Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

Game Thread: Wizards @ Warlocks [1/6/08] 7:00 P.M. An Epic confrontation of MAGIC

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Raptors could not put as much performance if Dwight was there to stop numerous uncontested dunks and layups.

So it's all Dwight's fault that the Raptors got open dunks and layups? This is a five-man game, no matter what Turk tells you. Everybody needs to defend somebody, not just watch Dwight in awe.

Quoting a post out of context can lead to believing something else.

Reading the entire post answers many questions like what the person had in mind with their post

I read his entire post, thank you very much. What exactly did I take out of context?

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Wasn't it Dwight that Stan benched last year becuase of this very reason? Isn't it Dwight that gets frustrated when he doesn't get the foul calls in the offensive end? Didn't Stan yell at him in front of ESPN cameras in NO game two weeks ago? Dwight does lose focus, he is not close to the level of Tim Duncan and Garnett. I wish Dwight would get 40 points and still take care of business on the defensive end, but he is not there yet.

I don't know other players habits, I seem to notice Dwight the most since the others do not bring a dominant defensive presence that is easy to notice when it is not there. Raptors could not put as much performance if Dwight was there to stop numerous uncontested dunks and layups.

Hedo had always played well with great big guys: Divac, Duncan, and now Dwight. He always was a good/clutch role player. The bigger reason why he is performing much better is because he is given more responsibility. Not to mention that in the Magic squad, Hedo has played the most number of playoff games/minutes.

I don't believe Jameer had a big guy in his college team, he had Delonte West. So I give you that Dwight contributed to Jameer's development.

I stand by my hypothesis until proven otherwise.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

And I again remind you that Dwight doesn't lose focus on defense and rebounding because he doesn't get his points, it's Jameer, Hedo and Rashard that have that habit. Dwight needs to be the captain and leader and get his points off of offensive rebounds and lobs but not because he gets lazy but because other players will if they don't get to shoot it. The reason Dwight had 39 points against Toronto is because they tried to make him beat them single handedly. They weren't going to collapse defensively and it proved ineffective because our team scored a lot of points. Trouble is the Raptors put on a fluke offensive performance. Also you act as if Dwight wasn't relevent offensively tonight. Think about this roster; there isn't a single player outside of Rashard who before playing with Dwight was anything special offensively. The reason Hedo, Jameer, and everyone else is as effective as they are is because of Dwight's offense.

But you're wrong again! The reason Dwight got yelled at by Van Gundy...was..because he lost focus because he wasn't getting his touches. I don't think that there is a single player in the league whose defense doesn't become more intense when they get to be involved offensively. I love the way you brought up last season, when Dwight only had good defensive efforts on nights when he got his points which is evidence that I am right. You allude to Garnett and Duncan which are flat-out unfair comparisons; these guys have 10 years on Dwight and they are what he needs to become. A player, who while he is better than everyone around offensively, is willing to pick his spots to appease the scorers on the team.

And finally, you say Hedo has always played well with great big guys, well of course. That was my point, he isn't good enough to produce on a team where he is the actual focal point, he needs that Duncan or Dwight to take pressure off of him.