Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

UCF Demotes Salem From O. Coordinator

Well, us UCF fans knew that some kind of change was coming. Since it appeared that O'Leary was safe (whatever!), you had to figure that the blame was going to fall squarely on offensive coordinator Tim Salem. Well, sure enough, Salem has lost his job as the OC (don't call it that). But, inexplicably, he is still on the coaching staff!

The new offensive coordinator is Charlie Taaffe. What do you mean you've never heard of him!?

Here's the link:

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20090103/SPORTS/901030324/1002/SPORTS

Please note: once again, Florida Today's John Denton got the jump on everyone else.

Well, us UCF fans knew that some kind of change was coming. Since it appeared that O'Leary was safe (whatever!), you had to figure that the blame was going to fall squarely on offensive coordinator Tim Salem. Well, sure enough, Salem has lost his job as the OC (don't call it that). But, inexplicably, he is still on the coaching staff!

The new offensive coordinator is Charlie Taaffe. What do you mean you've never heard of him!?

Here's the link:

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20090103/SPORTS/901030324/1002/SPORTS

Please note: once again, Florida Today's John Denton got the jump on everyone else.

They should let this new guy call the plays because whoever was calling them before sucks.

And why move the QB coach to RB coach. In the last few years the only positions that have consistantly been good were RB and WR. The position thats been bad has been QB.

I miss the days of Moffett, Darcy Johnson, Mike Walker, Brandon Marshall, and a young kevin smith.

37795507.jpg

I'm here!

I guess I'm cool with it. You knew a change was coming, and if you think about it, Salem has been in charge for 5 years including last years offense (with Kevin Smith of course) where we set all sorts of records.

I did find this interesting from the OS story:

quote:
He was suspended in August 1996 and eventually fired following a second drunken-driving arrest in three years. Taaffe was acquitted of a similar charge in 1993. He was cleared in the second case after a nonjury trial.

Taaffe sued the Citadel, and the school agreed to a $186,000 settlement to end its association with the most successful coach in school history.

Very not cool.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sportsfbcucf0...an04,0,4978498.story

i'm here as well, i'm also a canes fan so you can yell at me for that if necessary. i've heard from a few players that o'leary is just an angry old man at all times, we're the 5th best program in the state, and we don't need any more problems recruiting as it is. with he money we're paying our dear coach we could grab a guy like butch davis who seems to be able to recruit like he's walking around with moneybags in one hand and hookers in the other... but too bad he's at north carilona and has revamped that program already. i doubt he'd want to conference down to us unless we brought the moneybags ourselves.