Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem

Jameer wins NBA Player of the Week Award AGAIN! (link)

This league needs to make a statement for the all-star game saying that its not fake, that players like Allen Iverson don't make it in years like this.

They will do this by putting Jameer in. Just like I've said all through out my tenure on magic zone. Jameer has got it. He's the real deal, he has what it takes to lead an elite team.

quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/01/n...rd-this-season-.html

quote:

If more proof was needed that the Magic don't win by Dwight Howard alone, it was Tuesday's news of point guard Jameer Nelson being named the Eastern Conference's player of the week, his second such honor this season.

Nelson averaged 24.7 points, 8.0 assists, 2.7 rebounds and 1.7 steals in leading Orlando to a perfect 4-0 road sweep last week. He was sterling in fourth-quarter runs against the San Antonio Spurs and L.A. Lakers, and hit 5-of-5 3-pointers against the Sacramento Kings.

If Jameer is not added to the All-Star team this year, the NBA is a complete joke.

He is playing well enough to make the all star team, but there are some other good players. If he doesn't make it then I think that will add to his chip on his shoulder - we like him playing with that chip.