, when they started the clock too early and took away his game-winner. That completely screwed up the cavs rotation because Mike Brown thought Delonte had 4 fouls, when he only had 3. What would have happened if he stayed in? IDK, I do know though that he had the highest +/- of the game at +11. I am not usually one to complain about officials, but to be fair, Cleveland got screwed overall more than ATL last night.

At least a clock error didn't cost you a playoff game and possibly a playoff series...just saying. haha

quote:
Originally posted by Peaceful Cavalier23:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

so let me get this straight...the ORLANDO fan is the one that is bias in his analysis of the CLEVELAND vs ATLANTA game. Yeah, that's genius logic there. I'm sure the CLEVELAND fan in the debate would have no bias at all. lol

so, were you a cav fan say...7 years ago? just curious.

Um, yes. It's pretty obvious the guy doesn't like the Cavs at all, so why wouldn't his opinion be biased? Every Orlando fan as a legitimate reason NOT to like the Cavs - the Magic are chasing the Cavs in the standings, are they not?

I don't like the Jazz or Celtics, so my opinion is always biased with respect to these teams. If you don't see how that works, then I'm sorry.

If you'd read my entire post, I admit to being biased. Every fan is biased, I at least admit it.

And yes, I've been a Cavs fan for a long, long time. I have a Mark Price jersey in my closet. Thanks for checking.

Mark,

You've made this whole thing very confusing, and I don't know how I became a biased hypocrite in this whole debacle. Go back to my original post, all I was saying is that the Cavs got a little pampering in the final minutes that the Hawks didn't get. You then started to get very defensive about your Cavs and that's where things got out of hand, you came into another man's house and didn't even wipe your feet. I never said I hated the Cavs, I was just expressing my hate towards YOU and I used the Cavs to aid my cause.

There's two things that you need to admit and it's pissing me off that you won't.

First, Varajeo is as big a flopper as anyone in basketball. This is important because the ONLY reason there was contact with his and Lebron's heads is because Varejao was trying to dodge bullets like Neo from the Matrix. Without his flop, there's no contact and James doesn't go to the line, just admit it because you're lying to yourself if you don't.

Second, Lebron James gets special pampering from the refs. James is an amazing player, and so is Wade, and so is Kobe, but the refs like to change their diapers. Just admit that, because you're once again lying to yourself if you don't.

So here's my point again since you lost it in the breaking up of all my sentences:

Atlanta should've had the lead with time winding down. Should they or would they have won? Who knows. The Cavs had some obvious bs go their way regardless of what kind of defense or offense the Hawks played.

Do I hate the Cavs? No. Do I hate you? Almost, but I'm a religious man. Did the Cavs get some ref favor in the final minutes? Of course. And if you don't think so than you're a "can't hack it, panty waist, who wears his mama's bra". Enough said, quit being a troll.

002k063d

Come get a taste Cleveland, but I've got a feeling you don't want to mess with us.

Uh stan...it sure seems like your the aggressor in this situation. You keep attacking and he is defending his points. How can you almost hate him? he is defending his points...The only person who had ANY statistical proof is Obawan...needless to say he was correct...

You read through the whole argument? I'm impressed. Not surprised you side with your fellow Cavs fans though. Do what you gotta do, but I still say, Come get a taste.

And that's great that Obawan had "statistical evidence", whatever it was, but this thread was relating to game action that we all saw (visual evidence). I take visual over statistical any day. (And just so you, or mark, doesn't take this post the wrong way and start an argument on who's right or wrong, I'm just saying who cares about statistical evidence in this case when we all watched the game with our own two eyes, or four in the case of Squints.)