Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Are we one injury away from missing the playoffs?

I would hate to watch this season pass us by without a healthy team on the floor for the majority of the season. Some teams have suffered devistating injuries that have taken them from contenders to missing the playoffs. I think if we can keep 3 of the 4 starters (other than Dwight)healthy we can keep pace and reach the playoffs. I think we need all starters and the bench healthy to get any further.

Jameers injury could be huge because as much as I have been a skeptic of Nelson, he has been playing great this season. Hopefully we can get him back in the line up and playing at a high level.

I would hate to watch this season pass us by without a healthy team on the floor for the majority of the season. Some teams have suffered devistating injuries that have taken them from contenders to missing the playoffs. I think if we can keep 3 of the 4 starters (other than Dwight)healthy we can keep pace and reach the playoffs. I think we need all starters and the bench healthy to get any further.

Jameers injury could be huge because as much as I have been a skeptic of Nelson, he has been playing great this season. Hopefully we can get him back in the line up and playing at a high level.

Pretty much any team built around a superstar is 1 injury away from missing the playoffs. Without Paul, New Orleans is a 35 win team. Without Lebron, Cleveland is nearly identical to this year's Milwaukee Bucks. Without Wade, the Heat would be almost unchanged from last season. And so forth.

I think the only exception to this rule are the Lakers and Celtics, who seem so deep that I think would still do well even without Kobe or KG etc.

Nelson always was going to miss at least 5-6 games, he does every year. Which is why it was stupid not getting in a 3rd pg in my opinion.

Jameer haves been pretty good the last few games and thats something the Magic needed to get a solid team to the playoffs

One thing that worries me is that Jameer gets injured 2 or 3 times per seasson and we are not deep at the PG position this year, somehow im afraid that we will see Lee or JJ at the point, and hat is terrible.

Maybe finally Otis will trade Foyle and Cook for a PG thats able to run the team and get some wins in case Jameer keeps geting injured.

Only injury that can hurt our chances to get into the playoffs IMO is Dwight's. All our other starters' strengths can be mirrored equally or to a slightly lesser degree by our other players. Nobody can mirror what Dwight gives to the team.

quote:
Originally posted by JC Aponte:

Maybe finally Otis will trade Foyle and Cook for a PG thats able to run the team and get some wins in case Jameer keeps geting injured.

I don't think anybody would want Foyle and Cook. Especially not for a PG that's able to run a team.