Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Cleveland Was "Given" a Win Last Night

Has anyone seen the last 5 or so minutes of the ATL vs. CLE game last night? If so, its obvious that the league is giving the Queen wins during what should be a difficult stretch.

On the last two plays in which Joe Johnson slashed into the lane, there was a foul...and it went uncalled. Then the play after that, Cleveland gets the ball and the league's queen, Lebron drives into the lane and the predictable happens. Its just that I've seen this happen so many times that it just aggravates my soul.

He makes one free throw and thus, the officiating crew sets up the Cavs for a pitiful win.

Once again, the way the officiating looks biased by the players' reputation is just unprofessional if they do as you say.

I mean, if CLE is better than ATL, and Lebron better than Joe, then Joe couldn't have gotten fouled, and Lebron must have been fouled. Idk, it just looks like that.

On one of Joe's drive the Hawks ended up getting a HUGE three out of the play - that worked out to their advantage because it put them at least +1 on that possession (he could have missed FTs, split, made both). I don't know what the other drive you're referring to is though - I recall one where the offensive player lost control and went tumbling through two or three Cavs for an offensive foul.

The Hawks flat out let the Cavs back into the game - they doubled & tripled LeBron and left Andy Varejao & Mo Williams wide open for big shots.

On the last play, 1.6 seconds is enough time to get the ball into the paint for a jumper, not a fade away from the corner. That's bad play calling. Flip Murray also got a similar call that LeBron got at the end to end the 3rd quarter. He initiated contact and got the and-1 (though he missed, but still gave ATL the lead). Atlanta should have gone back to this type of play.

Also good to see the Hawks score keepers screw up again and assign an extra foul to Delonte West, putting him on the bench when he would have been guarding Joe.

quote:
Originally posted by markketch:

On one of Joe's drive the Hawks ended up getting a HUGE three out of the play - that worked out to their advantage because it put them at least +1 on that possession (he could have missed FTs, split, made both). I don't know what the other drive you're referring to is though - I recall one where the offensive player lost control and went tumbling through two or three Cavs for an offensive foul.

The Hawks flat out let the Cavs back into the game - they doubled & tripled LeBron and left Andy Varejao & Mo Williams wide open for big shots.

On the last play, 1.6 seconds is enough time to get the ball into the paint for a jumper, not a fade away from the corner. That's bad play calling. Flip Murray also got a similar call that LeBron got at the end to end the 3rd quarter. He initiated contact and got the and-1 (though he missed, but still gave ATL the lead). Atlanta should have gone back to this type of play.

Also good to see the Hawks score keepers screw up again and assign an extra foul to Delonte West, putting him on the bench when he would have been guarding Joe.

Yeah the Hawks lucked out on that 3 after a no-call, but there was still another time after that when Johnson went to the basket and got hit by like 3 Cleveland Lebrons.

It shouldn't have been a tie with the clock winding down, Hawks should've had a lead when Lebron drove, not saying they would've won or anything, but they should've had the lead and if the Hawks let the Cavs back in, the refs had something to do with it. I like how Varajeo flopped as usual and ended up hitting heads with Queen James, and then Lebron went to the line; I'm sure Atlanta got a similar call...

Obviously you're a Cavs fan who signed up to defend your team, but don't try and defend Lebron or how the refs wipe his butt after he goes poo poo because there's absolutely no evidence to support your case.

quote:
Obawan is going to get ticked off when he reads this...

lol

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

quote:

Yeah the Hawks lucked out on that 3 after a no-call, but there was still another time after that when Johnson went to the basket and got hit by like 3 Cleveland Lebrons.

It shouldn't have been a tie with the clock winding down, Hawks should've had a lead when Lebron drove, not saying they would've won or anything, but they should've had the lead and if the Hawks let the Cavs back in, the refs had something to do with it. I like how Varajeo flopped as usual and ended up hitting heads with Queen James, and then Lebron went to the line; I'm sure Atlanta got a similar call...

Obviously you're a Cavs fan who signed up to defend your team, but don't try and defend Lebron or how the refs wipe his butt after he goes poo poo because there's absolutely no evidence to support your case.

Actually, there really is no evidence to support your case. The Hawks were given 7 more FT attempts than the cavs and assessed 2 less fouls. Gripe all you want about the officials, but the stats say ATL actually got more calls.

Not to mention, that is the 3rd time in the past 2 years the ATL scorers table has screwed up. They did it last year against the Heat with the replayed game and against TJ Ford, when they started the clock too early and took away his game-winner. That completely screwed up the cavs rotation because Mike Brown thought Delonte had 4 fouls, when he only had 3. What would have happened if he stayed in? IDK, I do know though that he had the highest +/- of the game at +11. I am not usually one to complain about officials, but to be fair, Cleveland got screwed overall more than ATL last night.

quote:

if the Hawks let the Cavs back in, the refs had something to do with it.

Yes - the refs let Andy & Mo Williams hit big shots. The refs made the Hawks double and triple team LeBron, causing those guys to be open for shots. The Hawks didn't miss shots or anything like that, or fail to defend the open players. Nah.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme: I like how Varajeo flopped as usual and ended up hitting heads with Queen James, and then Lebron went to the line; I'm sure Atlanta got a similar call...

Flopped? He got pushed in the chest into LeBron. It was an obvious foul that a 99% blind, deaf official could have made.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:Obviously you're a Cavs fan who signed up to defend your team, but don't try and defend Lebron or how the refs wipe his butt after he goes poo poo because there's absolutely no evidence to support your case.

I'm sorry - where was I defending LeBron? Or the refs? Maybe you should go back and read my post again, then come back with a legitimate response to what I actually posted. My case? I didn't know I made one - mind to tell me what "my case" actually is?

Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

quote:
Obawan is going to get ticked off when he reads this...

lol

quote:

quote:

Actually, there really is no evidence to support your case. The Hawks were given 7 more FT attempts than the cavs and assessed 2 less fouls. Gripe all you want about the officials, but the stats say ATL actually got more calls.

Not to mention, that is the 3rd time in the past 2 years the ATL scorers table has screwed up. They did it last year against the Heat with the replayed game and against TJ Ford, when they started the clock too early and took away his game-winner. That completely screwed up the cavs rotation because Mike Brown thought Delonte had 4 fouls, when he only had 3. What would have happened if he stayed in? IDK, I do know though that he had the highest +/- of the game at +11. I am not usually one to complain about officials, but to be fair, Cleveland got screwed overall more than ATL last night.

total foul shots is not indicative of officiating bias and and person with common sense should know that. The magic usually end up with more fts than their opponents? Why do you suppose that is? It's because dwight gets sent to the line whenever he catches the ball in the paint. Does that mean the refs favor us? The rest of the game doesn't even matter, we're talking about the final play...if the roles were reversed would you have been pissed if Joe Johnson got that call? I mean if joe johnson leaned into varejao w/ 1 second left and the game tied.

Try to be honest with yourself and not just write the answer that best supports your argument.

Well obviously I would be mad, I am a cavs fan and I am biased towards the cavs. Pretty much any fan would be mad with a last second call unless it was an absolute hack (of course, not even those are called anymore. Brent Barry knows the feeling). If Hedo drove in and got that same call, tell me this: would all of you magic fans be saying "bad call" and "we were so lucky the refs gave us the game."

Like I did to your question, answer honestly.

Besides, it would not have mattered if Joe got the call cause Lebron would have hit that shot. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

Well obviously I would be mad, I am a cavs fan and I am biased towards the cavs. Pretty much any fan would be mad with a last second call unless it was an absolute hack (of course, not even those are called anymore. Brent Barry knows the feeling). If Hedo drove in and got that same call, tell me this: would all of you magic fans be saying "bad call" and "we were so lucky the refs gave us the game."

Like I did to your question, answer honestly.

Besides, it would not have mattered if Joe got the call cause Lebron would have hit that shot. icon_biggrin.gif

now you get to the crux of the argument...hedo wouldn't get that call in the last 5 seconds of a game unless there was blood or the smack could be heard for blocks and that is the whole point. Those ticky tack last second calls calls are reserved for the kobes, the lebrons and the wades of the league...you should just be happy you cheer for a team deemed worthy of these calls by stern.

If by some miracle hedo did get that call...maybe the ref accidently blows the whistle or something, i would freely admit we got bailed out...obviously i would be thrilled and take the win w/ out any crisis of conscience. I would completely understand if fans of the team the call went against were pissed.

I remember earlier this year in a cavs/pacers game, lebron got bailed out on one end on a lob of all things. Then joey crawford, who is a jerk and a moron but is the ref that star****s the least called the EXACT same thing on the other end and indy won. Cavs fans (not saying you in particular, but you are the only cavs fan i can yell at without being a troll) were up in arms about how they got screwed and the refs don't respect bron...it was high comedy to say the least.

Yeah I pretty much agree with you, I just don't want to type anymore right now lol. I was just saying IF Hedo was fouled, hypothetical. I really wasn't mad about the call during that game cause the ref pretty much called it the same on both ends. I blame the cavs for being down by 2 against the Pacers with .8 left. I have always took that stance that blaming the refs is for whiners (spelling?). If you are a good team, you don't put the refs in that position anyway.

Except there was one game last year that I honestly believe the refs just wouldn't let the cavs win, and I have never complained about another game. It was against the Bucks, and it was so bad I almost killed myself. It was like the Bucks had pics of the refs and it was just BAD. Ticks me off just thinking about it.

Of course I say I don't want to type then I type all that. I'm done with this stupid computer for the night. OK, I should really stop now lol.

All I really have to say about this is that Atlanta gave the Cavs the win. They had lots of opportunities to put the game away and failed. I agree with the fact that it looked like the refs gave LeBron the call with 1.6 left... but he's LeBron. Stars in the league get Star treatment, that's how it's all been, and that's how it always will be. The fairness of that is a topic for another day. Also, what was Joe Johnson doing practically taking a 3 to win the game? 1.6 from half is plenty of time. He had room even when he caught the ball, he couldn've taken a step forward or tried to draw some contact to go to the line as well. The league isn't afraid to make that call against LeBron, they did it too him with no time left against the Pacers and Danny Granger when the Pacers beat the Cavs about a month ago.

Either way you look at it and complain though,the Cavs won and there's no taking the W back. I'm pretty sure your Magic have won some pretty questionable games before.