Sign in to follow this  
NInman

Possible Off Season Move

well hedo definately does not have pg handles, but he can dribble...somewhat...effectively? i guess sloan wouldn't kill him on the court, i just don't see him much and to me he's an angry man.

if we could get milsap here for hedo then it might be worth messing up chemistry, unless we drop every one of our next games i don't see any sort of hedo moving though, and milsap would leave us for more money, alot of people would leave us for more money.

speights came alive last night, he just needed brand to go down i guess, we should have tried to nab that guy for cheap before brand got injured, cook, jj, or battie, would look good with a 76 across their chest... i'm just kidding, i don't like trading to anyone in the east as it is.

and cdr fell off the map, he's on a terrible team though, he ran well but took a couple of dumb shots on sunday, if he ran with clee we'd have a sort of double comboguard backcourt... he might be uncoachable, but who knows what he could do with playing time and a coach that would stand on his neck during a game.... that will be my crazy trade addition to this thread.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

utah will probably end up letting boozer walk and milsap will be getting a very nice contract, there is no way we could get him for 8-9 mil.

That's true.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

sloan would litereally murder hedo's style of play and if he saw hedo breaking his rules he would just simply murder hedo, on the court, with witnsses.

I have to disagree except for the murdering him on the court part. I'm from Utah and seen hundreds of Jazz games with Sloan as coach. If you watch Kirilenko, he does some ridiculous things sometimes trying to throw passes in between his and his defenders legs and what not, it's actually kind of funny, but Sloan lets it go. Hedo would get plenty of open shots, he wouldn't have to ever handle the ball because of Williams, and if he wanted to drive to the hole, why not? Williams does it constantly, and Hedo's good enough that if he didn't have a shot he could kick it to his countryman, Okur.

I just went to the Harlem Globetrotters tonight in Salt Lake, and was like 20 feet away from Milsap and a bunch of other Jazz players, and I kept thinking about how awesome a player he is, and I would totally welcome him to Orlando, but I agree that Boozer probably won't be around so they'll make sure to keep Milsap.

its a dream for me to watch this roster:

Okur/AK/Milsab/Hedo/Williams

but it seems impossibleicon_frown.gif

quote:
Originally posted by SarGe:

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

sloan would litereally murder hedo's style of play and if he saw hedo breaking his rules he would just simply murder hedo, on the court, with witnsses.

I have to disagree except for the murdering him on the court part. I'm from Utah and seen hundreds of Jazz games with Sloan as coach. If you watch Kirilenko, he does some ridiculous things sometimes trying to throw passes in between his and his defenders legs and what not, it's actually kind of funny, but Sloan lets it go. Hedo would get plenty of open shots, he wouldn't have to ever handle the ball because of Williams, and if he wanted to drive to the hole, why not? Williams does it constantly, and Hedo's good enough that if he didn't have a shot he could kick it to his countryman, Okur.

I just went to the Harlem Globetrotters tonight in Salt Lake, and was like 20 feet away from Milsap and a bunch of other Jazz players, and I kept thinking about how awesome a player he is, and I would totally welcome him to Orlando, but I agree that Boozer probably won't be around so they'll make sure to keep Milsap.

its a dream for me to watch this roster:

Okur/AK/Milsab/Hedo/Williams

but it seems impossibleicon_frown.gif

I don't think Milsap is quick enough to guard 3s, so you're stuck with AK out there doing it, which he's fine at, but that may very well make Utah's interior defense even worse than they are now, which I didn't think was actually possible.

Even though Rasheed Wallace would fit in perfect, he will be 35 before next season.

To me, that is too old for our team whose focus is to win a championship not just one time, but several.

I think the most realistic PF option is David Lee.

He hasn't hit his ceiling yet and would compliment this team tremendously. Plus New York is holding on to their money until 2010.

David Lee will probably be looking for a deal around 4-5 years around 8 million a year.

Now for the salary experts..Do we have the option to sign a player to that kind of deal + the MLE this offseason? Not really sure how that works out

quote:
Originally posted by NInman:

Now for the salary experts..Do we have the option to sign a player to that kind of deal + the MLE this offseason? Not really sure how that works out

Short answer: no, we don't.

Long answer: Nnnnnnooooooooooo, wwwwweeeeeeeeeee dooooooonnnnnnn't.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by NInman:

Short answer: no, we don't.

Long answer: Nnnnnnooooooooooo, wwwwweeeeeeeeeee dooooooonnnnnnn't.

haha, so whats our spending amount this summer?

The Magic are tied up by Rashard's and Jameer's contract. They are making Otis look good actually, but Rashard's contract will probably always be overpaid and unnecesary. The Magic will go as far as the Rashard's contract takes them. If it's enough, great, if not, oh well.

So the Magic will have to rely on whatever they can use to get pieces that can complete the puzzle. Not much more to expect.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

The Magic are tied up by Rashard's and Jameer's contract. They are making Otis look good actually, but Rashard's contract will probably always be overpaid and unnecesary. The Magic will go as far as the Rashard's contract takes them. If it's enough, great, if not, oh well.

So the Magic will have to rely on whatever they can use to get pieces that can complete the puzzle. Not much more to expect.

lol then we should be trading expirings for draft picks.