Sign in to follow this  
mongoose

How hard is Tyronn Lue's nose?

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

I don't know what Bogans could have got us, but it had to be better then Lue. As far as trades go, this team is freaking horrible with them.

I want to be 100 percent clear on this. You don't know what Bogans could have gotten us. You ASSUME that he could have gotten us someone better and that's why you are upset? Does that sound right?

quote:
Originally posted by ankara:

Tyronn Lue have

1) less TO

2) High FG% especially 3-point %

3) Exceptable defensive power

What is our expectation ?

Carry the ball to HEDO's hands safely and defencing small guys.

IMO he can do this.

Well maybe that's your expectation, but I expect a little more than that. Lee running the point could of just handed the ball to Hedo.

I'm expecting a solid, backup PG that can hit a three if you're not careful defending him, and can stand on his own two feet when it comes to getting the ball up the court and getting the Magic into their offense. Lue's problem isn't talent, its getting nicked up and missing 3 games here, 5 games there for the last 2 or 3 seasons before this one. However he's been healthy this year, so hopefully he keeps it up.

On the one hand I believe that Lue is getting a little old. and slowing down.

On the other hand, he is a lot quicker than our other options.

Therefore, I think Otis made a half-fast choice.

I thought it was a good trade. Sucks for the bucks though with ridnour going down simultaneously. Luke might have just been frustrated that he wasn't the guy getting to go play with D12 and the 3pt gun slingers and decided to take his anger out on himself.

Bottom line:

We are a better team now

Bogans was not in our teams plans for the future

While Lue probablly will have a limited role, he is a great locker room guy and can manage a game.

This creates more time for Lee and Redick

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

I don't know what Bogans could have got us, but it had to be better then Lue. As far as trades go, this team is freaking horrible with them.

I want to be 100 percent clear on this. You don't know what Bogans could have gotten us. You ASSUME that he could have gotten us someone better and that's why you are upset? Does that sound right?

Yes, exactly right. I would think we could have put together a better package and gotten something better. It's just like the Mcgrady deal. We got crap for him. Obviously Bogans isn't Mcgrady, but I'm talking the value vs. value here. Actually the best thing would have been to see how Lee handled back-up pg duty and even see if he could take over AJ's spot. If that couldn't happen then make a pg trade or sign a d-leaguer. I'm just tired of getting crap for our trades. Who knows Nelson might come back in 2 weeks and this trade won't matter.