Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Bobcats Game Thread - 2/20/09

quote:
Originally posted by the anchovie:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:
Originally posted by the anchovie:

i disagree. I thought he should have shot it too. But it wasn't because he was afraid of messing up his percentages.

Enlighten me then, cuz it's about the 10x this season JJ has found a way not to take a low percentage shot at the end of a quarter this year. I don't want to just pick on JJ, Jameer did the same thing.

Look neither one of us have any evidence other than Redick believes he can make it any where on the floor. So I don't believe that Redick got the ball looked at his shot the defender and the time and said this could hurt my percentage so I'm going to pass it. He just thought that Pietrus had a better shot. I'm not saying he made the right decision.

that's the only thing i trust jj, and probably stan trusts jj to do, and that's shoot the ball, he probably has that green light to do so whenever. maybe he had a bad feeling about the shots, i have a feeling stan is the kind of coach that pushes for players to make that extra swing pass either way.

if jj isn't shooting then he's 'not doing it right' as far as i'm concerned, his weapon is his shot and his liability is his defense. if he's not going to shoot then stick j. richardson out there to at least have a height advantage on alot of other shooting guards.

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

quote:
It is amazing what you can be conditioned to accept, because even as good as Jameer had played this year, he is still no floor general.

No floor general.... ???????

Seriously..... ??????

Have you been alive the past couple of weeks...?

nelson seems to be a combo guard trapped in a running back's body. his height, his handles, his shot... you watch him a hundred times like we have and your thinking he's a great pg. but remember the problem we all had with him when he started, is that he's a shoot first pass second pg, to me this is a great mental makeup for a sg, but not exactly a pg mould.

otis is quoted for saying that jameer is a 2 guard that plays pg for you, and it's what he's been great at. stan's offense has alot of perimeter weapons, with the additon to shard it looks like jameer had another great 3 point threat that would be playing 40 plus minutes, hedo being the other one, and peitrus can definately make that shot as well. dwight is down low and other team's big men are usually involved in some sort of sumo wrestling arm battle that i can barely explain... making other defenders honest allows for jameer to make his own offense, jump shots, drives, and we all know he can hit all of those, even deep 3's, and if anyone tries cheating he has a clear pass.

aj can't pull this off, lue not so much, but skip 2 my lou can definately beat a guy off the dribble, make a one handed runner, shoot the three, make a sick pass, and basically do what jammer brought, but skip is looking to pass. he has 4 weapons at all times 3 of them on the court ready to shoot, and at least 1 guy willing to make contact in the middle.

skip is defiantely more of a passing point guard, but jameer is definately our starter younger legs, body width, familiar with our offense, and he's way more accurate of a shooter.

the important thing is that they can both make our team's 'machine' run, they're both definate spark plugs.

Haha, Rafer Alston went 1-9? Expect to see that and 3-12, and 4-12, alot. He'll shoot badly for a few games, then get hot one game, to make up for that bad shooting. He's a decent defender though, and playmaker, you won't see Chris Paul going off for 30+ on him.

quote:
Originally posted by bfpri:

Haha, Rafer Alston went 1-9? Expect to see that and 3-12, and 4-12, alot. He'll shoot badly for a few games, then get hot one game, to make up for that bad shooting. He's a decent defender though, and playmaker, you won't see Chris Paul going off for 30+ on him.

yup, 1-9 and most fans really don't give a **** because of how well he ran the offense.

quote:

The link below will show you Chris Paul going for 37 points and 11 assists againts Alston.

We will see bad games from Alston and we will see PG's go nuts against us, but who doesn't have a bad game?

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

The link below will show you Chris Paul going for 37 points and 11 assists againts Alston.

We will see bad games from Alston and we will see PG's go nuts against us, but who doesn't have a bad game?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...ore?gameId=280308010

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh, rockets won, so i probably forgot about that game. Either way, he's decent on defense, a little overrated defensively imo with rocket fans, but still decent. Everyone was hating him when he was on our team, but the moment he was traded, the sky was falling...bandwagon fans sheesh. oh, yeah btw watch out for his teardrops..you are warned.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh, rockets won, so i probably forgot about that game. Either way, he's decent on defense, a little overrated defensively imo with rocket fans, but still decent. Everyone was hating him when he was on our team, but the moment he was traded, the sky was falling...bandwagon fans sheesh. oh, yeah btw watch out for his teardrops..you are warned.

Teardrops?