Sign in to follow this  
Aron-Ingi

New years trade...

Golden State does not want Maggette because he doesn't know how to share the ball. Since the Magic are a spread it around team, Maggette makes about as much sense as Starbury.

We got rid of Gooden when we got Dwight, and that was one of the best moves we ever made.

Also look at Cleveland, they got rid of Gooden (and Hughes also) and this year they're much better without him. That sums it up for me.

quote:
Golden State does not want Maggette because he doesn't know how to share the ball. Since the Magic are a spread it around team, Maggette makes about as much sense as Starbury.

I agree...and Tyrus Thomas is the same way. Now i wouldnt mind a minor deal like maybe getting Turiaf, but no major changes are needed.

First off, yea, why make such a substantial move (moving 1/3 of team) when it's general consensus that all we need to do is tweak the team?? We're a good team as is, why is such a big move required??

W/ that said, there is one guy in the trade you proposed that I really like, and it's Gooden. He was lookin' pretty good here before we traded him. I know that was the terrible 21 win season we'd all like to forget and Gooden is a reminder of that, but let's not forget he's not the reason we sucked. He's a good piece. He bangs around, hits the glass, AND he can make the mid-range jumper..better than Battie can even. + he's younger. So..why not?? We'd get the more traditional PF everyone's always griping for and he does the dirty work too along w/ the ability to hit the J, a must playing alongside w/ Dwight.

It's really dumb to have a knee jerk reaction after one loss, that loss being to Detroit. I know it's just one loss, but when your team loses the exact same way they got ousted in the playoff (toughness, rebounding) then that is clear grounds to make a move to rectify it. Getting Gooden would be a great step in that direction. Now, I don't know if it's the panacea for our ailments, but it'll certainly help.

Now Maggette really would not help. I don't see how getting rid of Pietrus for Maggette is a +. He does not bring to the starting SG position what SVG wants, which is perimeter defense. Pietrus is better at that than Maggette. They're both slashers, but Pietrus shoots the 3 ball better (I dunno, stats?). Also, Pietrus will NOT arrest your ball movement. I wouldn't call Magette a black hole on offense, but I think Pietrus moves the ball around better which is what our team is based on..unselfishness and ball movement. Maggette NEEDS the ball to be effective, if he doesn't get touches on offense, he usually laxes on D.

-Charlius-

Happy New Year!!!!!

Well, whatever move we make (if we DO make one) it needs to be rebounding help, defensive rebounding especially.

I know that we've improved to, 3rd in defensive efficiency (?), and that's great. We've all heard that D wins championships and it really does. But what is the point in playing good defense, forcing the opponent to take a bad shot and miss, and NOT be able to corral the defensive rebound? If the other team gets the offensive board, you just wasted that great defense. The lack of def. reb. is somewhat negating the strides we've made in our overall defense.

In my opinion, we need more reb. help than looking for a backup Point. Of course, we need that too, but this really takes precedence. If both Meer and AJ go down, there are people to take up the slack in ball-handling duties, but we what do we have for the def. rebs.?

-Charlius-

why change the team? we have a lot of offensive talent, 3rd in defense. if we are hurting in rebounds then move players around for that game. we have the players,put gortat with dwight.we have the pieces, just need to adjust as the season goes on. svg always finds ways to improve teams weakness. we need to find a way to keep turk(mr. 4th quarter). its to early in the season to gamble with the teams chemistry. everyone says if we want to be an elite team we need this or that. right now we are still proving to everybody we can/are an elite team. when we hit a dead end then we need trades but this team is still improving. if it ain't broke....