Sign in to follow this  
ClaytonMagic

Bos, Orl, Cavs VS West

Okay so I took Boston, Orlando, Cavs and matched them up against the top 9 teams in the West. So each of them should play the top 9 in the West 18 total games.

Top 9 Teams

Lakers

Spurs

Nuggets

Hornets

Trail Blazers

Suns

Rockets

Jazz

Mavericks

Now these are all quality teams that will give Boston and Cleveland the most trouble.

Magic

The Magic have already played 11 of the 18 games VS these teams. That is counting tonights game VS the Lakers

Celtics

The Celtics have played 8 out of the 18 games.

Cavaliers

The Cavaliers have only played 7 of the 18 games against these Westerns conference teams. That is counting the matchup against the Hornets tonight which they will likely lose.

This is really looking good for the Magic the second half of the season as the Boston and Clevelands schedules should get tougher and the Magics hopefully easier!

GOOO MAAAGIIIC!

Okay so I took Boston, Orlando, Cavs and matched them up against the top 9 teams in the West. So each of them should play the top 9 in the West 18 total games.

Top 9 Teams

Lakers

Spurs

Nuggets

Hornets

Trail Blazers

Suns

Rockets

Jazz

Mavericks

Now these are all quality teams that will give Boston and Cleveland the most trouble.

Magic

The Magic have already played 11 of the 18 games VS these teams. That is counting tonights game VS the Lakers

Celtics

The Celtics have played 8 out of the 18 games.

Cavaliers

The Cavaliers have only played 7 of the 18 games against these Westerns conference teams. That is counting the matchup against the Hornets tonight which they will likely lose.

This is really looking good for the Magic the second half of the season as the Boston and Clevelands schedules should get tougher and the Magics hopefully easier!

GOOO MAAAGIIIC!

where do you get your information? The genius's over at espn say we can't be taken seriously because we haven't played any hard teams and have had the easiest schedule in the history of the NBA.

I think you're counting tonight's game also.

Right now we're 7-3 against those teams. We've been home and away 5 times each, so tonight means we've played more of these games away than at home (and tomorrow it'll be 5 home, 7 away.)

I have been expecting the Cavs to fall a bit all season long. Their schedule has been a cakewalk.

BOS is already slowing down.

The table is definitely set, if the Magic want the top spot, it will be there. But it will probably take a 60-64 wins. Should be fun!

quote:
I think you're counting tonight's game also.

Right now we're 7-3 against those teams. We've been home and away 5 times each, so tonight means we've played more of these games away than at home (and tomorrow it'll be 5 home, 7 away.)

I am counting tonights game! Magic play Lakers and that will be thier 11th game. Cavs play Hornets and that will be their 7th

quote:
where do you get your information? The genius's over at espn say we can't be taken seriously because we haven't played any hard teams and have had the easiest schedule in the history of the NBA.

I get my information from looking at the schedule. Look for yourself!

>Magic are 16-4 vs. the West.

7-3 against the top 9, with the 11th game tonight @L.A.

>Celtics are 8-5 vs. the West.

4-4 against the top 9.

>Cavaliers are 10-1 against the West.

5-1 against the top 9, with the 7th game tonight vs. N.O.

I was curious about these records myself, so I figured I'd throw them out there.

quote:
Originally posted by ClaytonMagic:

quote:
>Cavaliers are 10-1 against the West.

5-1 against the top 9, with the 7th game tonight vs. N.O.

I bet most of those are at home for the Cavs

It's 3-3. But their lone loss was @NO:

@ New Orleans- L

@ Dallas- W

Denver-W

Utah- W

@ Denver-W

Houston-W

Whereas the Magic:

Portland- L

@ Dallas- W

Houston- L

@ Portland- W

@ Phoenix- L

@ Utah- W

San Antonio- W

LA Lakers- W

New Orleans- W

@ San Antonio- W

The Celtics:

@ Houston- W

Denver- L

Portland- W

New Orleans- W

Utah- W

@ LA Lakers- L

@ Portland- L

@ Houston- L

Anyone else find these stats interesting besides me?

Cleveland's record on the road isn't all that hot compared to their home record and after they play NO they get to play on road out west. The Lakers being their first game, then Portland, Golden State and then Utah after a short visit home to play the Kings then they play at Orlando.

Should be very interesting don't you think.