Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Jerryd Bayless is about to get his shot.

McMillan was none too pleased with Sergio Rodriguez during the Christmas night loss to Dallas. Sure, Sergio finished 4-for-4 from the field and had a nice backdoor pass to Rudy Fernandez, but McMillan played him only 2:05 of the second half. I asked him Friday why.

"Defense,'' McMillan said, a little more than a touch of disgust in his voice.

"Yeah, the pick-and-roll ...'' I said, noting the Blazers' team-wide problem that night. But before I could finish, McMillan was already shaking his head.

"No, just defense period,'' McMillan said. "He has to play better defense.''

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2008/12/is...ess_the_shot_in.html

This kid would be the perfect back-up for Jameer, and the word is that him and Fran Vasquez are good friend. So Rodriguez addition to our team would help us bring Vasquez over. Otis let make it happen.

Don't care for any one that don't play defense and don't care about FRAN when we have the Warlock.

Warlock was already on record saying that he's considering going oversea next year. He's looking to get paid, and as for Fran he's putting up solid numbers in a limted amount of minutes oversea.

The Polish Stud has also said that he likes it here and he loves his new house. He has even talked about becoming an American Citizen. I do see the Magic giving him more money and that was one of his biggest beefs and of course more minutes.

The only thing on his list that he hasn't got yet from the Magic is more money he is now getting the kind of minutes he was talking about.

So Fran who hasn't proven anything including in Spain can stay in Spain Gortat has already proven himself over and over again that he can play in the NBA.

AJ isn't great, but at least he knows how to play some defense, from that report it sounds as though Sergio can't play any.

If the Magic still want him all they need to trade for him is Wilks contract it's a win win for Portland because they won't have to pay Wilks and his contract won't be listed on their payroll.

Unless the Magic can find another pg for that kind of money that who can either backup Nelson or be the third pg.

With Hedo being the club top priority this summer, Gortat will somehow get push to the back a la Darko. Gortat will be getting alot of offer from top clubs overseas, and there offers will probably be triple the amount of what we can offer him.

At least he tried to be a team player and give us something...

not like Fran and said the hell with you guys.

My best bet Hedo and Gortat stay with the Magic and Fran stays in Spain.

This is part of the reason why developing a big unit with Gortat & Howard is critical imo.

Gortat wants a bigger role moving forward, his limited play appears to warrant that.

Gortat will attract offers too large for us to justify signing him as a pure backup center, especially considering our payroll situation, & refusal to exceed the luxury tax.

The only way this team can really justify retaining Gortat is if he can effectively become our 6-7th man playing 16-24 minutes per. The only way that happens is if he & D12 can effectively share the floor for 8-16 minutes per.

I don't see why they can't & I think it could develop into a very good big option for this team. But, if we don't develop this season, odds are it won't ever happen.