Sign in to follow this  
richnba

Will Brian make adjustments?

Do you guys really think this series will go 5 games? That's the big debate here in Michigan.

I guess no one is talking about the Magic winning the series with us. I guess its all about when we're going to finish the Magic off.

I say 4. What about you?

It was a close game. If the magic just made a few more fts, they would have won. No need to come in here and trash talk.

I dont think coach will make any adjustments. they only way dwight will ever get space is if we have 3 point shooters to spread the floor but we never play them..jj or bogans.

Come on man, its all in good fun.

What good is sports chat if you can't talk some trash.

The Pistons just find a way to win like they've been doing all year. They dont look impressive with the numbers, but we find a way to get the job done.

You all just need some experience. Howard is getting his in.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Will Darko start

Will meer be benched for a better defender

Or will we use the old Brian tactic, try the same thing we did tonight again and hope for better results?

I bet Meer starts and gets torched, and Battie starts and makes sheed look like a hall of famer.

Will JJ play or will we go to the old lineup of Carlos,Dooling,Ariza(if get gets to play), Darko and Dwight

we all know how good of a shootetr Dooling is and how capable a distributor Arroyo is..

Good post

So basically, the question is...

Will JJ Redick see any paying time at all? Will Ariza play more than 7 minutes?

Will Dooling be used more to guard Bilups?

Will Darko see more playing time to give us another scoring threat in the frontcourt?

Wow, that's actually a lot of questions. Do we really expect B Hill to come up with even a single answer?

I hope so. The one thing B Hill has shown us over the last couple weeks is that he is beginning to understand that adjustments are necessary in the NBA. It's unfortunate that he forgot that lesson during game one.

I just don't see the substitution problems that you guys are talking about. The reasons we lost are FT shooting and TO's. Unless Dwight and the boys start to hit FT's and take care of the ball, we will be gone in 4. Get off Brian's jock.

quote:
Originally posted by nate dizzy:

I just don't see the substitution problems that you guys are talking about. The reasons we lost are FT shooting and TO's. Unless Dwight and the boys start to hit FT's and take care of the ball, we will be gone in 4. Get off Brian's jock.

It's like this Nate. Our starters played 10 1/2 minutes together in the first quarter and 10 1/2 minutes together in the 3rd quarter, without a single substitution. Care to guess what the score was of those two quarters combined?

58-40

We were outscored by 18 points in those two quarters and our coach souldn't seem to find a reason to change things up a bit.

Hill is notorious for not making proper substitutions, rotations and adjustments. This game was a key example of how he seems to forget that substitutions can alter the momentum of a game.

I have tired of his two different units on the court. A first unit that plays together during the 1st and 3rd quarters, and a completely different unit comprised of 4-5 different players that will play the majority of the 2nd and 4th quarters (until crunch time). It's ridiculous.

I was watching the game with my elementary aged son who seemed to have a better concept of when to substitute than the coach. Anybody out there have a good answer to give him when he says, "Why is Jameer STILL in the game?" or "Why isn't Ariza playing?".

As someone who has played competitive basketball I still don't get the "missed free throws" thing. It's really not that hard...

my adjustments would be the following:

dooling for nelson

darko for battie

This will give us better defense against chancey and wallace. this also will allow nelson to come into the game to guard hunter who is much smaller and can not keep up with jameer. this are my 2 cents.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by DetroitBasketball!!!:

Whats up guys, good game tonight. You guys gave us a scare. But we were just the better team tonight. If the magic arent going to have a 20pt scorer they can forget about winning this thing, because everyone isnt "clicking" on all cylinders all of the time. The Magic need a sure fire go-to-guy to get them a basket when they need it.

If theyre going to have to trade baskets with the Pistons, and the need to find some mismatches. If youre going to trade baskets with us, the Magic had better have a scorer with more than 17pts. You simply cannot count on eveyone to lend a hand in scoring every night in the playoffs. Youre going to have some stretches where theres not good shooting nights for the whole team. What going to happen to Orlando when the team inst shooting all that well? Who do they go to for a sure fire basket.

I think this series is done in 4 games.

Hmmm, you smell familiar... bad grammar, lackluster spelling, stupid "DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!" name that