Sign in to follow this  
duelingdragons

Did you see what Rafer Alston did for this team?

Keep in mind that he was playing on little to no rest, and with a group of guys that he has never played with before... and he still went out and got 8 assists.

Some of the passes he made were amazing.. maybe I'm just a little amped since we've been bleeding @ the 1 since Jameer went down.. but WOW.

And he won't go 1-9 from the field every night.

Here's hoping for the future. I was quite impressed by him tonight.

Keep in mind that he was playing on little to no rest, and with a group of guys that he has never played with before... and he still went out and got 8 assists.

Some of the passes he made were amazing.. maybe I'm just a little amped since we've been bleeding @ the 1 since Jameer went down.. but WOW.

And he won't go 1-9 from the field every night.

Here's hoping for the future. I was quite impressed by him tonight.

Very impressive performance considering he had been with the team officially for 2 hours!

His court vision is amazing and he takes care of the ball so well. We will miss Jameer's scoring but I think he brings a different weapon to this team and im optimistic about the rest of this season!

What impressed me was the movement of the ball! When he (Skip) was in, the ball did not get stuck or held up by the inability of AJ of Ty to penetrate the paint and dish out. This was displayed best in Rashard receiving the ball in the right place and the right time.

The same can be said for Hedo, by him not having to be the full time point forward allowed him to regain his swagger!!! Dwight and Rafer will need some time together, because it was obvious that Dwight expected him to shoot when he was looking to pass.

This was a very good trade for us, and I think with Jameer at full strength and Skip as the #1 backup....we have a very strong back court nad one heck of a team to put on the court for 2010, but it also says that we are going for the crown this season, and I am all for it!!!! Let's Go!!!!

Alston is going to help the team, because he is pass first pg.I believe that now we have a real chance to become a NBA champion. Time will tell, but a tardem of Jameer and Alston may be is the best in the league.

The most amazing thing about this trade is that we are both competitive this year, but also far more dangerous next year. We went from having two positions of need (back up PG and PF), to having a whole summer to solve only the problem of not having a banger power forward (draft, free agency, etc). So, for Otis to give us a chance this year and then improve our team next year as well, all while keeping cap room and expirings for 2010, is phenomenal. Well done Otis.

WE GOT HIM FOR COOKIE AND A LATE FIRST ROUNDER!!! We all know that finding Courtney at 22 almost guarantees 10 straight years of late first round busts so losing that pick is no concern of mine. Rafer is my new favorite player and i want to know when his no name # 36 jersey is up for sale.

quote:
Originally posted by J-Pat Attack!:

WE GOT HIM FOR COOKIE AND A LATE FIRST ROUNDER!!! We all know that finding Courtney at 22 almost guarantees 10 straight years of late first round busts so losing that pick is no concern of mine. Rafer is my new favorite player and i want to know when his no name # 36 jersey is up for sale.

36 was a temp number. I heard in the broadcast he wants the number 1 since Lee has his prefered number 11.

yeah, he's listed as "1" on the roster.

I figure we can always get a first rounder back if necessary. There's always a team looking to move out of the late first round. Considering that this draft isn't expected to be deep - it may be even easier.

He controled the game really good and he finished the game not AJ. 8 dishes on his 1st game is pretty good!

There was a Rocket fan yesterday on the forum and (funny) he stated that they were tired of seeing him go 1 for 8 or 1 for 9 in games and Alston went 1 from 9 from the field last night. I thought about that fan right away! I love the 8 assists.