Sign in to follow this  
fishybashi

Changes necessary to beat Pistons -- it is possible!

Tips to Coach Hill:

We can make a competitive run vs. the Pistons, but changes are necessary.

--Jameer on point is cancer to our offense. This is very clear. One of the big reasons we lost is because we dug a hole in the first quarter and then again in the third. Start a taller PG. There are things on stats you won't see with having a 5'9 PG in the starting lineup. Gives Pistons extra inch of confidence and allow them to see the court better. They were on edge with Dooling and Arroyo in the backcourt. Give them something to worry about from the get-go.

WE NEED TO START WELL AND NOT PLAY CATCH UP TO OUR STARTING LINEUPS FOIBLES AND DISENCHANTED PLAYMAKING!!!!!! SIT NELSON NOW AND USE HIM AS A SPARK OFF THE BENCH!!

--Arroyo looks good directing traffic! He is back, and has been the past month or so, and I am glad. His PG skills especially in the first half was superb! He should have been used earlier in the third when the Nelson led offense was stagnate and lost momentum for our team. THIS BOY LED PR VS USA, he has experience under pressure!

--Milicic! Impressive for a guy with foot pain. I recommend starting him.

--Run and gun. Use a different tactic. Especially when Nelson is in the lineup, he does well when he drives and rips the interior defense apart. I cannot emphasize this enough ... this is our strength vs. an aging Pistons! We are young! We must outrun them. Outrun them NOW! Do not wait until game 3 or 4. We MUST take Game 2. MUST!!!

--JJ Redick must be used. Our 3-Point shooting needs help, and he can spread the floor. I have more trust on JJ than Nelson on the floor. Why does Hill insist on using Nelson so ****ing much????? Grant Hill on point is better than Meer!

--Ariza and Dooling is the Outlaw and Armstrong of old. These guys have heart! Why the hell was Ariza not used one second in the second half???? Use these guys more in the lineup!

--Have a message board participant do the rotations for Brian Hill.

Confidence gained from using the above recommendations will automatically fix the free throw disaster.

Go Magic!

Tips to Coach Hill:

We can make a competitive run vs. the Pistons, but changes are necessary.

--Jameer on point is cancer to our offense. This is very clear. One of the big reasons we lost is because we dug a hole in the first quarter and then again in the third. Start a taller PG. There are things on stats you won't see with having a 5'9 PG in the starting lineup. Gives Pistons extra inch of confidence and allow them to see the court better. They were on edge with Dooling and Arroyo in the backcourt. Give them something to worry about from the get-go.

WE NEED TO START WELL AND NOT PLAY CATCH UP TO OUR STARTING LINEUPS FOIBLES AND DISENCHANTED PLAYMAKING!!!!!! SIT NELSON NOW AND USE HIM AS A SPARK OFF THE BENCH!!

--Arroyo looks good directing traffic! He is back, and has been the past month or so, and I am glad. His PG skills especially in the first half was superb! He should have been used earlier in the third when the Nelson led offense was stagnate and lost momentum for our team. THIS BOY LED PR VS USA, he has experience under pressure!

--Milicic! Impressive for a guy with foot pain. I recommend starting him.

--Run and gun. Use a different tactic. Especially when Nelson is in the lineup, he does well when he drives and rips the interior defense apart. I cannot emphasize this enough ... this is our strength vs. an aging Pistons! We are young! We must outrun them. Outrun them NOW! Do not wait until game 3 or 4. We MUST take Game 2. MUST!!!

--JJ Redick must be used. Our 3-Point shooting needs help, and he can spread the floor. I have more trust on JJ than Nelson on the floor. Why does Hill insist on using Nelson so ****ing much????? Grant Hill on point is better than Meer!

--Ariza and Dooling is the Outlaw and Armstrong of old. These guys have heart! Why the hell was Ariza not used one second in the second half???? Use these guys more in the lineup!

--Have a message board participant do the rotations for Brian Hill.

Confidence gained from using the above recommendations will automatically fix the free throw disaster.

Go Magic!

Most of the things you wrote are true. The only thing that I dont agree with you is about Arroyo. He is always using balls himself. He is shoting, driving etc. So I dont like him much.

I think the things needed to do are very simple:

-Detroit is a good team. So we must stop their offensive guns.

-Billups: Billups is strong and taller than Jameer and Arroyo. Jameer and Arroyo isnt strong and tall enough to stop him. Billups can shot over them easyly. So we can stop Billups with KEYON. Keyon is tall and hearty.

-Hamilton: Hamilton is one of the best offensive player in nba. Brian Hill tried to stop him with Jameer in the start of the game 1. That was very ridiculous. Jameer is too short for him. The player who will stop him must be as tall and fast as him. I think we can stop him with AR?ZA. He is tall, fast and energic. I think he is the best defenssive player in our short players

-Prince: We can use Grant or Hedo on him. Because we have no alternative. But we need to choose one of them (Grant and Hedo).

-Rasheed: Tony Battie isnt strong and tall enough to stop him. Rasheed can shot over Tony easyly. So we must use DARKO on Rasheed. Anyway I can understand why Tony is still a starter instead of Darko. Darko has many talents on offense and deffense.

-Webber: We can stop him with Dwight. Anyway there is no choice.

But the key players for us are KEYON, AR?ZA and DARKO. (Darko must play a starter obviusly) ?f they dont start a starter, we must give them more minutes than we gave.

Go Magic! We can beat them!

quote:
Originally posted by yunusrodman:

Most of the things you wrote are true. The only thing that I dont agree with you is about Arroyo. He is always using balls himself. He is shoting, driving etc. So I dont like him much.

I think the things needed to do are very simple:

-Detroit is a good team. So we must stop their offensive guns.

-Billups: Billups is strong and taller than Jameer and Arroyo. Jameer and Arroyo isnt strong and tall enough to stop him. Billups can shot over them easyly. So we can stop Billups with KEYON. Keyon is tall and hearty.

-Hamilton: Hamilton is one of the best offensive player in nba. Brian Hill tried to stop him with Jameer in the start of the game 1. That was very ridiculous. Jameer is too short for him. The player who will stop him must be as tall and fast as him. I think we can stop him with AR?ZA. He is tall, fast and energic. I think he is the best defenssive player in our short players

-Prince: We can use Grant or Hedo on him. Because we have no alternative. But we need to choose one of them (Grant and Hedo).

-Rasheed: Tony Battie isnt strong and tall enough to stop him. Rasheed can shot over Tony easyly. So we must use DARKO on Rasheed. Anyway I can understand why Tony is still a starter instead of Darko. Darko has many talents on offense and deffense.

-Webber: We can stop him with Dwight. Anyway there is no choice.

But the key players for us are KEYON, AR?ZA and DARKO. (Darko must play a starter obviusly) ?f they dont start a starter, we must give them more minutes than we gave.

Go Magic! We can beat them!

Good points! I like your suggestions because they are specific to addressing the defensive stops necessary to win the game and force Detroit to adjust. Now, will Brian Hill listen? That is the question!

seems like everyone agrees, we need dooling,turk,ariza,darko and howard, I think we got a zero chance of seeing these five out there, but wouldnt it be a great shock to start these guys

We didnt lose because Nelson is a cancer. Arroyo didnt do any better than Nelson at the point. We lost because of free throws and turnovers plain and simple and all were responsible for that. Jameer is our starter with Dooling and Arroyo off the bench. Carlos defense isnt any better than Nelson and he dribbles around just as much as Nelson. Make the points at the line and cut the turnovers EVERYONE, not just Jameer and they will be competitive. Jameer made some timely baskets in the second half and we needed that. We owned the paint last night and i think that can continue. Execute fundamentals and we are in this series

I don't know why but it seems so obvious that not because Jameer sucks that he should not be starting(he does not suck but he is often not on)just basic common sense. jameer is to short to guard billups, period. so.... have some one else guard him keyon. that to me would be common sense more than whether jameer is going to be off or not. if nelson plays it is when billups is out(detroit's other pg is not as tall) or when and if keyon gets into foul trouble. also jj redick=3 pts shots. how many 3 did we shoot? 5 and made 2? detroit is a veteran team but we can beat them with smart basketball and of course FREETHROWS from everyone. if everyone that shot a freethrow made one more we would have been only been down by 1 point. i think we will win the next game. GO MAGIC!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Jack:

seems like everyone agrees, we need dooling,turk,ariza,darko and howard, I think we got a zero chance of seeing these five out there, but wouldnt it be a great shock to start these guys

KEYON

T