Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Pietrus Key Addition For Magic - Hoopsworld

quote:
After toiling in obscurity, struggling to find minutes, while playing for Don Nelson in Golden State for the last five seasons, Mickael Pietrus went to Orlando as a free agent this summer in search of consistent minutes and a chance to win games.

With All-Stars Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis and the winner of the 2008 NBA Most Improved Player Award Hedo Turkoglu already on the roster, Pietrus signed with Orlando following to 2007-08 season with a chance to be a key role player on a Championship contender.

"I love playing for the Magic. We have different goals than we did in Golden State," Pietrus said, "which is to get to the championship, and I think we have a great team. For me, just being out there playing the game, coach gives me a lot of confidence and it's all about Coach right now."

Pietrus came into the NBA in 2003 as an established star in France and struggled to fit in to Nelson's up-tempo system with the Warriors despite high expectations for the eleventh overall draft pick.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10668

quote:
After toiling in obscurity, struggling to find minutes, while playing for Don Nelson in Golden State for the last five seasons, Mickael Pietrus went to Orlando as a free agent this summer in search of consistent minutes and a chance to win games.

With All-Stars Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis and the winner of the 2008 NBA Most Improved Player Award Hedo Turkoglu already on the roster, Pietrus signed with Orlando following to 2007-08 season with a chance to be a key role player on a Championship contender.

"I love playing for the Magic. We have different goals than we did in Golden State," Pietrus said, "which is to get to the championship, and I think we have a great team. For me, just being out there playing the game, coach gives me a lot of confidence and it's all about Coach right now."

Pietrus came into the NBA in 2003 as an established star in France and struggled to fit in to Nelson's up-tempo system with the Warriors despite high expectations for the eleventh overall draft pick.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10668

Funny how most of the media gave this addition a C+ at best but now that its working well we start to see the tunes change.

This is my official claim that by the all-star break the media says the east belongs to either Boston or us. By the finals we win in 6 vs the Lakers. Book it.