Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Breaking News: Brighthouse & FSN Reach Deal!!!

It looks like maybe Brighthouse is not converting the signal for cable customers, so that even if you have cable, you can't see the Magic games without a converter box? I'm not sure if that's what is happening, but it looks that way. That's the most idiotic thing I've heard of. All digital signals will be converted for cable customers in February, but not FSN? Or maybe FSN will become available in February when all the channels go digital. Anybody know?

would i get fsn if i get a digital converter box w/o using brighthouse's box for $7/month? not sure about the coupon thing or if that has expired. if i could get one somehow it might end up being cheaper than paying $7/month or $84/year + extra taxes/fees when all i would care about is watching magic games.

looks like you had to order the coupons before 12/31/08 so bright house made this deal right in time for you not to be able to get that $40 off coupon. that is if you are able to watch fsn w/ just standard programming and a converter box.

about dam time!

I have channel 50 ...but have not seen the FSN HD broadcast. The sentinel said they would show the FSN HD on the same channel they use for SUNsports HD - 1000.

hopefully tonight's hawks gm will be in FSN HD, on channel 1000.

quote:
Originally posted by chrisB:

about dam time!

I have channel 50 ...but have not seen the FSN HD broadcast. The sentinel said they would show the FSN HD on the same channel they use for SUNsports HD - 1000.

Last nights game was in HD. Don't expect for the guide to show it on there yet, Brighthouse usually takes forever to update it.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

about dam time!

Last nights game was in HD. Don't expect for the guide to show it on there yet, Brighthouse usually takes forever to update it.

I second that.....for channel 1000, the guide showed the same generic message it shows when nothing is currently being broadcast. However, when I actually went to the channel, the game was on.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

about dam time!

I second that.....for channel 1000, the guide showed the same generic message it shows when nothing is currently being broadcast. However, when I actually went to the channel, the game was on.

I missed the beginning of the game, so it took me until the beginning of the 3rd quarter when they showed "Broadcasted in HD" or whatever to show up on the screen for me to switch to 1000 and see that it was on.