Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

The Warriors waived guard DeMarcus Nelson

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

no biggie, just saying...

No offense man. My response sounded harsher than what I intended.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

Nelson provided speed for the Blue Devils during his 4 years at Duke BUT he also spent a lot of time in a suit due to injuries.

That's all the Magic need is another MP constantly getting injuried just like G. Hill.

If we signed him he wouldn't be playing a whole lot of minutes anyway and his salary won't be anything close to Hill's. He is a 3rd string point guard at the veterans minimum.

DeMarcus Nelson cannot be signed using the Vets Min...

Ok, he was a second round pick, correct? We still aren't breaking the bank for him. That was my point.

He went undrafted in 2008.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nelson provided speed for the Blue Devils during his 4 years at Duke BUT he also spent a lot of time in a suit due to injuries.

That's all the Magic need is another MP constantly getting injuried just like G. Hill.

If we signed him he wouldn't be playing a whole lot of minutes anyway and his salary won't be anything close to Hill's. He is a 3rd string point guard at the veterans minimum.

Ok, he was a second round pick, correct? We still aren't breaking the bank for him. That was my point.

don't worry about things like this, some famous undrafteds are darell armstrong, ben wallace, bruce bowens... and the first page whoever said they were both small sg's... remember that stuckey was a sg in college, and he does a great job killing us all the time, i don't know of either of these two, they could both suck, but you can't count them out of equations because they're small sg's or they were undrafted.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

don't worry about things like this, some famous undrafteds are darell armstrong, ben wallace, bruce bowens... and the first page whoever said they were both small sg's... remember that stuckey was a sg in college, and he does a great job killing us all the time, i don't know of either of these two, they could both suck, but you can't count them out of equations because they're small sg's or they were undrafted.

his undrafted comment doesn't have anything to do with ability/potential...it was a dollars and cents thing...

Stuckey is just one of those players though, he's a diamond in the rough...but I understand what you're saying...

Fred Jones though, he's not going to magically get any better, he will put up points with more minutes, but he's pretty much reached his mark...Nelson is an unknown NBA prospect...