Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Euroleague Final Four

For those following the Euroleague it is down to the final four, featured teams are as follows:

Panathinaikos

Tau Ceramica

CSKA Moscow

Unicaja

With a keen interest in Euroleague basketball and a liking to the style of play it should make for an interesting final four. Its been difficult to keep up with so I hope followers can update with related articles and such.

And ath i hope you have a ticket!

My thoughts: CSKA Moscow - Euroleague Champions

For those following the Euroleague it is down to the final four, featured teams are as follows:

Panathinaikos

Tau Ceramica

CSKA Moscow

Unicaja

With a keen interest in Euroleague basketball and a liking to the style of play it should make for an interesting final four. Its been difficult to keep up with so I hope followers can update with related articles and such.

Unfortunately I don't follow the woman's league's.

Seriously, I don't have an interest in Fran. I can only catch a game a week at max and see more talent elsewhere, than to care about Fran. Heres a stat line anyway:

Based on his Euroleague performance through out the year -

http://www.euroleague.net/main/teams/showteamstats?clubcode=bar

quote:
Originally posted by nbr3345:

Panathinaikos

Tau Ceramica

CSKA Moscow

Unicaja

well, err i haven't got a ticket, but i suppose if i want to get one there's always the black market ; )

macabi thought that they were going to make it and when they didn't, they sold their tickets to panathinaikos. so there might be some extra... even though i'm not a panathinaikos fan (but i'll be rooting for them since they r the only greek team)

i think pao has a strong chance for the title cos they're playing @home. but never underestimate cska ; )

(ath - On another note what about the Champions League final?)

How do you rate TAU, this is a team I hadn't seen much of. Luis Scola is in this team, right?

athens is the place to be this year for sports lol..

champions league tickets are the most difficult to get because of the cost and because a small percentage was given to the greek public.

quote:
small percentage was given to the greek public.

That is just crap.

Should be a interesting FInal Four.I beleive the favourites are the home team Panathinaikos who's coach Zeljko Obradovic has coached euroleague champions in 1992,94,95,2000 & 2002.He's also coached Ygugoslavia to euro c'ships in 97 and to world c'ships in 1998.Tau is coached by Bozidar Maljkovic another serbian coach who's coached eurolegue champions in 1989,90,93 and in 96.CSKA is coached by italina Ettore Messina who's coached euroleague champions in 1998 & 2001.The 4th Final Four team Unicaja from spain have the least experienced coach in italian Sergio Scariolo,but he did win a spanish c'ship last year with this team.I think CSKA are the deepest and best euroleague team right now but Panathinaikos will win it with its huge fanatical hometown crowd of 18.000 plus.

Thanks for the report. Correct me if I'm wrong but are CSKA defending champions of Euroleague this season?

And another question Tiago Splitter is a prospect in this years NBA draft and was last year, he is a member of the Unicaja squad, yes or no?

Yes CSKA are the deffending euroleague champions and imo the best euroleague team the last 3 years.2 years ago they lost the final which they hosted then sacked the legendery serbian coach Dusan Ivkovic and replaced him with Ettore Messina who a year later won hem the euroleague title.Right now imo CSKA are still the best euroleaue team,but host Panathinaikos are also a great team and will be playing infront of their fanatical 18 thousand fans so i predict Panathinaikos over CSKA in the final as champions.Tau also have a great team,so it should be interesting,as for T.Splitter he's been a nba prospect the last 3 years but had a huge buyout thus many teams choosing not to draft him.I think he's a lottery prospect but his current contract will make teams bypass him come draft time.

And i forgot to mention that Splitter has never been a Unicaja player,but current nba players Jorge Grabajosa(raptors),and Walter Herrman(Bobcats) played for them and helped them win the spanish c'ship which btw is called the ACB Liga.