Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem

SI.COM Roundtable: Believe in Magic? (link)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/12...oundtable/index.html

Some of SI's NBA "writers" weigh in on the Magic's impressive start.

Tidbits:

Most believe Magic are the 3rd best in the East behind Celtics/Cavs (a quick look at the standings would tell you that, nice research!).

Jack McCallum doesn't like Rashard Lewis very much.

Chris Mannix gives mad love to Orlando and Jameer Nelson in particular. "Fast developing into one of the league's top point guards."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/12...oundtable/index.html

Some of SI's NBA "writers" weigh in on the Magic's impressive start.

Tidbits:

Most believe Magic are the 3rd best in the East behind Celtics/Cavs (a quick look at the standings would tell you that, nice research!).

Jack McCallum doesn't like Rashard Lewis very much.

Chris Mannix gives mad love to Orlando and Jameer Nelson in particular. "Fast developing into one of the league's top point guards."

quote:
good fortune on injuries (so far)

really? i thought we've had some pretty bad luck with injuries so far. We were missing our starting backcourt for a while, dwight showed signs of humanity and pietrus still can't stay healthy. The turkoflu has reared it's ugly head as well.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
good fortune on injuries (so far)

really? i thought we've had some pretty bad luck with injuries so far. We were missing our starting backcourt for a while, dwight showed signs of humanity and pietrus still can't stay healthy. The turkoflu has reared it's ugly head as well.

should tell you how much they are really paying attention

We aren't actually the third best team. Our record says that, but Detroit and Atlanta both have our number so that has us at #6.

Luckily we won't be seeing any of them in the playoffs, so that won't matter.

Lets just hope we can beat Cleveland, because that would be a successful season, to me at least.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

We aren't actually the third best team. Our record says that, but Detroit and Atlanta both have our number so that has us at #6.

Lets just hope we can beat Cleveland, because that would be a successful season, to me at least.

Well with that logic we are better than the Lakers but worse than the Grizz. Where does that leave the Lakers? lol, we have played each team a total of 1 time so far this season and we are looking better than them both outside of the head to head match up.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Hm 1 game samples are great evidence. So if we win the Eastern Conference, we definately don't want to face the Grizzlies right?