Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Duffy Asks Warriors to Trade Marcus Williams

quote:
Al Harrington wasn't the only Warrior who wanted out of Golden State. Former University of Connecticut point guard Marcus Williams feels that way, too. Following two decent seasons in New Jersey, Williams was hoping for a fresh start and much more playing time after being dealt to the Warriors July 22 for a conditional first-round draft pick. With Monta Ellis out with an ankle injury and Baron Davis gone to the Clippers, Williams seemed in good position to get his wish. But through 11 games, he was scoreless with seven assists in 23 minutes and was behind undrafted rookies C.J. Watson and DeMarcus Nelson in the point guard rotation. Williams's agent, Bill Duffy, said he asked the Warriors to trade his client. "It appeared to be an ideal fit for him over the summer after Baron Davis's absence," Duffy said. "Marcus has not had sustained opportunities. It's not his intention to leave, but it's important that he plays." Harrington got his wish Friday when he was dealt to New York for guard Jamal Crawford. With Crawford expected to start, playing time should be even harder for Williams to get. Duffy acknowledged that the Warriors have been talking to teams about Williams. Golden State executive vice president Chris Mullin believes Williams can still make an impact this season. "To me, he just needs a chance," said Mullin. "We're going to put another scorer [Crawford], sooner or later, on the floor. So we'll need another passer. It's still early. We're just 10 games in. I understand his frustration. There is a lot of situations where it can click."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/1...nd_so_far/?page=full

I think Williams would be a nice addition to our team. What do you guys think?

quote:
Al Harrington wasn't the only Warrior who wanted out of Golden State. Former University of Connecticut point guard Marcus Williams feels that way, too. Following two decent seasons in New Jersey, Williams was hoping for a fresh start and much more playing time after being dealt to the Warriors July 22 for a conditional first-round draft pick. With Monta Ellis out with an ankle injury and Baron Davis gone to the Clippers, Williams seemed in good position to get his wish. But through 11 games, he was scoreless with seven assists in 23 minutes and was behind undrafted rookies C.J. Watson and DeMarcus Nelson in the point guard rotation. Williams's agent, Bill Duffy, said he asked the Warriors to trade his client. "It appeared to be an ideal fit for him over the summer after Baron Davis's absence," Duffy said. "Marcus has not had sustained opportunities. It's not his intention to leave, but it's important that he plays." Harrington got his wish Friday when he was dealt to New York for guard Jamal Crawford. With Crawford expected to start, playing time should be even harder for Williams to get. Duffy acknowledged that the Warriors have been talking to teams about Williams. Golden State executive vice president Chris Mullin believes Williams can still make an impact this season. "To me, he just needs a chance," said Mullin. "We're going to put another scorer [Crawford], sooner or later, on the floor. So we'll need another passer. It's still early. We're just 10 games in. I understand his frustration. There is a lot of situations where it can click."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/1...nd_so_far/?page=full

I think Williams would be a nice addition to our team. What do you guys think?

idk, i'm skeptical of him, he hasnt really done anything with his minutes...there was a block of games for NJ last season where he was playing well and stroking the 3 ball...but idk...I guess I would consider adding him, but we have nothing to trade for him...the TPE wont work for Marcus because he only makes 1.2, Cook make's too much to trade for him, unless they gave us Richard Hendrix lol...idk